Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 am

This is a great article on the way the White House Press corps has been with Trump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patriciagb ... ent-trump/



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6153
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by catatac » Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am

"press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments."

Do you have a link to this quote? I don't remember her saying that, would be curious to see how she phrased that.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Wed May 13, 2020 11:23 am

catatac wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am
"press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments."

Do you have a link to this quote? I don't remember her saying that, would be curious to see how she phrased that.
https://people.com/politics/new-white-h ... zed-trump/

She bad-mouthed him throughout the 2016 campaign when she worked for CNN. Her excuse now is that she was misled by CNN. She's a Harvard graduate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics ... index.html



arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by arvcat2 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:23 am
catatac wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am
"press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments."

Do you have a link to this quote? I don't remember her saying that, would be curious to see how she phrased that.
https://people.com/politics/new-white-h ... zed-trump/

She bad-mouthed him throughout the 2016 campaign when she worked for CNN. Her excuse now is that she was misled by CNN. She's a Harvard graduate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics ... index.html
iaafan (Matcat77), and where on the political bias scale do CNN & People fall? Hint: Look them up in your own link & source you posted today over on the Russia thread.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 77matcat » Thu May 14, 2020 7:42 am

My option regarding 45’s racism doesn’t come from one or two recent columns. He’s been in the press since the early 80’s when he made Forbe’s Original list of wealthy people. From written and video press to Howard Stearn He’s had plenty of exposure to allow folks to form an opinion.

Mine is he’s a racist unless it’s convenient/valuable for him not to be.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:23 am
catatac wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am
"press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments."

Do you have a link to this quote? I don't remember her saying that, would be curious to see how she phrased that.
https://people.com/politics/new-white-h ... zed-trump/

She bad-mouthed him throughout the 2016 campaign when she worked for CNN. Her excuse now is that she was misled by CNN. She's a Harvard graduate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics ... index.html
iaafan (Matcat77), and where on the political bias scale do CNN & People fall? Hint: Look them up in your own link & source you posted today over on the Russia thread.
Yes, they're both too left leaning, but for this particular matter about McEnany they were delivering factual information. Fox and Brietbart also deliver factual information. However both are further right than CNN is left. I see they have ABC, CBS, and NBC as slightly left leaning, but I would contend that having to constantly report on the bat-chit crazy things the politicians on the right do does more to give that impression than any true bias. The rightside politicians do this because their base buys it of which Trump is an extreme example. Fox News even questions republican politicians at times and when they do Trump goes after them and that leads his followers to do the same.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 am

77matcat wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:42 am
My option regarding 45’s racism doesn’t come from one or two recent columns. He’s been in the press since the early 80’s when he made Forbe’s Original list of wealthy people. From written and video press to Howard Stearn He’s had plenty of exposure to allow folks to form an opinion.

Mine is he’s a racist unless it’s convenient/valuable for him not to be.
That's even worse.



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by The Butcher » Thu May 14, 2020 9:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 am
77matcat wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:42 am
My option regarding 45’s racism doesn’t come from one or two recent columns. He’s been in the press since the early 80’s when he made Forbe’s Original list of wealthy people. From written and video press to Howard Stearn He’s had plenty of exposure to allow folks to form an opinion.

Mine is he’s a racist unless it’s convenient/valuable for him not to be.
That's even worse.
I think Trump's open racism plays to his base very well. Without his gas-lighting with the use of racism his popularity would drop around 20%-25%.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:19 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 am
77matcat wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:42 am
My option regarding 45’s racism doesn’t come from one or two recent columns. He’s been in the press since the early 80’s when he made Forbe’s Original list of wealthy people. From written and video press to Howard Stearn He’s had plenty of exposure to allow folks to form an opinion.

Mine is he’s a racist unless it’s convenient/valuable for him not to be.
That's even worse.
I think Trump's open racism plays to his base very well. Without his gas-lighting with the use of racism his popularity would drop around 20%-25%.
That is an idiotic statement with zero basis. Did you ever think that Trump’s dumb moments have alienated a section of the Republican Party? And to claim that 20% of his support is because he is a racist is pure stupidity. Did you just pull that number out of your ass?

It is amazing that Clinton has the exact same thoughts on border protection and illegal immigrants, but he was never considered a racist like Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ts/601579/

Do you think Joe Biden is a racist? He actually pushed legislative policies that hurt African Americans, yet you give him a pass? Just do a google search on “Biden racism”. Lots to choose from. Here is one that covers multiple DOCUMENTED incidents:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/201 ... ained.html

Recently, Joe Biden suggested that blacks don’t know how to raise children during a 2019 debate, and the media largely ignored his racist response:

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/13/joe ... e-slavery/

Barack Obama welcomed Cuba to do business with the US despite Castro’s long history of human oppresssion. Despite that, I don’t think Obama has a poor record on human rights.

