Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”

“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.

“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?
Biden only started telling that lie 20+ years ago. In actuality, Biden has a propensity to tell the same lies OVER AND OVER. Here is an article that sheds the light on some of his lies.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-bide ... -reporting
Biden owned up to it. How often does Trump do that?
In his 2007 autobiography "Promises to Keep," Biden addressed his comments on the 1988 campaign trail. He said he lost his temper because he was getting sick with the flu, and "it sounded to me as if one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence."

"At a small campaign event in Claremont, N.H., I lost it. I shouldn’t have been there in the first place," Biden wrote. "I didn’t feel any better afterward; what I’d said was a quick and stupid rant that I wished I’d never said. Worse than that, without realizing it I’d exaggerated my academic record."

"Thank God, I thought as I left the event, there weren’t many people in the room to see my outburst."
I am not a Trump apologist and agree he says some dumb things. However, the left will attack Trump for lying yet give a pass to Biden (or any wide assortment of Dem characters such as Pelosi). Did you read the article above? Biden has a history of bending the truth. According to your reasoning above, if you apologize once in awhile, it is okay to lie regularly.
I didn't say it was OK. I asked how often does Trump do that. I was comparing Biden to Trump. I don't think Democrats or Republicans give their politicians a pass. I've seen lots of republicans hammer on Trump. This even occurs on Fox News. I also see Dems running their own party members out of congress and almost everyone on the left hammered on Anthony Weiner and Bagdoyivich (sp?), among others. Al Franken was forced to resign. Nixon was forced to resign by Republican congressmen.

Anyway, does Trump ever own his mistakes? I'm sure he has at some point. Not on the Central Park Five or Obama's birth certificate, but there has to have been something that Trumped has owned. Anyone know?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu May 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Herd immunity in Sweden results, but probably too early to tell IMO.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/health/s ... index.html

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”

“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.

“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?
Biden only started telling that lie 20+ years ago. In actuality, Biden has a propensity to tell the same lies OVER AND OVER. Here is an article that sheds the light on some of his lies.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-bide ... -reporting
Biden owned up to it. How often does Trump do that?
In his 2007 autobiography "Promises to Keep," Biden addressed his comments on the 1988 campaign trail. He said he lost his temper because he was getting sick with the flu, and "it sounded to me as if one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence."

"At a small campaign event in Claremont, N.H., I lost it. I shouldn’t have been there in the first place," Biden wrote. "I didn’t feel any better afterward; what I’d said was a quick and stupid rant that I wished I’d never said. Worse than that, without realizing it I’d exaggerated my academic record."

"Thank God, I thought as I left the event, there weren’t many people in the room to see my outburst."
I am not a Trump apologist and agree he says some dumb things. However, the left will attack Trump for lying yet give a pass to Biden (or any wide assortment of Dem characters such as Pelosi). Did you read the article above? Biden has a history of bending the truth. According to your reasoning above, if you apologize once in awhile, it is okay to lie regularly.
I didn't say it was OK. I asked how often does Trump do that. I was comparing Biden to Trump. I don't think Democrats or Republicans give their politicians a pass. I've seen lots of republicans hammer on Trump. This even occurs on Fox News. I also see Dems running their own party members out of congress and almost everyone on the left hammered on Anthony Weiner and Bagdoyivich (sp?), among others. Al Franken was forced to resign. Nixon was forced to resign by Republican congressmen.

Anyway, does Trump ever own his mistakes? I'm sure he has at some point. Not on the Central Park Five or Obama's birth certificate, but there has to have been something that Trumped has owned. Anyone know?
I doubt it. I mean he couldn't even admit he spelled "coffee" wrong when he tweeeted something about "covfefe"! I don't remember the details on that to be honest, but thats one thing that drives me insane about the guy.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Michigan’s man of the year has all the best words. SMDH

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 am

Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 22, 2020 7:17 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 am
Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff."

Not sure you care, but your opinions would carry a lot more weight if you occasionally posted something dumb that a Democrat said, instead of appearing to be one of those partisan people who believe it only happens in the "other" political party.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:17 am
wbtfg wrote:

Not sure you care, but your opinions would carry a lot more weight if you occasionally posted something dumb that a Democrat said, instead of appearing to be one of those partisan people who believe it only happens in the "other" political party.
I just figured you, rickrund, allcat, codecat, catabolic, 2506, etc. had that covered. I just figured I’d stay in my lane.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 am
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I just figured you, rickrund, allcat, codecat, catabolic, 2506, etc. had that covered. I just figured I’d stay in my lane.
Fair enough. But I do call out Trump all the time.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Here you go, 91. This one's for you... :)

"If you have a problem figuring out if you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." -JB

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 am

It's funny how Howard Dean getting too excited and screaming BYAAAA pretty much ruined the nomination for him. Romney's Binders Full of Women line certainly didn't help him win.

Yet here in 2020 I don't think either one of those would make even a blip in any media.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 am
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

"If you have a problem figuring out if you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." -JB
Here is a little more context. Amazing that we don’t have any better candidates to consider.

https://apple.news/AEh-V1XGyTFONYQz7Hf_uQQ

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Here is a little more context. Amazing that we don’t have any better candidates to consider.

https://apple.news/AEh-V1XGyTFONYQz7Hf_uQQ

Joe apologized. It's all good now. Carry on.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Haha thanks, I like it!

Honestly, I cannot wait for the debates between these two brilliantly eloquent candidates... It's gonna be must-see TV!!

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun May 24, 2020 6:56 am

Now he’s pushing murder conspiracy theories.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun May 24, 2020 4:06 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:56 am

He will stay in the front of the news feeds with this. He is stuck in your head. No press is bad press. Keep us informed.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Sun May 24, 2020 4:11 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:06 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:56 am

He will stay in the front of the news feeds with this. He is stuck in your head. No press is bad press. Keep us informed.
Joe apologized. It's all good now. Carry on.