Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by allcat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:24 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:02 am
allcat wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:29 am
If he didn’t say it, then why is he claiming that it was satirical? I like Trump. Voted for him. But if you didn’t say something, you’d explain what you did say and not say it was satirical.

One of Trump’s weaknesses is his inability to listen carefully as pointed out by Dr. Birx. She gave the best possible defense for what Trump said.

There actually are people out there that have for years thought this disinfectant cure works for lots of illnesses. Search Mark Grenon. He wrote to Trump about it days before Trump said this stuff. Maybe just a coincidence, but the point is that this isn’t something Trump pulled out of thin air.
The satirical part was not the clip you see on the news. That part was with a reporter. Trump says plenty of dumb stuff, but many in the press also give questions that are only designed to irritate. My wife is completely anti Trump and even she said she sees how the press puts bs out there on this.
What was the satirical part? I haven’t seen anything resembling satire or out of context....Can you post that clip?
I’m intrigued by this as well. Searched “Fox Trump sarcastic disinfectant” and only getting hits for Brett Baier and Neil Cavuto doubting that Trump was being satirical.
I don't know how to find something like that. he actually addressed it a couple more times that day. You would have to find the whole briefing.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:34 am

allcat wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 am
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
If he didn’t say it, then why is he claiming that it was satirical? I like Trump. Voted for him. But if you didn’t say something, you’d explain what you did say and not say it was satirical.

One of Trump’s weaknesses is his inability to listen carefully as pointed out by Dr. Birx. She gave the best possible defense for what Trump said.

There actually are people out there that have for years thought this disinfectant cure works for lots of illnesses. Search Mark Grenon. He wrote to Trump about it days before Trump said this stuff. Maybe just a coincidence, but the point is that this isn’t something Trump pulled out of thin air.
The satirical part was not the clip you see on the news. That part was with a reporter. Trump says plenty of dumb stuff, but many in the press also give questions that are only designed to irritate. My wife is completely anti Trump and even she said she sees how the press puts bs out there on this.
What was the satirical part? I haven’t seen anything resembling satire or out of context....Can you post that clip?
I’m intrigued by this as well. Searched “Fox Trump sarcastic disinfectant” and only getting hits for Brett Baier and Neil Cavuto doubting that Trump was being satirical.
I don't know how to find something like that. he actually addressed it a couple more times that day. You would have to find the whole briefing.
Here is the entire briefing. I’d be curious to know your interpretation on where the satire/sarcasm stemmed from. I’d be interested in that info as I don’t see any room for sarcasm or satire in the context of the entire briefing.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:34 am
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Here is the entire briefing. I’d be curious to know your interpretation on where the satire/sarcasm stemmed from. I’d be interested in that info as I don’t see any room for sarcasm or satire in the context of the entire briefing.

Also, it’s a grim setting for sarcasm regardless of how obvious you’re trying to be with it.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Also, it’s a grim setting for sarcasm regardless of how obvious you’re trying to be with it.
Did you see sarcasm in there as @allcat suggests?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Did you see sarcasm in there as @allcat suggests?
He can really stay in character, if so. Had us all fooled. Pretty sure it’s impossible to be sarcastic AND not say something at the same time.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm

I think you guys have finally proven the case: Trump says stupid things! I wasn't a believer before but now with this, there is no denying it.

BTW this was sarcasm.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm
I think you guys have finally proven the case: Trump says stupid things! I wasn't a believer before but now with this, there is no denying it.

BTW this was sarcasm.
Which parts are sarcasm? the "I think you guys have finally proven the case" or "I wasn't a believer before but now with this"

It can't possibly be the, "Trump says stupid things!" Because there is no denying it.

In keeping with the excuse in favor at this time, this was sarcasm.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:14 am
technoCat wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 am
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Exactly! I don't mind if people make fun of Trump, he asks for it constantly. What i do mind is the media twisting what he says to the point of being dangerous and they parrot it over and over until its just taken as absolute fact. Just because you want what they(msm) say to be true doesn't mean you shouldn't be scared to death of the power the weild and abuse daily.
Yes, everyone should fact check the media or anything they hear even if it’s what they want to hear. That would save themselves and others a lot of time and embarrassment. I know I’ve been guilty of that.
Agreed. I’m constantly dumbfounded on how mad people get when Trump is fact checked and his claims are debunked. It seems more and more that people aren’t looking for facts, they are more interested in information that fits their own personal narrative.
Dumbfounded wbtfg? This is rather rich coming from someone that for 2+ years (or perhaps, still to this day?) was more interested in “information” that supported the Trump Russia collusion conspiracy theory that fit your Trump Derangement Syndrome narrative.

