ALM vs BLM

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4494
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:33 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 pm
It's really that simple and I have a hard time understanding why some can't grasp it. :-k



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by Rich K » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Nothing as inspiring as a twisted parable. However, I agree that the members of BLM are lost sheep.


Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14015
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:24 pm

3 Then Jesus told them this parable:(D) 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?(E) 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’(F) 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.(G)


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4494
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:52 pm
Nothing as inspiring as a twisted parable. However, I agree that the members of BLM are lost sheep.
:shock:



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4384
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by RickRund » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am

Another horrific weekend in chicago. Where is blm?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... 2-104-shot

Even Milwaukee saw a fair number of shootings...

I remember when neighborhoods would unite and have Midnight Marches to stop the violence.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14015
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am
Another horrific weekend in chicago. Where is blm?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... 2-104-shot

Even Milwaukee saw a fair number of shootings...

I remember when neighborhoods would unite and have Midnight Marches to stop the violence.
It's a tough deal to be sure. https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ ... story.html This story is from 2018, but captures what's going on in Chicago.
“One of the ways Chicago is different is that our social conditions are not anything like those now in New York City and Los Angeles,” Jens Ludwig, director of the Crime Lab, told a City Club audience early this year. “We are not just the most segregated city in America, but the level of concentrated poverty we have in our neighborhoods is unlike anything in Los Angeles or New York. You would not find an Englewood or Garfield Park anywhere in Los Angeles and New York.”

The dynamics at play, the ones Chicagoans want to understand to end the bloodshed, are complex. Gang life is a substitute for hope in isolated neighborhoods. Every shooting invites a retaliatory attack. In a city of 2.7 million people, a relatively small number of criminals — perhaps 5,000 to 10,000 thugs and drug dealers — are driving a large share of the violence. “It’s the same individuals that continuously commit these crimes,” Chicago Police Department Superintendent Eddie Johnson said.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3229
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by technoCat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am
Another horrific weekend in chicago. Where is blm?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... 2-104-shot

Even Milwaukee saw a fair number of shootings...

I remember when neighborhoods would unite and have Midnight Marches to stop the violence.
It's a tough deal to be sure. https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ ... story.html This story is from 2018, but captures what's going on in Chicago.
“One of the ways Chicago is different is that our social conditions are not anything like those now in New York City and Los Angeles,” Jens Ludwig, director of the Crime Lab, told a City Club audience early this year. “We are not just the most segregated city in America, but the level of concentrated poverty we have in our neighborhoods is unlike anything in Los Angeles or New York. You would not find an Englewood or Garfield Park anywhere in Los Angeles and New York.”

The dynamics at play, the ones Chicagoans want to understand to end the bloodshed, are complex. Gang life is a substitute for hope in isolated neighborhoods. Every shooting invites a retaliatory attack. In a city of 2.7 million people, a relatively small number of criminals — perhaps 5,000 to 10,000 thugs and drug dealers — are driving a large share of the violence. “It’s the same individuals that continuously commit these crimes,” Chicago Police Department Superintendent Eddie Johnson said.
This is why I believe the answer has to be a cultural revolution in the black community, better training and standards by the police, and a change in leadership in these cities. It can't just be one part changing because the other two will just keep dragging it back down.


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by Rich K » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Chicago is the birthplace of good old boy Saul Alinsky and his gang of community organizers. No where in a civil society does his crap work.


Image

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by codecat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:39 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am
Another horrific weekend in chicago. Where is blm?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... 2-104-shot

Even Milwaukee saw a fair number of shootings...

I remember when neighborhoods would unite and have Midnight Marches to stop the violence.
It's a tough deal to be sure. https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ ... story.html This story is from 2018, but captures what's going on in Chicago.
“One of the ways Chicago is different is that our social conditions are not anything like those now in New York City and Los Angeles,” Jens Ludwig, director of the Crime Lab, told a City Club audience early this year. “We are not just the most segregated city in America, but the level of concentrated poverty we have in our neighborhoods is unlike anything in Los Angeles or New York. You would not find an Englewood or Garfield Park anywhere in Los Angeles and New York.”

