Did China start a world war

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Did China start a world war

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:52 am

China new they had the virus and had said it did not transmit people to people. They knew the real problem. They were even buying medical supplies through 3rd parties before they did a lockdown. They let people travel everywhere, intentionally spreading this virus. Their economy was at a standstill and they decided to ruin the world economy. This is going to be worse than a war. This virus should not be called cover-19 it should be called the ccp virus. This was intentional on their part.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Did China start a world war

Post by 77matcat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:16 am

It was the deep state.

That and Ted Cruz’s father.

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 pm

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:47 pm

What you seem to be saying is "China lying about this makes perfect sense to me" Instead of actually discussing this or ignoring it you decide that since you have no alternative theory, you might as well anonymously do a lame attempt at mockery.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. All the signs point to this being planned for maximum impact from the very beginning by the CCP and their stooges in the W.H.O. Maybe it was originally an accident and they just decided to make the best of a bad situation but given the fact they have had agents caught trying to illegally transfer viruses around the world, that is getting harder and harder to believe.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 pm
I wholeheartedly agree. All the signs point to this being planned for maximum impact from the very beginning by the CCP and their stooges in the W.H.O. Maybe it was originally an accident and they just decided to make the best of a bad situation but given the fact they have had agents caught trying to illegally transfer viruses around the world, that is getting harder and harder to believe.
I read an article last week about the virus and China. I like reading the posts too. One poster said and will paraphrase
“My commie sister lives in China since 1990. She told me that they made us get 7 or 8 vaccinations last fall. Nobody got sick in her community’.

Could this mean China was testing a vaccine to protect themselves but some how the versus got out of control? Now, China has no new cases because they vaccinated everyone? Very strange to me.

technoCat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:54 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm
technoCat wrote:
I read an article last week about the virus and China. I like reading the posts too. One poster said and will paraphrase
“My commie sister lives in China since 1990. She told me that they made us get 7 or 8 vaccinations last fall. Nobody got sick in her community’.

Could this mean China was testing a vaccine to protect themselves but some how the versus got out of control? Now, China has no new cases because they vaccinated everyone? Very strange to me.
Yeah it is insane to think a country with 1.3 billion people in it had less cases than Italy. Yes, they can lock down their people in ways that would never be acceptable in the western world(nor should they be) but I don't think that explains how the spread stopped given the new information we are seeing about how it spreads.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am

90% (guessing here please correct if you wish) of China’s economy and therefor it’s new standard of living comes from its business with the rest of the world. Killing the rest of the world and shutting down the world economy is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 am

77matcat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am
90% (guessing here please correct if you wish) of China’s economy and therefor it’s new standard of living comes from its business with the rest of the world. Killing the rest of the world and shutting down the world economy is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
They have 30% of the world's manufacturing. USA is second with about 23%. Back before Italy's outbreak blew up they donated a significant amount of their medical supplies to China. Now that Italy needs them, China is forcing Italy to buy them back.

What China is doing is called mercantilism and has a reliable track record of leading to war. The WTO was created to try and end mercantilism and give member countries an avenue for peaceful dispute resolution. China has reneged on every significant promise it made as a condition for joining the WTO.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:54 pm
BobCatFan wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm
technoCat wrote:

Yeah it is insane to think a country with 1.3 billion people in it had less cases than Italy. Yes, they can lock down their people in ways that would never be acceptable in the western world(nor should they be) but I don't think that explains how the spread stopped given the new information we are seeing about how it spreads.
Hardly any, if any, countries around China have been hard hit. They're probably just more aware and prepared. Compared to the US and Europe where a lot of people thought it wasn't a big deal. We'll need to be more prepared next time, but based on what I'm seeing there's no guarantee on that. It may take another cycle before Americans come around on this kind of thing. Whenever things go wrong or someone feels like they don't measure up to another country there are those who want to find an answer that doesn't make them look inferior, so they claim others are cheating or doing something nefarious.

