Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Everyone okay over here? Can I get anyone a bourbon?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm
:lol:

I never really ventured to this forum when we had sports but I gotta admit, it may now be my favorite! Never realized just how passionate people were about politics! :shock:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:09 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:49 pm
I posted right away that he had several tweets to Boris Johnson wishing him a speedy corona recovery. I imagine he had more but those ones stand out.
Yes, Trump does wish people that are his “good friend” well.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... nson-video
I didn’t know what his criteria was. He just said he had never seen trump wish anyone positive vibes during the virus. I said I’m certain he probably has a ton considering how much he tweets, but I was CERTAIN he tweeted well wishes to the prime minister.

Had 1aa said the same thing but specified it couldn’t be anyone trump knows or likes than I wouldn’t have said anything because I have no idea. :-k
Trumps going to wish his “friends” well, of course. Do you really think that there was no criteria and that just wishing anyone well made the grade? Trump didn’t wish McCain well. He bashes gold star families. He mocks Hillary when she had pneumonia. But you think he’s going to for sure wish Joe Biden well if he’s got Covid.
Again Tom I don’t know. I try to leave the petty back and forth political stuff to the rest of you. Here is what 1aa said:
I haven't noticed Trump tweeting out any condolences or get well soon sentiment during Covid. Not saying he hasn't but I've yet to see one.
These are his words verbatim. I didn’t change anything or make anything out of them that they weren’t. I just said I remembered him tweeting the prime minister and while I don’t know for sure; the sheer amount the guy tweets leads me to believe he’s probably tweeted others condolences as well.

1aa didn’t say a single word about “friends” or “people he liked”. As I said, if that is what he was looking for I wouldn’t have chimed in as I have no clue who the POTUS is friends with or likes.
This has nothing to do with politics. It’s about being decent to one another. He made a simple observation and admitted he wasn’t sure if it was accurate. I don’t think you said anything wrong and don’t understand why you’re so defensive about this. Cataholic decided to eviscerate him and I calling him out for being unfair, not because I don’t agree with Cataholic’s take, but because I find his tone rude.

We have people making strong, biased political comments in here and this relatively innocuous tweet by iaa is somehow the one being criticized.

Maybe iaa doesn’t care or maybe this was the reaction he was going for. Like I said I’ll wait to see what his reaction is.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:22 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 pm
wbtfg wrote:

I never really ventured to this forum when we had sports but I gotta admit, it may now be my favorite! Never realized just how passionate people were about politics! :shock:
Cool! You can take my place. Enjoy!

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am

wbtfg wrote:
May sound strange but not a real big fan of bourbon on its own but I would take most bourbon barrel Stouts :D :D :D ....

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:41 am

iltc made a clean comment and like he said I didn't specify who Trump was commenting about. I should've been move specific and said adversaries. I don't think iltc was trying to start anything with his reply, but Cataholic, as usual, had to come in with his vitriol toward me and his projecting. Nothing new. He's obviously not going to stop doing that.

This election is in the books from the looks of things. WSJ poll shows Biden up by 14% nationally 53-39. No point in me calling out all of Trump's weaknesses anymore.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:41 am
iltc made a clean comment and like he said I didn't specify who Trump was commenting about. I should've been move specific and said adversaries. I don't think iltc was trying to start anything with his reply, but Cataholic, as usual, had to come in with his vitriol toward me and his projecting. Nothing new. He's obviously not going to stop doing that.

This election is in the books from the looks of things. WSJ poll shows Biden up by 14% nationally 53-39. No point in me calling out all of Trump's weaknesses anymore.
Book marked!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:41 am

Book marked!!!
Book marked!!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

Hopefully the polls are more reliable than they were in 2016. Though I can't see people hating Biden quite as much as they did Clinton so maybe this go around the outcome will be what the polls actually suggest?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
Hopefully the polls are more reliable than they were in 2016. Though I can't see people hating Biden quite as much as they did Clinton so maybe this go around the outcome will be what the polls actually suggest?
That 14 point swing was after the debate (not sure how anyone could still think Trump "won"). The polling was completed before the public knew about Trump getting COVID. I would anticipate that will lower his numbers even further taking in consideration of his disastrous response to the pandemic and how he couldn't even protect himself.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:21 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am
ilovethecats wrote:
That 14 point swing was after the debate (not sure how anyone could still think Trump "won"). The polling was completed before the public knew about Trump getting COVID. I would anticipate that will lower his numbers even further taking in consideration of his disastrous response to the pandemic and how he couldn't even protect himself.
Hey, for all our sakes I hope you're right! Politics are a mess right now and both candidates and parties are garbage. But if Trump wins this board will be unreadable and tv will be unwatchable. And I really like this board and tv. So I'm pulling for you!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:21 am
The Butcher wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Hey, for all our sakes I hope you're right! Politics are a mess right now and both candidates and parties are garbage. But if Trump wins this board will be unreadable and tv will be unwatchable. And I really like this board and tv. So I'm pulling for you!
Not claiming anything is "right" just pointing out information related to the latest polls.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Not claiming anything is "right" just pointing out information related to the latest polls.
Yes I should have specified. 1aa said it's basically a done deal so that comment was mainly for any Biden guy who thinks Trump is already toast.

Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:17 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Yes I should have specified. 1aa said it's basically a done deal so that comment was mainly for any Biden guy who thinks Trump is already toast.

Go Cats Go! FTG www.eatsh!tgrizzlies.com
Blondie! You know what you are? You are a Son of a Bitch!

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:28 pm

https://www.investors.com/news/joe-bide ... tipp-poll/
The new IBD/TIPP Poll was conducted after the Trump-Biden presidential debate on Tuesday night but before the early Friday bombshell that President Trump has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Biden Vs. Trump Election Poll
Biden leads President Trump, 48.6% to 45.9%. Another 1.5% say they'll vote for another candidate, while 4% are not sure who they'll support.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am

I wanted to find a summary of Trump's two wild calls to Fox on 10/8/2020, but couldn't find a good one. Here is a quick breakdown.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics ... index.html
Trump is certainly losing it.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am
I wanted to find a summary of Trump's two wild calls to Fox on 10/8/2020, but couldn't find a good one. Here is a quick breakdown.
This is another great example of the one sided nature of CNN coverage. Every bit of that article was meant to hurt Trump. There was an agenda behind it. It is a very sad state of affairs when our media is focused on a specific outcome for the election. CNN should just label everything as opinion on their site.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am
This is another great example of the one sided nature of CNN coverage. Every bit of that article was meant to hurt Trump. There was an agenda behind it. It is a very sad state of affairs when our media is focused on a specific outcome for the election. CNN should just label everything as opinion on their site.
Exactly! Also... has Butcher ever made a post in this forum that didn't have the word "Trump" in it? :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:30 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:22 pm
Also... has Butcher ever made a post in this forum that didn't have the word "Trump" in it? :lol:
The fourth topic is a poll about COVID that I posted yesterday... I see you put as much research into your comments that you do with TRUMP's disasters presidency. :lol: :wink:

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:30 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:30 pm
catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:22 pm
Also... has Butcher ever made a post in this forum that didn't have the word "Trump" in it? :lol:
The fourth topic is a poll about COVID that I posted yesterday... I see you put as much research into your comments that you do with TRUMP's disasters presidency. :lol: :wink:
I am guessing that thread will not get past page 2 before you blame it on Trump.