Minneapolis policeman kills man

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Minneapolis policeman kills man

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm

Let's see. I'm a cop. Working a protest over race. Hmm, what should I do?

(Both cops flashed the white power sign)

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 am

Let's see. A guy gets killed by cops in Minnesota, because he is black it's racist. One crime by cops now allows everyone to be a racist.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 am
Let's see. A guy gets killed by cops in Minnesota, because he is black it's racist. One crime by cops now allows everyone to be a racist.
Let's see, you come up with this snark as your response to two white NYC policemen flashing white power signs? I mean seriously, can you imagine Fox News if a black cop had killed a white man in this manner and then black cops in another city were caught flashing a black power sign. I haven't even seen a reference to these cops flashing the white power sign on any American media site. The only place it shows up is on the UK web site, Daily Mail. If it were black cops flashing black power, it would be Top 10 all time on Fox. Right in there with Obama drinking coffee while saluting and wearing a tan jacket, Kaepernick kneeling and Hillary's emails.

And I'm sorry if you don't see the racial overtones here after this has happened numerous times across the country. Not to mention all the other racist things cops do in this country, like pulling over people for Driving While Black. Or do you think this is a first?

"Everyone" is being racist? The people peacefully protesting (ala Kaepernick taking a knee) is not a show of racism. Protesting police profiling and killing black people isn't a show of racism. I don't know that looting has anything to do with racism and it looks like all races are participating. The people instigating trouble at the protest may be racists, but there are both black and white people setting fires and busting out windows many of whom are doing so to make blacks look bad. Nonetheless, that doesn't constitute everyone being racist.

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:45 am
MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:40 am
Perhaps if people had spent less time vilifying athletes for protesting peacefully and more time paying attention to the problems that led to the protests, we wouldn't be in this position right now.

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
How about looting? Is looting the language of the unheard?
No excuse for destroying people's businesses, innocent people who have nothing to do with a murderous cop.

This campaign has raised $982,000 of a $100,000 goal in four days.

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:51 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:12 pm

Ya never know, these elderly people in Salt Lake City are an ornery bunch.
I know that this isn’t a killing and the man appears to not be a member of a traditional minority group — but he’s pretty elderly and folks in our age cohort are a minority group — there aren’t near as many of us there are 24-year-olds. I hope he knows a good lawyer.

This is the kind of stuff, and worse, that is happening to everyone, every place. Did I think in the past the policeman was my friend? Yes. Now? Not so sure. It seems that avoiding any interaction with law enforcement is a great policy. This scene scares me. If I were pushed down like that, I know I would take a long time to recover.

Yes, it’s probably only a few % that are spoiling the barrel. But who is responsible for hiring these clowns? Are there no statewide or nationwide screening or hiring policies? Enjoy hired those four psychopaths in Minneapolis? I don’t care if he died of the measles, no one so much as literally lifted a hand to help him. I’d love to see the person (HR or Police Chief or other) facing a jury. There are plenty of laws for public employees requiring them to perform their jobs without gross negligence, malfeasance, whatever.

Let’s put pressure on our local governments as we can to clean this up — and a good start would be by hiring “the right cats.” There must be way to screen out at least some of the potential bad guys.

To serve and protect.

Rant off. But this concerns me on many levels.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am
allcat wrote:
Let's see, you come up with this snark as your response to two white NYC policemen flashing white power signs? I mean seriously, can you imagine Fox News if a black cop had killed a white man in this manner and then black cops in another city were caught flashing a black power sign. I haven't even seen a reference to these cops flashing the white power sign on any American media site. The only place it shows up is on the UK web site, Daily Mail. If it were black cops flashing black power, it would be Top 10 all time on Fox. Right in there with Obama drinking coffee while saluting and wearing a tan jacket, Kaepernick kneeling and Hillary's emails.

And I'm sorry if you don't see the racial overtones here after this has happened numerous times across the country. Not to mention all the other racist things cops do in this country, like pulling over people for Driving While Black. Or do you think this is a first?

"Everyone" is being racist? The people peacefully protesting (ala Kaepernick taking a knee) is not a show of racism. Protesting police profiling and killing black people isn't a show of racism. I don't know that looting has anything to do with racism and it looks like all races are participating. The people instigating trouble at the protest may be racists, but there are both black and white people setting fires and busting out windows many of whom are doing so to make blacks look bad. Nonetheless, that doesn't constitute everyone being racist.
I think you want it to be racist, what do you call it when there is a black officer involved? I am unable in the written word to always communicate my full intent, so please only read the words I write and not expand them to a "so you mean". I do believe there are racists, but not every bad thing that happens between the races is racist. What about the time a white officer and the black professor had the issue that Obama gave them a beer for? Peaceful protests I have no problem with. While some white supremists are out there, I think is actually a small number. I think the Antifa crowd shows up and starts a lot of this stuff. I just don't see the boogie man around every corner, I think it gets blown up to further a political agenda. I'm sorry I just don't see this as widespread as it gets portrayed. I see many false flags being waved.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:11 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm

Hmm, I am a “journalist” safely protected in small town Montana where the law enforcement and citizens would never let these protests evolve into a riot, cherry picking an anti cop 4 second twitter video behind my keyboard. By focusing on this one cop, you’re implying all cops are racist instigators which they are not. All the law enforcement are NOT working a protest over race, they are now working, many under extreme duress, an organized insurrection. George Floyd sad death has little to do with these riots. Perhaps if you were truly a moderate, why don’t you post twitter videos of citizens of all races trying to protect themselves and their property only to have the living ****** beat out of them (by all races)??? Forget the pure looting videos where no one is injured…they need to vent and have some space.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:27 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:11 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm

Hmm, I am a “journalist” safely protected in small town Montana where the law enforcement and citizens would never let these protests evolve into a riot, cherry picking an anti cop 4 second twitter video behind my keyboard. By focusing on this one cop, you’re implying all cops are racist instigators which they are not. All the law enforcement are NOT working a protest over race, they are now working, many under extreme duress, an organized insurrection. George Floyd sad death has little to do with these riots. Perhaps if you were truly a moderate, why don’t you post twitter videos of citizens of all races trying to protect themselves and their property only to have the living ****** beat out of them (by all races)??? Forget the pure looting videos where no one is injured…they need to vent and have some space.
Wow, please show me where in my comment, "Let's see. I'm a cop. Working a protest over race. Hmm, what should I do? (Both cops flashed the white power sign)" I implied that "all cops are racist instigators..."? This is the biggest misrepresentation of something I've said on this board since I've started posting here, which was a long time ago.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 pm

By the way arvcat. My name is in my signature line. Where's yours? Who's hiding behind a keyboard?

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:40 pm

toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:40 pm
Powerful.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 am

Priest forcibly expelled from church by riot police for the president’s bible photo op.

What kind of dystopia are we living in?

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/02/ahe ... ite-house/

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 am

Things are going way too far now. The national guard is needed. Protestor shot dead, one police officer shot on the Las Vegas Strip and in critical condition.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/sho ... n-2041743/

Several Vegas hotels were set to reopen this weekend. I don't see anyone showing up now that cops are getting shot right on the strip. That's just unbelievable.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 am
Things are going way too far now. The national guard is needed. Protestor shot dead, one police officer shot on the Las Vegas Strip and in critical condition.

Several Vegas hotels were set to reopen this weekend. I don't see anyone showing up now that cops are getting shot right on the strip. That's just unbelievable.
I agree on the NG. Once they get involved I think the white supremacists will scatter. I think white supremacists see the NG as kin, so they'll look at that move as a sign of white supremacy. Gets rid of a big part of the rioting problem right there.

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-s ... sts-2020-6

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:10 am

This guy absolutely nails it:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 am

I agree on the NG. Once they get involved I think the white supremacists will scatter. I think white supremacists see the NG as kin, so they'll look at that move as a sign of white supremacy. Gets rid of a big part of the rioting problem right there.

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-s ... sts-2020-6
And you're the one always laughing at right wing conspiracies...

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:38 am

More white supremacists:
https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... -violence/

CNN: 2:06 a.m. ET, June 1, 2020
Minnesota officials believe there are white supremacists attending demonstrations
A crowd marches to protest the death of George Floyd on the I-35W bridge over the Mississippi River on May 31, in Minneapolis.
A crowd marches to protest the death of George Floyd on the I-35W bridge over the Mississippi River on May 31, in Minneapolis.
Law enforcement officials in Minnesota believe there are white supremacists attending demonstrations in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, said Department of Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell on Sunday night.

"They're agitators," he said, adding that authorities are trying to break up groups so "agitators" don't gather and incite chaos.

coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by coachouert » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
allcat wrote:

I think you want it to be racist, what do you call it when there is a black officer involved? I am unable in the written word to always communicate my full intent, so please only read the words I write and not expand them to a "so you mean". I do believe there are racists, but not every bad thing that happens between the races is racist. What about the time a white officer and the black professor had the issue that Obama gave them a beer for? Peaceful protests I have no problem with. While some white supremists are out there, I think is actually a small number. I think the Antifa crowd shows up and starts a lot of this stuff. I just don't see the boogie man around every corner, I think it gets blown up to further a political agenda. I'm sorry I just don't see this as widespread as it gets portrayed. I see many false flags being waved.
https://www.dw.com/en/twitter-suspends- ... a-53656003

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/ant ... index.html

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

technoCat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am
allcat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
allcat wrote:

Yeah but its just as easy for Antifa and other far-left organizations to impersonate white supremacists. Who do you think Twitter and CNN are more likely to call out about it? There are bad actors on both sides but Antifa has been proven time and again to be supported by big money democrats who pay for them to TRAVEL to many different places to "protest". They have been proven to be violent and like to hide behind masks so they will not be identified. You can't call all people who think more conservatively "conspiracy theorists" when they think there is more to what's going on than the MSM is telling us but blindly believe anything they tell you that pushes the blame to the (far far far) right.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

coachouert

Post by coachouert » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:18 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am
allcat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
allcat wrote:

Yeah but its just as easy for Antifa and other far-left organizations to impersonate white supremacists. Who do you think Twitter and CNN are more likely to call out about it? There are bad actors on both sides but Antifa has been proven time and again to be supported by big money democrats who pay for them to TRAVEL to many different places to "protest". They have been proven to be violent and like to hide behind masks so they will not be identified. You can't call all people who think more conservatively "conspiracy theorists" when they think there is more to what's going on than the MSM is telling us but blindly believe anything they tell you that pushes the blame to the (far far far) right.
I don't disagree with you in the slightest that there are agitators on both sides and that's part of the problem. I also did not call anybody out as a conspiracy theorist so not sure where that came from other than it was a defensive response? I was simply pointing out that that there are agitators and opportunists in regards to his comment about Antifa being responsible for "a lot of stuff" than "a small number" of white supremacists. This goes both ways, not just with one side or the other. The fact that the conversation is even being had about "sides" with something like what is going on in our country is a large part of the problem.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.