Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by The Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:20 pm
Since you think it was so easy, it is amazing that no other administration could get it done.

Qanta Ahmed: As a Muslim, I thank Trump for brokering Israel-UAE-Bahrain agreements and expect more to come

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/israel- ... anta-ahmed
Make no mistake: these are historic developments that now bring the number of Arab nations recognizing Israel to four, following Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994. The fact that President Trump and his senior adviser and son-in-Jared Kushner were able to broker the new agreements is a testament to both their vision and effectiveness.
It's a futile effort. Trump Haters will never, ever recognize that he can do something positive for the country. Ever.
This is almost comical. The CNN coverage of the peace accord at the White House shows just how crazy the left and liberal media have become. Instead of reporting on the historic event, they are upset with the lack of social distancing.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-shame ... peace-deal

And then Pelosi refuses to give Trump credit for the peace accord. I hope people recognize this as categorized below as “sour grapes”.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-ns ... grapes.amp
This is classic “herd mentality.”
😂😂😂😂
Can’t wait for the next town hall meeting!!!

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Since you think it was so easy, it is amazing that no other administration could get it done.

Qanta Ahmed: As a Muslim, I thank Trump for brokering Israel-UAE-Bahrain agreements and expect more to come

Make no mistake: these are historic developments that now bring the number of Arab nations recognizing Israel to four, following Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994. The fact that President Trump and his senior adviser and son-in-Jared Kushner were able to broker the new agreements is a testament to both their vision and effectiveness.
It's a futile effort. Trump Haters will never, ever recognize that he can do something positive for the country. Ever.
This is almost comical. The CNN coverage of the peace accord at the White House shows just how crazy the left and liberal media have become. Instead of reporting on the historic event, they are upset with the lack of social distancing.

And then Pelosi refuses to give Trump credit for the peace accord. I hope people recognize this as categorized below as “sour grapes”.

😂😂😂😂
Sounds like you have sour grapes as well. Your comment shows how weak your position is.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

😂😂😂😂
Sounds like you have sour grapes as well. Your comment shows how weak your position is.
I see your point. If I go to a restaurant and the food is bad, the service is bad, the atmosphere is bad, but the silverware, I tell my friends, “well, the food sucked, the service sucked and the atmosphere sucked, but the silverware was clean.” I mean I do acknowledge something good. Some people, however, only notice the one bad thing, so it just depends on the person. I often ask, when someone is complaining about something, was anything good?

I feel like Trump has been such a missed opportunity. I wish he would’ve been more uniting because I think he could’ve been awesome at that. He could’ve combined his goofy/unique ways with some humility and an ability to listen to his advisers, and really captured the American people. When people like him show understanding and kindness it’s a powerful thing. He used an angry, divisive tone from the beginning and saw how well the base liked it and never steered away. So I don’t completely blame him for how things have gone. He’s had plenty of support for that.

If he came out and vowed to change, I’d probably vote for him again. He’s got such great potential.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:34 am

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm
She blinded me with science.

Hoo boy
Science is for losers. Those scientists should join the army!
Science also says there are two genders.
Which science are we supposed to believe? Its a struggle to keep up with what scientist is correct or believable.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

😂😂😂😂
I see your point. If I go to a restaurant and the food is bad, the service is bad, the atmosphere is bad, but the silverware, I tell my friends, “well, the food sucked, the service sucked and the atmosphere sucked, but the silverware was clean.” I mean I do acknowledge something good. Some people, however, only notice the one bad thing, so it just depends on the person. I often ask, when someone is complaining about something, was anything good?

I feel like Trump has been such a missed opportunity. I wish he would’ve been more uniting because I think he could’ve been awesome at that. He could’ve combined his goofy/unique ways with some humility and an ability to listen to his advisers, and really captured the American people. When people like him show understanding and kindness it’s a powerful thing. He used an angry, divisive tone from the beginning and saw how well the base liked it and never steered away. So I don’t completely blame him for how things have gone. He’s had plenty of support for that.

If he came out and vowed to change, I’d probably vote for him again. He’s got such great potential.
I think the “sour grapes” mentality is more than just being focused on the negative. There is a section of the country that wants to see Trump fail at any cost. For example, if this was Obama negotiating this peace accord, do you think the media would have covered it differently? I expect that there would be very few naysayers. Another example is the Obama - Cuba dealings. If there was a Trump - Cuba deal, Trump would be portrayed as courting villains.

I do wish Trump would change his ways. Sometimes he seems to understand what being presidential means, and other times he is the used car salesman. It drives me crazy at times.