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:36 am

Trump was using more sarcasm this weekend when talking about "Noble" Prizes for reporters. Yes he misspelled it, but there is no Nobel Prize for journalism either. It is laughable that anyone would be concerned about Biden when we have this man in the White House.

So just a reminder; now when Trump makes a complete fool of himself it is "sarcasm". Trump reminds me of a middle school student making excuses when he makes a fool of himself while trying to be a tough guy!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... zes-2020-4

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:36 am
Trump was using more sarcasm this weekend when talking about "Noble" Prizes for reporters. Yes he misspelled it, but there is no Nobel Prize for journalism either. It is laughable that anyone would be concerned about Biden when we have this man in the White House.

So just a reminder; now when Trump makes a complete fool of himself it is "sarcasm". Trump reminds me of a middle school student making excuses when he makes a fool of himself while trying to be a tough guy!

I wont vote for Trump. But I wont vote for Biden either, because a couple years ago Dems told me that I had to #believeAllWomen or else I was a horrible human being, a sexist, a misogynist, and some other -ists I can't recall.
So I can't in good conscience vote for a sexual predator like Biden. And if you ever said "believe all women" during the Kavanaugh hearings then you can't either, or you are the world's biggest hypocrite.

#GaryJohnson2020

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:42 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am
The Butcher wrote:

I wont vote for Trump. But I wont vote for Biden either, because a couple years ago Dems told me that I had to #believeAllWomen or else I was a horrible human being, a sexist, a misogynist, and some other -ists I can't recall.
So I can't in good conscience vote for a sexual predator like Biden. And if you ever said "believe all women" during the Kavanaugh hearings then you can't either, or you are the world's biggest hypocrite.

#GaryJohnson2020
I don't expect my politicians to be saints. I think Joe is slipping, but this old charge while bad was also in a different world. I never cared about Clinton getting laid, I cared when he lied under oath.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 am

allcat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:42 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am
The Butcher wrote:

#GaryJohnson2020
I don't expect my politicians to be saints. I think Joe is slipping, but this old charge while bad was also in a different world. I never cared about Clinton getting laid, I cared when he lied under oath.
I agree it's an old charge. It was even older for Kavanaugh. I'm just tired of the hypocrisy, especially in the media coverage. It's ridiculous and maddening, yet we're basically helpless to do anything about it. I mean CNN is actually taking down videos from the 90s that have corroborating evidence for Tara Reade!!! That is one of the scariest things I've ever seen done by a media source and it should scare us all. Of course if you're a Democrat you probably enjoy having a powerful political ally like the media, but that doesn't make it right.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 am
I agree it's an old charge. It was even older for Kavanaugh. I'm just tired of the hypocrisy, especially in the media coverage. It's ridiculous and maddening, yet we're basically helpless to do anything about it. I mean CNN is actually taking down videos from the 90s that have corroborating evidence for Tara Reade!!! That is one of the scariest things I've ever seen done by a media source and it should scare us all. Of course if you're a Democrat you probably enjoy having a powerful political ally like the media, but that doesn't make it right.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-l ... ara-reade/

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-larry ... ay-catalog

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 am
91catAlum wrote:

Thanks for the Snopes link, I should've snoped it first myself.
However I fully stand by the rest of what I said, and have been saying for years, regarding left media bias.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:03 pm

What a difference a day makes. SMH

technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by technoCat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:03 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:03 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 am
91catAlum wrote:

Thanks for the Snopes link, I should've snoped it first myself.
However I fully stand by the rest of what I said, and have been saying for years, regarding left media bias.
Remember to always read Snopes with a grain of salt. They said "did CNN take it down?". Well of course that's false, they aren't in control of the platform, Google is. I've seen snapshots of it being there one day and not the next and all of the numbers have changed. I'm not going to say Snopes and Google are outright lying because I didn't personally see it and the snapshots could have been doctored but remember that its often very important how these "fact checkers" frame the question so they an give the answer they want.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Well, Independent is obviously a left leaning media source, so they’re probably making that up. I didn’t see anything about that on Fox, so it’s fake news.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 am
wbtfg wrote:

Well, Independent is obviously a left leaning media source, so they’re probably making that up. I didn’t see anything about that on Fox, so it’s fake news.
What's your point, that you honestly believe there is no media bias? If so, I have some questions for you.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:14 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 am
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

What's your point, that you honestly believe there is no media bias? If so, I have some questions for you.
If that’s what you think, then I have some questions for you.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:14 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 am
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

If that’s what you think, then I have some questions for you.
Yes it's what I think, it's not even debatable. I know a lot of democrats who even admit that the media means left.
Fire away.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14