Montana (SD, ND, Wyo) has the advantage of being isolated and not densely populated. Looks like the virus is blooming in the southern states now, which makes sense because they're among the final holdouts on locking down.

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:24 am

77matcat wrote:
Exactly. China is getting ready to ramp up production again, but the world demand has plunged. There will be an oversupply which will not help China's economy. COVID-19 has not helped China...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:37 am

I agree that on a simple face it makes no sense. Where it might make sense is they did not know how long it would last they could see themselves being destroyed, but others end up stepping in and taking the manufacturing. If they put everybody in the same situation, they actually could gain an advantage.

technoCat

Post by technoCat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am

You have to consider that maybe China is looking at a longer end game where they cripple the economies of their largest rivals and take a political lead in the world without the US and Europe able to challenge them economically. China has 1.3 billion people and are in a much better position than almost any other nation to be self-sufficient. I'm sure their political elite are more than willing to take a hit now if it means having a significant advantage going forward.

@iiafan Yeah maybe all of China's neighbors are just better than us at dealing with this. Maybe their people have better immunity. Maybe they got lucky with weather. Maybe their societal norms lend themselves to slowing down the spread. All I know is when the numbers are so massively different between countries, especially given more and more data is showing that large scale quarantines shouldn't be effective against this disease, I look for answers other than "well the west just sucks at this"...

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 am

Interesting share that I stumbled upon in facelessbook. This is one fired up Doctor. He has pretty good take on the virus and what can be done to soften its effect... Hope this link works...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am
You have to consider that maybe China is looking at a longer end game where they cripple the economies of their largest rivals and take a political lead in the world without the US and Europe able to challenge them economically. China has 1.3 billion people and are in a much better position than almost any other nation to be self-sufficient. I'm sure their political elite are more than willing to take a hit now if it means having a significant advantage going forward.

@iiafan Yeah maybe all of China's neighbors are just better than us at dealing with this. Maybe their people have better immunity. Maybe they got lucky with weather. Maybe their societal norms lend themselves to slowing down the spread. All I know is when the numbers are so massively different between countries, especially given more and more data is showing that large scale quarantines shouldn't be effective against this disease, I look for answers other than "well the west just sucks at this"...
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coronav ... s-say.html

https://www.wired.com/story/the-asian-c ... -it-again/

technoCat

Post by technoCat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:34 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 am
technoCat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coronav ... s-say.html

https://www.wired.com/story/the-asian-c ... -it-again/
So those were mostly the reasons that I listed. I apologize for downplaying them.

As far as the thread topic, these articles show that China may have known its economy was better positioned to ride out this pandemic and thus would encourage new investment by the world.

BobCatFan

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Cledus wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 am
77matcat wrote:
They have 30% of the world's manufacturing. USA is second with about 23%. Back before Italy's outbreak blew up they donated a significant amount of their medical supplies to China. Now that Italy needs them, China is forcing Italy to buy them back.

What China is doing is called mercantilism and has a reliable track record of leading to war. The WTO was created to try and end mercantilism and give member countries an avenue for peaceful dispute resolution. China has reneged on every significant promise it made as a condition for joining the WTO.
business between countries usually prevents wars. Please give us some samples to think about.

BobCatFan

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:28 pm

allcat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:37 am
I agree that on a simple face it makes no sense. Where it might make sense is they did not know how long it would last they could see themselves being destroyed, but others end up stepping in and taking the manufacturing. If they put everybody in the same situation, they actually could gain an advantage.
I tend to agree with you. China plays the long game. They have a 5000 history. What is a few years and what is a few deaths to them? Not much in my opinion.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:55 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Cledus wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 am
77matcat wrote:

business between countries usually prevents wars. Please give us some samples to think about.
I feel like you didn’t even look up mercantilism before asking me for examples. You seem to be conflating trade and mercantilism. Trade is a very broad word and mercantilism is a narrower definition that falls within the scope of trade.

If you had spent even a moment looking it up you would see the American Revolution would be the most obvious example.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.