I agree that Trump has had an angry divisive tone at times, but I don’t think that is all his doing. Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and many Democrats have created an antagonistic relationship. How many times have the Dems tried to have Trump run out of town? And with Trumps personality, he doesn’t turn his back on those conflicts. He responds to those adversaries with equal ferocity which only makes the situation worse. Very sad. I wish there was a “restart” button.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

😂😂😂😂

I think the “sour grapes” mentality is more than just being focused on the negative. There is a section of the country that wants to see Trump fail at any cost. For example, if this was Obama negotiating this peace accord, do you think the media would have covered it differently? I expect that there would be very few naysayers. Another example is the Obama - Cuba dealings. If there was a Trump - Cuba deal, Trump would be portrayed as courting villains.

I do wish Trump would change his ways. Sometimes he seems to understand what being presidential means, and other times he is the used car salesman. It drives me crazy at times.

I agree that Trump has had an angry divisive tone at times, but I don’t think that is all his doing. Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and many Democrats have created an antagonistic relationship. How many times have the Dems tried to have Trump run out of town? And with Trumps personality, he doesn’t turn his back on those conflicts. He responds to those adversaries with equal ferocity which only makes the situation worse. Very sad. I wish there was a “restart” button.
You're right in everything you posted above. There are definitely some people that want Trump to fail at all costs. That's evident right here on our own little message board. But it's nothing new. There were people on the other side of the coin wanting the exact same for Obama. Some more extreme than others, just like some are more extreme than others when it comes to Trump. It's annoying and very frustrating. But it's been going on forever and until the PEOPLE decide to change, nothing will happen. If we're waiting for the media or politicians themselves to change we may as well just give up and stop paying attention. ](*,)

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 am
You're right in everything you posted above. There are definitely some people that want Trump to fail at all costs. That's evident right here on our own little message board. But it's nothing new. There were people on the other side of the coin wanting the exact same for Obama. Some more extreme than others, just like some are more extreme than others when it comes to Trump. It's annoying and very frustrating. But it's been going on forever and until the PEOPLE decide to change, nothing will happen. If we're waiting for the media or politicians themselves to change we may as well just give up and stop paying attention. ](*,)
My comment was tongue in cheek keeping in mind the title of this thread.

In response to your post, I do not want Trump to "fail at all costs". That is a ridiculous statement. Pointing out Trump's continual lies, unethical actions, poor judgement, etc. certainly does not interpret to wanting failure for our country. However, I will continue to point out Trump's catastrophes even when people think it is "fake news" or bias when the evidence is so damning that it is preposterous to think Trump isn’t failing our country. I can understand how people want to celebrate Trump’s little victories because there are such enormous losses that you will take any glimmer of light, but that is exactly the problem people lose site of the big picture. Trump has mishandled the economy, the pandemic, our stance in the world, race relations, and on and on… And to your point, Trump will not change, so he must be voted out. Opening people’s eyes to Trump’s failures is exactly how you vote the man out of office. My disdain of the POTUS has nothing to do with who he is, it has everything to do with how he has mishandled our country and threatened our democracy.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 am
ilovethecats wrote:

In response to your post, I do not want Trump to "fail at all costs". That is a ridiculous statement. Pointing out Trump's continual lies, unethical actions, poor judgement, etc. certainly does not interpret to wanting failure for our country. However, I will continue to point out Trump's catastrophes even when people think it is "fake news" or bias when the evidence is so damning that it is preposterous to think Trump isn’t failing our country. I can understand how people want to celebrate Trump’s little victories because there are such enormous losses that you will take any glimmer of light, but that is exactly the problem people lose site of the big picture. Trump has mishandled the economy, the pandemic, our stance in the world, race relations, and on and on… And to your point, Trump will not change, so he must be voted out. Opening people’s eyes to Trump’s failures is exactly how you vote the man out of office. My disdain of the POTUS has nothing to do with who he is, it has everything to do with how he has mishandled our country and threatened our democracy.
I was going to say exactly what you both just said. People, including congresspersons, from the right wanted Obama to fail and did what they could to make him fail. Moscow Mitch didn't let Obama fill a supreme court seat. So now that's a precedence.

There are people on the left that wanted Trump to fail, but I did not want Trump to fail. Not only that, but I recall many left wing pundits saying the same thing. Disappointed that Clinton didn't win, but definitely wanted to Trump succeed.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 am
ilovethecats wrote:

It is not a ridiculous statement at all because I wasn't talking about you specifically. But it's most definitely true and it was most definitely true in regards to Obama as well. And as I said, some were more extreme than others. It's not like ALL people thought Obama was a Muslin terrorist....but some sure suggested it. But there was certainly a huge group of people in this country convinced he was the worst president that we have ever had in our history and there was nothing he was able to do to change their minds. That's why many of those people are still saying the same thing today. Now it's just the other side that gets to do the same thing to a different president.

