Minneapolis policeman kills man

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Minneapolis policeman kills man

Post by technoCat » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:36 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:18 am
technoCat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am
allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am
allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 am
Let's see. A guy gets killed by cops in Minnesota, because he is black it's racist. One crime by cops now allows everyone to be a racist.
Let's see, you come up with this snark as your response to two white NYC policemen flashing white power signs? I mean seriously, can you imagine Fox News if a black cop had killed a white man in this manner and then black cops in another city were caught flashing a black power sign. I haven't even seen a reference to these cops flashing the white power sign on any American media site. The only place it shows up is on the UK web site, Daily Mail. If it were black cops flashing black power, it would be Top 10 all time on Fox. Right in there with Obama drinking coffee while saluting and wearing a tan jacket, Kaepernick kneeling and Hillary's emails.

And I'm sorry if you don't see the racial overtones here after this has happened numerous times across the country. Not to mention all the other racist things cops do in this country, like pulling over people for Driving While Black. Or do you think this is a first?

"Everyone" is being racist? The people peacefully protesting (ala Kaepernick taking a knee) is not a show of racism. Protesting police profiling and killing black people isn't a show of racism. I don't know that looting has anything to do with racism and it looks like all races are participating. The people instigating trouble at the protest may be racists, but there are both black and white people setting fires and busting out windows many of whom are doing so to make blacks look bad. Nonetheless, that doesn't constitute everyone being racist.
I think you want it to be racist, what do you call it when there is a black officer involved? I am unable in the written word to always communicate my full intent, so please only read the words I write and not expand them to a "so you mean". I do believe there are racists, but not every bad thing that happens between the races is racist. What about the time a white officer and the black professor had the issue that Obama gave them a beer for? Peaceful protests I have no problem with. While some white supremists are out there, I think is actually a small number. I think the Antifa crowd shows up and starts a lot of this stuff. I just don't see the boogie man around every corner, I think it gets blown up to further a political agenda. I'm sorry I just don't see this as widespread as it gets portrayed. I see many false flags being waved.
https://www.dw.com/en/twitter-suspends- ... a-53656003

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/ant ... index.html
Yeah but its just as easy for Antifa and other far-left organizations to impersonate white supremacists. Who do you think Twitter and CNN are more likely to call out about it? There are bad actors on both sides but Antifa has been proven time and again to be supported by big money democrats who pay for them to TRAVEL to many different places to "protest". They have been proven to be violent and like to hide behind masks so they will not be identified. You can't call all people who think more conservatively "conspiracy theorists" when they think there is more to what's going on than the MSM is telling us but blindly believe anything they tell you that pushes the blame to the (far far far) right.
I don't disagree with you in the slightest that there are agitators on both sides and that's part of the problem. I also did not call anybody out as a conspiracy theorist so not sure where that came from other than it was a defensive response? I was simply pointing out that that there are agitators and opportunists in regards to his comment about Antifa being responsible for "a lot of stuff" than "a small number" of white supremacists. This goes both ways, not just with one side or the other. The fact that the conversation is even being had about "sides" with something like what is going on in our country is a large part of the problem.

This guy says it better than I can. I have no doubt that their are WS that are causing issues as well but there has been very little proof that they are as organized, well-funded, or numerous as Antifa.

The conspiracy theorist remark was not directly at you and I probably should have made a separate post but several posters have used that to argue against "conservative" posters on this board in relation to COVID and other issues but then they are more than willing to believe Trump has a legion of WS on speed-dial to send to protests when he has time and again soundly denounced them in his press conferences.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:47 am

You're telling me a group of like-minded activists are organized and have a plan when they see the need to act? I'm shocked. It's almost like this kind of thing happens frequently enough they've put together a playbook or something.

(please note I am not condoning the violence, vandalism or looting)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am
allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am
allcat wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 am
Let's see. A guy gets killed by cops in Minnesota, because he is black it's racist. One crime by cops now allows everyone to be a racist.
Let's see, you come up with this snark as your response to two white NYC policemen flashing white power signs? I mean seriously, can you imagine Fox News if a black cop had killed a white man in this manner and then black cops in another city were caught flashing a black power sign. I haven't even seen a reference to these cops flashing the white power sign on any American media site. The only place it shows up is on the UK web site, Daily Mail. If it were black cops flashing black power, it would be Top 10 all time on Fox. Right in there with Obama drinking coffee while saluting and wearing a tan jacket, Kaepernick kneeling and Hillary's emails.

And I'm sorry if you don't see the racial overtones here after this has happened numerous times across the country. Not to mention all the other racist things cops do in this country, like pulling over people for Driving While Black. Or do you think this is a first?

"Everyone" is being racist? The people peacefully protesting (ala Kaepernick taking a knee) is not a show of racism. Protesting police profiling and killing black people isn't a show of racism. I don't know that looting has anything to do with racism and it looks like all races are participating. The people instigating trouble at the protest may be racists, but there are both black and white people setting fires and busting out windows many of whom are doing so to make blacks look bad. Nonetheless, that doesn't constitute everyone being racist.
I think you want it to be racist, what do you call it when there is a black officer involved? I am unable in the written word to always communicate my full intent, so please only read the words I write and not expand them to a "so you mean". I do believe there are racists, but not every bad thing that happens between the races is racist. What about the time a white officer and the black professor had the issue that Obama gave them a beer for? Peaceful protests I have no problem with. While some white supremists are out there, I think is actually a small number. I think the Antifa crowd shows up and starts a lot of this stuff. I just don't see the boogie man around every corner, I think it gets blown up to further a political agenda. I'm sorry I just don't see this as widespread as it gets portrayed. I see many false flags being waved.
https://www.dw.com/en/twitter-suspends- ... a-53656003

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/ant ... index.html
I still believe that they are a small number. I also stand by my last sentence, which you proved to be true.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 am
Priest forcibly expelled from church by riot police for the president’s bible photo op.

