Imagine if Democrats got Their Way...

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Imagine if Democrats got Their Way...

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:59 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:57 am
codecat wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:08 am
RickRund wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:52 pm
Great post - so few remember that Black Lives matter is Obama's pet remake of the Black Panthers and their purpose has always been to take down American Law Enforcement. They are simply doing it under the "social Justice" umbrella now (which of course is all about social control).
1 out of 1,000 black men and boys will be killed by a police officer. That is pretty scary.
The guy posting the graphic implies that the only thing BLM cares about is white on black murder. BLM has a lot more to it than that. I suggest going to their website and reading up on them a little bit.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
codecat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Great post - so few remember that Black Lives matter is Obama's pet remake of the Black Panthers and their purpose has always been to take down American Law Enforcement. They are simply doing it under the "social Justice" umbrella now (which of course is all about social control).
1 out of 1,000 black men and boys will be killed by a police officer. That is pretty scary.
That would be scary, but that's not what it says. You threw in the "police officer" part yourself.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:19 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:08 am
The Butcher wrote:
codecat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
That would be scary, but that's not what it says. You threw in the "police officer" part yourself.
So you think that an organized movement dedicated to non-violent civil disobedience in protest to police brutality shouldn't be discussed? The people that are suppose to keep us safe are killing black men and boys at 2.5x higher rate than white men and boys isn't an issue that should be discussed? I would disagree, this is an issue that needs to be fixed.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:18 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:19 am
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
codecat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
So you think that an organized movement dedicated to non-violent civil disobedience in protest to police brutality shouldn't be discussed? The people that are suppose to keep us safe are killing black men and boys at 2.5x higher rate than white men and boys isn't an issue that should be discussed? I would disagree, this is an issue that needs to be fixed.
This graph is not a death by police graph. You throw in the po!ice.. The number to be scrutinized most is the black on black... Another set of numbers I have posted shows that blacks are 52% of the murders stat while being 17% of the population and I believe 93% of those were murdered by blacks.
I have been on twitter with the blm discussions and am called a racist because I state that All Lives Matter. I am called a racist because I don't feel one life is more important than any other. The exception is Abortion and black abortions are a much greater percentage than white abortions.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 am

The Butcher wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
codecat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
No, thats not what I said.
You said that 1 out of every 1000 black men will be killed by a police officer. That is completely false, you misread the graph that was posted.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:29 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
codecat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
No, thats not what I said.
You said that 1 out of every 1000 black men will be killed by a police officer. That is completely false, you misread the graph that was posted.
Who knows what the Butcher is referring to??? I have looked at the graph and none of the categories come anywhere close to his figure. The highest category of 53 per 1 million equates to 0.053 per 1,000.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 pm

The graph and the narrative posted was a total misrepresentation of what BLM is all about. Yes, a portion of their concern is white on black killings. Of course, but if you take the time to read up on what BLM is all about you'll see there's a ton more to it than that. The graph and narrative are garbage meant to instigate a fight and give fuel to people who are predisposed to discriminating against blacks and other minorities. It worked.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:29 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:06 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 am
hokeyfine wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:56 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:55 am
This isn't exactly Defunding the police. They still have a full-size police department.
The city, home to a population about 17% of Minneapolis' size, dissolved its police department in 2012 and replaced it with an entirely new one after corruption rendered the existing agency unfixable.
i think this is exactly(in part) what the purpose of defunding law enforcement is. it doesn't mean no police force.
Depends on who you talk to I guess. I've heard several different definitions. Does it make sense to "defund" the police, then create another police dept and fund them? I guess I don't understand how that's going to end police brutality.

And the democratic leadership sure isn't liking the Defund movement, either. If it wasn't a crazy idea, then why did Biden come out against it yesterday, and why are other democratic leaders trying to shut it down too?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Camden, NJ disbanded its PD and it seems to have worked. Not near the size of Mpls, but notable. Other smaller towns have done the same with good results.

https://www.governing.com/topics/public ... tment.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/disba ... index.html
Apparently you decided to skip over Hokey's link, because its the exact same article as your 2nd one. A few posts ago, which I guess you didn't read, I took a couple quotes from the article and responded to them.
Again - the article states that Camden, NJ disbanded its police department and THEN CREATED A NEW ONE that did the same exact work, except they hired more minorities, and they made an effort to make friends with the residents in their district. (which is great, but I don't see how that will prevent excessive use of force within a police department from ever occurring again.)
I'll paste the quote again, maybe you'll read it this time:
The city, home to a population about 17% of Minneapolis' size, dissolved its police department in 2012 and replaced it with an entirely new one after corruption rendered the existing agency unfixable.
Another interesting quote from that story:
...the new department also hired over 100 officers who previously served the dissolved Camden Police Department
They hired back 100 officers from the "disbanded" police department, to work in their brand new police department...

Also would love to hear your thoughts on why Biden and democratic leaders have come out against the Defund movement. I posted a link earlier but I'm sure you didn't read it. So you'll have to look it up yourself if you dont believe me.
I would guess that by disbanding the police, it got rid of the police union and contract. That would allow them to only hire back the officers that had clean records and get rid of those who had complaints against them or were problem employees.