The dynamics at play, the ones Chicagoans want to understand to end the bloodshed, are complex. Gang life is a substitute for hope in isolated neighborhoods. Every shooting invites a retaliatory attack. In a city of 2.7 million people, a relatively small number of criminals — perhaps 5,000 to 10,000 thugs and drug dealers — are driving a large share of the violence. “It’s the same individuals that continuously commit these crimes,” Chicago Police Department Superintendent Eddie Johnson said.
This is why I believe the answer has to be a cultural revolution in the black community, better training and standards by the police, and a change in leadership in these cities. It can't just be one part changing because the other two will just keep dragging it back down.
The answer is simple but would take some time to work itself out - cities like Chicago have been governed by liberal mayors for years and years and its more than obvious that the party NEEDS to keep a dependent class of citizen in order to win. This explains their position in siding with the Cartels advocating for gangs, drugs, and people trafficking over the Mexican border.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by codecat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:09 pm
Chicago is the birthplace of good old boy Saul Alinsky and his gang of community organizers. No where in a civil society does his crap work.
Your so right Rich - but the left believes his crap even if they don't know who Alinsky even is (which most sheep don't), and one of the most prominent set of deep pockets for this is George Soros. For you that don't read anything that isn't purposely shaped for you - he is the man who privately funds Antifa that has been so prominent these last few weeks.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by Rich K » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 am

codecat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:45 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:09 pm
Chicago is the birthplace of good old boy Saul Alinsky and his gang of community organizers. No where in a civil society does his crap work.
Your so right Rich - but the left believes his crap even if they don't know who Alinsky even is (which most sheep don't), and one of the most prominent set of deep pockets for this is George Soros. For you that don't read anything that isn't purposely shaped for you - he is the man who privately funds Antifa that has been so prominent these last few weeks.
(This is the documentary that has shown on EWTN. )
I think I promised you this link a long time ago, not sure if I ever provided it. Pay attention to the parable at the beginning of the video about the wolf in sheep's clothing. In particular, after the shepherd kills the wolf he hangs the dead wolf on a tree so when men pass by they will ask about the wolf. Knowing that once a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing is important so that people are on the alert.


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by Rich K » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:28 am



Image

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: ALM vs BLM

Post by codecat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:28 am
Thanks for the post Rich, they used to have her on one of the pages of the BLM web site but have taken it down in recent weeks.

BLM is a good example of the Left Marketing an agenda item as fair, caring, compassionate, righteous, and humane while their actions are entirely different, so most of the snowflake crowd only hears from their press that they are the most fair, caring, compassionate, righteous, and humane so their pride will not let them even consider a differing opinion. Its all done by the media narrative and controlling what news they want you to hear. I will judge by their actions and not their words!

I like to point to the example of Brandon Straka and his grass roots #Walk Away Campaign and the detailed struggle he went though in seeing the truth about the left that supposedly supported much of his identity (btw he voted for Hillary in the last election). You would think that some of the Left owned media outlets would have done a human interest story on him but nada.
The #WalkAway Campaign is a true grassroots movement, founded by former liberal, Brandon Straka on May 26th, 2018. The #WalkAway Campaign encourages and supports those on the Left to walk away from the divisive tenets endorsed and mandated by the Democratic Party of today. We are walking away from the lies, the false narratives, the fake news, the race-baiting, the victim narrative, the violence, the vandalism, the vitriol. We are walking away from a party driven by hate. We are walking toward patriotism and a new, unified America! We are the future of this great nation!
The movement story is illustrated in these videos: "Celebrating 2 Years", "Are You Ready...To Become UNSILENT", "Media Bias", "Voter Registration", "Anti-Semitism",and "Watch the Viral Video That Started It All"....

https://www.walkawaycampaign.com/

...however, I think the following show clip/excerpt interview with Mark Levin tells the story of the struggle of his change of mind.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6009837570001#sp=show-clips

If you want the full interview (about 40 minutes) do a search for "Brandon Straka story interviews" using DuckDuck.go or if you dare risk a filtered search, try google.

WATCH IF YOUR EGO DARE!


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

Post Reply