Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am

DO NOT watch this if you’re a Trump supporter.
I case you were not aware, John Bolton is not a fan of Trump. He was in France with Trump during that trip. He completely debunks the Atlantic article.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -in-france

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm
iaafan wrote:

I case you were not aware, John Bolton is not a fan of Trump. He was in France with Trump during that trip. He completely debunks the Atlantic article.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -insult-fa Qllen-soldiers-in-france
This has been debunked. But since it is Trump it will make no difference. Now if it were biden they would just say it is joe being joe.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm
iaafan wrote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -in-france
I think we must have different interpretations of what "completely debunks" means.

"I haven't heard anybody yet react to say, 'That's not the Donald Trump I know.'" Bolton also told Bloomberg it's "it's certainly possible" Trump made the comments "later in the day."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Yeah, Trump would never say anything like that.
In 2015, shortly after he had officially entered the 2016 Republican presidential race, Trump said this of the late Arizona Sen. John McCain: "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured." McCain was shot down and kept captive by the North Vietnamese for more than five years. The wounds he suffered as a result of the torture he endured during his captivity left him unable to raise his arms over his head -- among other maladies -- for the rest of his life.

In the wake of Gold Star father Khizr Khan's speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2016 -- in which Khan suggested Trump had never sacrificed anything in life -- the billionaire businessman suggested that Hillary Clinton's speechwriters had actually written the speech and that Khan's wife, who stood silently by her husband, was not allowed to speak. As for Khan's claim that Trump had never sacrificed, the Republican nominee responded this way: "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures."

Following the death of US Army Sgt. La David Johnson in Niger in 2017, the slain soldier's wife (and a Florida Democratic congresswoman) said that Trump had told her on a phone call that her husband "knew what he had signed up for." Trump denied the claim.

Last fall, Trump referred to his former Secretary of Defense James Mattis, a highly decorated Marine, as "the world's most overrated general."

While campaigning in Iowa in November 2015, Trump said, "I know more about ISIS than the generals do."
Trump now saying John Kelly is the source.
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Oh yeah, it's debunked alright!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Sounds great Donald.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:47 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:53 pm

More unidentified sources and former staff members. They could have been the same sources the Atlantic was using! And a lot of personnel today said that moving via road was a security risk and not recommended. Of course you don’t want to listen to Trump hater John Bolton who was there. He said that if Trump said that, it would have went into his book!

It is interesting though how you guys said everything on Fox News is not accurate. Now you think it is infallible! That is hilarious!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:47 pm
iaafan wrote:

More unidentified sources and former staff members. They could have been the same sources the Atlantic was using! And a lot of personnel today said that moving via road was a security risk and not recommended. Of course you don’t want to listen to Trump hater John Bolton who was there. He said that if Trump said that, it would have went into his book!

It is interesting though how you guys said everything on Fox News is not accurate. Now you think it is infallible! That is hilarious!!!
Just as interesting as you saying everything Bolton’s book said was BS, but now he’s a debunker. I didn’t wanna be condescending earlier and point that out, but you leave me no choice. Hilarious indeed.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:57 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:58 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:47 pm
Yeah, Trump would never say anything like that.
In 2015, shortly after he had officially entered the 2016 Republican presidential race, Trump said this of the late Arizona Sen. John McCain: "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured." McCain was shot down and kept captive by the North Vietnamese for more than five years. The wounds he suffered as a result of the torture he endured during his captivity left him unable to raise his arms over his head -- among other maladies -- for the rest of his life.

In the wake of Gold Star father Khizr Khan's speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2016 -- in which Khan suggested Trump had never sacrificed anything in life -- the billionaire businessman suggested that Hillary Clinton's speechwriters had actually written the speech and that Khan's wife, who stood silently by her husband, was not allowed to speak. As for Khan's claim that Trump had never sacrificed, the Republican nominee responded this way: "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures."

Following the death of US Army Sgt. La David Johnson in Niger in 2017, the slain soldier's wife (and a Florida Democratic congresswoman) said that Trump had told her on a phone call that her husband "knew what he had signed up for." Trump denied the claim.

Last fall, Trump referred to his former Secretary of Defense James Mattis, a highly decorated Marine, as "the world's most overrated general."

While campaigning in Iowa in November 2015, Trump said, "I know more about ISIS than the generals do."
Trump now saying John Kelly is the source.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:02 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Trump claims he "called home, I spoke to my wife and I said 'I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.' And to the one that was the following day which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it."

Facts First: Melania Trump was on the same trip with the President and was scheduled to attend the cemetery visit. She was not in the US.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Just as interesting as you saying everything Bolton’s book said was BS, but now he’s a debunker. I didn’t wanna be condescending earlier and point that out, but you leave me no choice. Hilarious indeed.
Quit making stuff up. I don’t know what Bolton said in his book so I highly doubt that I said everything was BS. I probably said that Bolton was a disgruntled former employee who had a less than amicable separation. If anything, that lends credibility to the fact that he would have put it in his book if it happened. But given your level of TDS, you can’t even consider the fact that maybe it didn’t happen. More than 11 officials that were on that trip have publicly stated that it did not happen. Compare that to the anonymous sources that you keep quoting...

And you are always condescending.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:30 am

It’s like he knew.....

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Quit making stuff up. I don’t know what Bolton said in his book so I highly doubt that I said everything was BS. I probably said that Bolton was a disgruntled former employee who had a less than amicable separation. If anything, that lends credibility to the fact that he would have put it in his book if it happened. But given your level of TDS, you can’t even consider the fact that maybe it didn’t happen. More than 11 officials that were on that trip have publicly stated that it did not happen. Compare that to the anonymous sources that you keep quoting...

And you are always condescending.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ources-say

From the article:
"Marine One's crew was saying that bad visibility could make it imprudent to chopper to the cemetery," Bolton wrote. "The ceiling was not too low for Marines to fly in combat, but flying POTUS was obviously something very different. If a motorcade were necessary, it could take between ninety and a hundred and twenty minutes each way, along roads that were not exactly freeways, posing an unacceptable risk that we could not get the President out of France quickly enough in case of an emergency. It was a straightforward decision to cancel the visit..."

Sources told Fox News the decision not to go to the cemetery was made by chief of staff John Kelly and his aide Zach Fuentes. Bolton further wrote that Kelly was the one who recommended the move, saying it was quite difficult for him to do because he is a Marine himself.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 am

Young guy saying stupid sh1t

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Breaks my heart. I’ll say an extra pray for all the Trump family tonight.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am

Whitehouse press secretary says Obama and Biden promised a vaccine? Uhhhhhhh. Wut?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am
Whitehouse press secretary says Obama and Biden promised a vaccine? Uhhhhhhh. Wut?

And his followers buy it. Every. Single. Time.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Even people who worked closely with Biden during the Obama administration believe Biden has diminished mental capacity:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-bi ... hite-house