Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by coachouert » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:05 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:50 am
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:01 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:13 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 am

LAW AND ORDER!!!!
Did you even watch the video? William Barr then explained that Trump was just using an example to make a point. He wasn’t actually telling people to vote twice.

Of course you didn’t catch the part about the bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III. It concluded that mail in voting is a major source of fraud. You should watch the whole video.
It concluded it is a RISK. It did not conclude it was a major source, it concluded it was a RISK. At no point did it say it was a major source of fraud.

From the article and a direct quote from Barr:
Asked about the comments in a CNN interview, Attorney General William Barr did not respond directly and said he was not aware of specific North Carolina laws on voter fraud. However, he claimed a 2005 bipartisan election reform report indicated mail-in balloting is “fraught with the risk of fraud and coercion.”
Hmmm... “Major source of risk” versus “fraught with the risk of fraud and coercion”.
"Major source of fraud" versus "fraught with the risk of fraud and coercion." Read what you wrote and how you are trying to spin it.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Is this true? I can’t imagine it is but I couldn’t fts fact check on it.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:51 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”
Last edited by wbtfg on Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

I believe you have discounted the authenticity of certain articles because they were written by conservative publications or authors. How come you give the left leaning Atlantic and Democratic liberal author Jeffrey Goldberg special consideration for this article?

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 pm

This is the best that the Democrats can come up with? Another gaffe but he will get a pass from the mainstream media.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ip-kenosha

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:15 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

I believe you have discounted the authenticity of certain articles because they were written by conservative publications or authors. How come you give the left leaning Atlantic and Democratic liberal author Jeffrey Goldberg special consideration for this article?
This report from former Marine and current investigative reporter for the AP. Not that it matters....

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:29 am

Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I literally asked if it’s true? And said I tried to fact check it. You’ve got TCDS!! :wink:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:35 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 pm
This is the best that the Democrats can come up with? Another gaffe but he will get a pass from the mainstream media.

They’ll shoot me vs I’ll shoot someone. Yes, quite a choice. Oh well, aren’t we lucky to live in Montana where our votes for president matter extremely little. Our three electoral votes will go to Trump, but won’t make a difference.

toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:37 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:35 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 pm

They’ll shoot me vs I’ll shoot someone. Yes, quite a choice. Oh well, aren’t we lucky to live in Montana where our votes for president matter extremely little. Our three electoral votes will go to Trump, but won’t make a difference.
He was at a gathering in honor of a person who was just shot. The featured attendee in Biden rambles and says “they’ll shoot me” if he doesn’t quit talking. If you don’t consider that a faux pas, then you are not being subjective.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:29 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I literally asked if it’s true? And said I tried to fact check it. You’ve got TCDS!! :wink:
You don’t see how you treated this differently? Somebody posts something from a conservative source and you regularly refute it. Yet in this instance, clearly a liberal left source, you are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by posting it. You provided a little disclaimer, but this garbage is not fact. It is hearsay by a bunch of liberal left wing or disgruntled people.

Now I have said that Trump is flawed and a very shallow person. I truly hope he did not say this crap. I would be extremely disgusted with him.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

You don’t see how you treated this differently? Somebody posts something from a conservative source and you regularly refute it. Yet in this instance, clearly a liberal left source, you are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by posting it. You provided a little disclaimer, but this garbage is not fact. It is hearsay by a bunch of liberal left wing or disgruntled people.

Now I have said that Trump is flawed and a very shallow person. I truly hope he did not say this crap. I would be extremely disgusted with him.
Here's how The Atlantic rates on mediabiasfactcheck.com
Both The Atlantic Magazine and web publication produce quality journalism that utilizes moderately loaded wording that typically favors the left: This Is the Moment of Truth for Republicans. All news stories on The Atlantic are properly sourced to factual information and usually present a reasonable balance on issues. Editorially, The Atlantic takes a Left-Center position on most issues and has long endorsed Democratic candidates.

A factual search reveals The Atlantic has never failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker.

Overall, we rate The Atlantic Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing of information.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:23 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Both The Atlantic Magazine and web publication produce quality journalism that utilizes moderately loaded wording that typically favors the left: This Is the Moment of Truth for Republicans. All news stories on The Atlantic are properly sourced to factual information and usually present a reasonable balance on issues. Editorially, The Atlantic takes a Left-Center position on most issues and has long endorsed Democratic candidates.

A factual search reveals The Atlantic has never failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker.

Overall, we rate The Atlantic Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing of information.
Don’t even try to paint The Atlantic as a moderate news organization. They are a left liberal publication. The editor who wrote the story has never denied it. He actually fired a writer for his stance on abortion.

Regardless, this article only uses “anonymous” sources. Trump and Pompeo have vigorously denied this article. Given the timing of the article with the election (versus any opportunity in the past couple years) has raised additional scrutiny. There has been a calling for the sources to come forward.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mike-p ... him-say-it

By the way, just watching Fox News (yes they are conservative) this morning and the reporter was in France for this trip. He said nothing ever came up during the trip that he was aware of. He also said in regard to the incident where “Trump didn’t want to mess up his hair” seems particularly questionable. According to him, the very next day a similar ceremony was held at a cemetery OUTDOORS in the rain, and Trump was in attendance.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:27 am

Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Wow. Just wow. You’re being incredibly myopic. He stated he “can’t imagine it is” which literally is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Whenever he refutes a conservative source he either fact checks it or gives his rationale, which is always sound.

You, on the other hand, are consistently on the wrong side of these things for simply not fact checking or siting some extreme right source.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:30 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:23 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Don’t even try to paint The Atlantic as a moderate news organization. They are a left liberal publication. The editor who wrote the story has never denied it. He actually fired a writer for his stance on abortion.

Regardless, this article only uses “anonymous” sources. Trump and Pompeo have vigorously denied this article. Given the timing of the article with the election (versus any opportunity in the past couple years) has raised additional scrutiny. There has been a calling for the sources to come forward.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mike-p ... him-say-it

By the way, just watching Fox News (yes they are conservative) this morning and the reporter was in France for this trip. He said nothing ever came up during the trip that he was aware of. He also said in regard to the incident where “Trump didn’t want to mess up his hair” seems particularly questionable. According to him, the very next day a similar ceremony was held at a cemetery OUTDOORS in the rain, and Trump was in attendance.
Just because a publication is left or right doesn’t mean it isn’t factual. I could care less who’s talking, the important thing is they tell the truth.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:27 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Wow. Just wow. You’re being incredibly myopic. He stated he “can’t imagine it is” which literally is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Whenever he refutes a conservative source he either fact checks it or gives his rationale, which is always sound.

You, on the other hand, are consistently on the wrong side of these things for simply not fact checking or siting some extreme right source.
Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh! What extreme right source have I been citing? (Or did you really mean I was siting?)

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am

Pinch Sulzberger would always demand at least TWO corroborated reports before publishing. After that went out the door the nyt became a great birdcage liner...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:15 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:27 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh! What extreme right source have I been citing? (Or did you really mean I was siting?)
Steve Moore for one.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am

DO NOT watch this if you’re a Trump supporter.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am