Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3588
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by Rich K » Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.


Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14031
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3588
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by Rich K » Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?
I'm looking for a public facing model for global warming that all the experts on the interwebs say I ignore when commenting about man-made climate change, global warming, global cooling, or whatever they call it on that day. I gave a hint as to what I expect as far as what model would look like. It should be easy to find since thousands and thousands of the world's leading scientists give it the okie-dokey.


Image

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by RickRund » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 pm

It will be found in the dark web, well encrypted where ignorant peons cannot find what utter foolishness we have been fed...



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14031
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:02 am

Have you looked at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies global climate model? I see it referenced once in a while.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7944
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by allcat » Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:02 am
Have you looked at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies global climate model? I see it referenced once in a while.
So far no model stands up to the little ice age or the middle warming period. For me the whole thing is economics. Until Elon Electric cars were a fantasy, I scoffed at everything I heard at first. I'm now a believer. I also have 4kw of solar at my house, but would not have a wind turbine. I am for things that don't pollute, I just don't want to kill ourselves to get there.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by ilovethecats » Wed May 27, 2020 12:40 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?
I'm looking for a public facing model for global warming that all the experts on the interwebs say I ignore when commenting about man-made climate change, global warming, global cooling, or whatever they call it on that day. I gave a hint as to what I expect as far as what model would look like. It should be easy to find since thousands and thousands of the world's leading scientists give it the okie-dokey.
I've learned a ton about models the last couple months. I could whip one up for you if you'd like. :wink:



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14031
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:10 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:40 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?
I'm looking for a public facing model for global warming that all the experts on the interwebs say I ignore when commenting about man-made climate change, global warming, global cooling, or whatever they call it on that day. I gave a hint as to what I expect as far as what model would look like. It should be easy to find since thousands and thousands of the world's leading scientists give it the okie-dokey.
I've learned a ton about models the last couple months. I could whip one up for you if you'd like. :wink:
You should have. Let’s see what you’ve learned so far. Practice makes perfect.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14031
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 pm

If anyone is interested in this subject and, like me, needs something to do to pass the time while waiting for the OP or iltc to get cranking, here's an video on busting climate change myths:



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6210
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by catatac » Thu May 28, 2020 11:06 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 pm
If anyone is interested in this subject and, like me, needs something to do to pass the time while waiting for the OP or iltc to get cranking, here's an video on busting climate change myths:

Fortunately there is a lot of good science out there that produces a lot of good data. Ice core sampling is solid science and gives us a great understanding of global temperatures throughout history. Feel free to google any time slice you want. Here's one looking at the past 10,000 years. I also like the one that shows 550 million years back. Look at the spike around 275 million years ago. 73 degrees F.

Everyone can have their opinions on this and I totally respect that. Personally I think Mother Nature is going to do whatever the hell she wants in terms of global temperatures, ice ages, super volcanoes, cosmic impacts, etc. I also think this belief doesn't give us a free pass to act like ****** and keep effing up this planet, which we are doing in a lot of ways.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABA3


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7944
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by allcat » Sat May 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Ok, lets have dueling videos. Joe shows his graphs that portray the hockey stick. Did you ever wonder why why the hockey stick graph has a start date? It's because when they take it back any further it actually shows a cooling. Watch this guy and you will see that scientist lie to keep the funding coming.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10075
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am

Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?
I'm looking for a public facing model for global warming that all the experts on the interwebs say I ignore when commenting about man-made climate change, global warming, global cooling, or whatever they call it on that day. I gave a hint as to what I expect as far as what model would look like. It should be easy to find since thousands and thousands of the world's leading scientists give it the okie-dokey.
Point me to some evidence of something I clearly don't believe in and won't have my mind changed no matter evidence you uncover.

Yea, that's gonna be a no from me as it would just be a waste of time.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6210
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Point Me to the Leading Global Warming Model

Post by catatac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:28 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I've been looking for about 20 years for somebody to actually point to the current "leading scientific" global warming model.

Will one of you nice people point me to that model? Surely it's published somewhere on the internet so that scientific inquiry and challenge can take place. I expect this to be in the form of an n x n matrix of nonlinear equations. Code blobs and/or derivatives are not models.

Thanks in advance.
You’re looking for something with that specific title?
I'm looking for a public facing model for global warming that all the experts on the interwebs say I ignore when commenting about man-made climate change, global warming, global cooling, or whatever they call it on that day. I gave a hint as to what I expect as far as what model would look like. It should be easy to find since thousands and thousands of the world's leading scientists give it the okie-dokey.
Point me to some evidence of something I clearly don't believe in and won't have my mind changed no matter evidence you uncover.

Yea, that's gonna be a no from me as it would just be a waste of time.
The only evidence I need to see is any number of longer term charts or graphs that show the global average temperature. They are all over the place on the internet. The longer the time period the better. The 500 million year one is very telling. Mother Earth has been far warmer than what it is now, several times. In fact we might not even be in a warming trend if you look at longer term data. If we are, that's the way it is and that's the way it will continue to be for millions or billions of years, long after human beings are extinct. I do agree we need to get our crap together and quit damaging the planet though.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Post Reply