If some of you don't believe that both sides and their followers don't do the EXACT same thing to one another I don't know what to tell you. But it's like clockwork.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-top ... for-all-25

You're right that there are always people who want a president to fail. Above is a list of the top 25. Seems to be split fairly evenly between the parties. Trump wasn't surveyed. Of recent presidents, not surprisingly, W., Nixon, and Carter didn't make it.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Every time Biden speaks, it is like watching a train wreck in progress.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/johnny ... sd-vet.amp
“It’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard a presidential candidate say about men and women serving,” Jones said reacting to Biden’s story.

He pointed out that when President Trump ran for office there were “a few things I didn’t like a well” but stressed that what he heard Biden say Tuesday was “the worst thing,” which “undid 10 years of work in the military nonprofit mental health community of actually removing a stigma.”

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm

“It’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard a presidential candidate say about men and women serving,” Jones said reacting to Biden’s story.

He pointed out that when President Trump ran for office there were “a few things I didn’t like a well” but stressed that what he heard Biden say Tuesday was “the worst thing,” which “undid 10 years of work in the military nonprofit mental health community of actually removing a stigma.”
This is an opinion from a retired military veteran with no factual information presented (only opinions). So I would suggest take it for what it is worth.

I wonder how he feels about Trump calling Americans who died in war are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 am

This is an opinion from a retired military veteran with no factual information presented (only opinions). So I would suggest take it for what it is worth.

I wonder how he feels about Trump calling Americans who died in war are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’?
Let me get this straight: Biden told a story about a person suffering from PTSD that killed someone and is using the story to bring the mental health of our soldiers to the forefront. That's bad how? Was the story too graphic or what? He's giving an example of why we need increased care for our veterans in terms of mental health. I would think everyone wants that. What am I missing?

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am
The Butcher wrote:

Let me get this straight: Biden told a story about a person suffering from PTSD that killed someone and is using the story to bring the mental health of our soldiers to the forefront. That's bad how? Was the story too graphic or what? He's giving an example of why we need increased care for our veterans in terms of mental health. I would think everyone wants that. What am I missing?
Did you watch the video? If that is trying to bring attention to a problem, he was not very effective! Are you a veteran who lost two limbs in service like the guy in the video? I will take his word over yours.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 am

The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

A retired military veteran who lost two limbs in service. Yes, I will take his word over yours. I think he has a lot more experience with the issues than you.

And the Losers and Suckers quote has been cited as non-factual by over 20 witnesses. Amazing that you quote it is as factual, but you won’t believe the experience of a disabled war vet.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:43 am

Joe does sound a tad off his rocker:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

A retired military veteran who lost two limbs in service. Yes, I will take his word over yours. I think he has a lot more experience with the issues than you.

And the Losers and Suckers quote has been cited as non-factual by over 20 witnesses. Amazing that you quote it is as factual, but you won’t believe the experience of a disabled war vet.
And didn't Trump sign a bill that is going to be a very good thing for the veterans?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am
The Butcher wrote:

Did you watch the video? If that is trying to bring attention to a problem, he was not very effective! Are you a veteran who lost two limbs in service like the guy in the video? I will take his word over yours.
Yes, I watched the video. Did you? I mean hear with go again with these insulting, harassing questions. Again, if you can't not do that, then maybe you should find someone else to harass.

You can have the opinion that you don't think he told the story very well, (Fox cut it up so much in order to make it look as bad as possible and lose as much context as possible, as they usually do), but do you actually think he was telling the story to make veterans look like bad people, because when they return home from a war with PTSD they go around killing people randomly? Do you honestly think Biden was saying that just because you have PTSD, you should still be able to control yourself and if you can't then you're an evil, bad person? (I'm asking you these inane questions, because I want to give you a taste of your own medicine. No, I don't think you're that stupid to think anything remotely close to that.

I do feel bad for the veteran being interviewed for what he's gone through, and his opinion on this does matter more than anyone other than people in the same situation he's in. We do need to listen to these guys whether we agree with them or not. I'm actually glad he came forward, because it shows the sensitivity of the matter and because of that we can all learn how to better deal with this. Biden may have had a poor tone, but I honestly believe he was telling the story as an example of how messed up people can get in wars and that we need to do more to identify their war-caused disorders.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:57 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

And didn't Trump sign a bill that is going to be a very good thing for the veterans?
Yes, just like practically every president the past 80 years. He's also taking credit for bills passed by other presidents.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... nder-obama

It's hard to give someone credit when they do so much crappy stuff.