What kind of dystopia are we living in?

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/02/ahe ... ite-house/
How is no one else commenting on this.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am
wbtfg wrote:
Priest forcibly expelled from church by riot police for the president’s bible photo op.

I read on another source that the "tear gas" thing is fake news, and it was not used to disperse the crowd so Trump could walk there. I'll see if I can find it, might have been the Federalist which is admittedly right-leaning.
Still - that whole thing is a ridiculous move by Trump.

But I guess Trump doing stupid Trump things isn't all that shocking to me. Personally I wish more people were concerned with the "protesters" who set that church on fire last weekend. Isn't that a big thing? Why are SOME of the protestors using looting, vandalism, arson and assault to solve the problem of racism in the police force? Why are grocery stores, pharmacies, etc being destroyed in many inner-city neighborhoods in order to solve this problem? Why are people being beaten and shot, including police officers, in order to solve this problem?

Yes lets call out Trump for doing stupid things, but lets also focus on the more important things happening right now.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:34 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 am
CelticCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I read on another source that the "tear gas" thing is fake news, and it was not used to disperse the crowd so Trump could walk there. I'll see if I can find it, might have been the Federalist which is admittedly right-leaning.

But I guess Trump doing stupid Trump things isn't all that shocking to me. Personally I wish more people were concerned with the "protesters" who set that church on fire last weekend. Isn't that a big thing? Why are SOME of the protestors using looting, vandalism, arson and assault to solve the problem of racism in the police force? Why are grocery stores, pharmacies, etc being destroyed in many inner-city neighborhoods in order to solve this problem? Why are people being beaten and shot, including police officers, in order to solve this problem?

Yes lets call out Trump for doing stupid things, but lets also focus on the more important things happening right now.
I don't know the answer to any of those questions and I 100% disagree with your characterization.

As far as I'm concerned if you're looting, vandalizing, committing arson, murder and assault, then you aren't a protester. You're a criminal and I'm not too interested in listening to them. The minute you start breaking laws in any of this, you're no longer a protester. A protester is someone I have respect for. Clearly not everyone protesting is committing crimes and I'd like to listen to those people.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:52 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:34 pm
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I don't know the answer to any of those questions and I 100% disagree with your characterization.

As far as I'm concerned if you're looting, vandalizing, committing arson, murder and assault, then you aren't a protester. You're a criminal and I'm not too interested in listening to them. The minute you start breaking laws in any of this, you're no longer a protester. A protester is someone I have respect for. Clearly not everyone protesting is committing crimes and I'd like to listen to those people.
That's a good point. Its important to distinguish between those who are peacefully protesting the systemic problems in the police force, and the criminals who are taking advantage of this situation to commit crimes.
I certainly wasn't implying that all protestors are doing that, thats why i capitalized the word "SOME" in my last post, to avoid having my words taken out of context.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Murderous cop has his charge upgraded from manslaughter to 2nd degree murder.
Also, the other 3 cops will be charged:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/3-cops-c ... 20204.html

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:56 am

91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I read on another source that the "tear gas" thing is fake news, and it was not used to disperse the crowd so Trump could walk there. I'll see if I can find it,
Sounds like it was a semantics argument. There was a “chemical agent” used it just wasn’t “tear gas” specifically.

It was very Churchill-esque don’t ya know.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:56 am
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I read on another source that the "tear gas" thing is fake news, and it was not used to disperse the crowd so Trump could walk there. I'll see if I can find it,
Sounds like it was a semantics argument. There was a “chemical agent” used it just wasn’t “tear gas” specifically.

It was very Churchill-esque don’t ya know.
Would that then be called fake, fake news?

Some potentially real fake news yesterday in the NY Post. They ran a headline that, according to police, $2.4 million in Rolex watches were stolen from a store. The story opened with the same statement, then in the same story quoted the owner as saying, that NO watches were stolen. That'll be a fun one to follow-up on.

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:28 am

CelticCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

This was pretty disgusting. But people aren't commenting because this is exactly what you would expect Trump to do... I think there have been more people talking about Trump's confusion on how to hold the Bible than anything else.

technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by technoCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:20 am

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minn ... SKBN23A27W
On Tuesday, the U.S. Park Police said it deployed horse and riot units, as well as other officers, to respond to protesters throwing things, and then sent in smoke canisters and pepper balls when the protesters became combative. The media, though, has reported that the move came from Attorney General William Barr’s desire to expand a security perimeter.
So I guess we just assume the US Park Police are all liars now...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 am

70 COVID testing sites destroyed in the riots, according to Dr. Birx.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-birx-says ... 49109.html

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:58 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 am

I would be very curious where those destroyed sites are located. When you make a statement like that people immediately think health care facilities, yet there is no information indicating that ever happened. Of course she could be including all those Walmart parking lot testing sites across the country that Trump told us all about 3 months ago... :lol:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:58 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 am

I would be very curious where those destroyed sites are located. When you make a statement like that people immediately think health care facilities, yet there is no information indicating that ever happened. Of course she could be including all those Walmart parking lot testing sites across the country that Trump told us all about 3 months ago... :lol:
I don't think Birx has any incentive to lie. But I would imagine that number would include some temporary testing sites, yes. Still not a good thing.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14