Despite each persons stupid moments, I don’t think either Trump or Biden are racists. However, they could benefit from some sensitivity training.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm

“[Doctors and nurses] are running into death just like soldiers run into bullets ... it’s a beautiful thing to see.” -DJT



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm
“[Doctors and nurses] are running into death just like soldiers run into bullets ... it’s a beautiful thing to see.” -DJT
I think we can all agree the two Presidential candidates say a whole bunch of stupid things. Whether it is not being prepared or just not knowing true facts both of these guys have issues with the truth/facts.

I know some of you hate foxnews, but check out Biden's interview. He says "85,000 jobs have been lost" and then maybe says "billions of people" or "millions of people" have been infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... oronavirus


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Fri May 15, 2020 9:08 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm
“[Doctors and nurses] are running into death just like soldiers run into bullets ... it’s a beautiful thing to see.” -DJT
I think we can all agree the two Presidential candidates say a whole bunch of stupid things. Whether it is not being prepared or just not knowing true facts both of these guys have issues with the truth/facts.

I know some of you hate foxnews, but check out Biden's interview. He says "85,000 jobs have been lost" and then maybe says "billions of people" or "millions of people" have been infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... oronavirus
I would say Biden and Trump mix up their facts from time to time. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan did that too. We all do. I call my kids by their siblings names all the time. Same with my dogs. I bet you do something like that, too. I don't have a problem with those kinds of mistakes. I don't consider it stupid. And it isn't the same as giving a well-rehearsed bit of misinformation, which is truly wrong. Or prefacing what you say with something like, "I'm an expert in that field and I can tell you that this is a fact..." to persuade people. But then be proven wrong.

The example above is just Trump speaking in a Trumpese, not literal, way. He tends to bounce all over the place and be vague, so that you have to almost interpret what it was he just said. The line above interpreted to English: "They're bravely running into an area of great danger, like soldiers in the heat of crossfire. It's an incredible thing to see."



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4215
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by RickRund » Fri May 15, 2020 10:41 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:08 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm
“[Doctors and nurses] are running into death just like soldiers run into bullets ... it’s a beautiful thing to see.” -DJT
I think we can all agree the two Presidential candidates say a whole bunch of stupid things. Whether it is not being prepared or just not knowing true facts both of these guys have issues with the truth/facts.

I know some of you hate foxnews, but check out Biden's interview. He says "85,000 jobs have been lost" and then maybe says "billions of people" or "millions of people" have been infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... oronavirus
I would say Biden and Trump mix up their facts from time to time. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan did that too. We all do. I call my kids by their siblings names all the time. Same with my dogs. I bet you do something like that, too. I don't have a problem with those kinds of mistakes. I don't consider it stupid. And it isn't the same as giving a well-rehearsed bit of misinformation, which is truly wrong. Or prefacing what you say with something like, "I'm an expert in that field and I can tell you that this is a fact..." to persuade people. But then be proven wrong.

The example above is just Trump speaking in a Trumpese, not literal, way. He tends to bounce all over the place and be vague, so that you have to almost interpret what it was he just said. The line above interpreted to English: "They're bravely running into an area of great danger, like soldiers in the heat of crossfire. It's an incredible thing to see."
Yep!!!



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 15, 2020 4:35 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:08 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm
“[Doctors and nurses] are running into death just like soldiers run into bullets ... it’s a beautiful thing to see.” -DJT
I think we can all agree the two Presidential candidates say a whole bunch of stupid things. Whether it is not being prepared or just not knowing true facts both of these guys have issues with the truth/facts.

I know some of you hate foxnews, but check out Biden's interview. He says "85,000 jobs have been lost" and then maybe says "billions of people" or "millions of people" have been infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... oronavirus
I would say Biden and Trump mix up their facts from time to time. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan did that too. We all do. I call my kids by their siblings names all the time. Same with my dogs. I bet you do something like that, too. I don't have a problem with those kinds of mistakes. I don't consider it stupid. And it isn't the same as giving a well-rehearsed bit of misinformation, which is truly wrong. Or prefacing what you say with something like, "I'm an expert in that field and I can tell you that this is a fact..." to persuade people. But then be proven wrong.

The example above is just Trump speaking in a Trumpese, not literal, way. He tends to bounce all over the place and be vague, so that you have to almost interpret what it was he just said. The line above interpreted to English: "They're bravely running into an area of great danger, like soldiers in the heat of crossfire. It's an incredible thing to see."
Somebody call iaafan right away and let him know his accounts been hacked.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am

More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”



“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.



“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?




Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”



“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.



“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”



“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.



“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 21, 2020 10:38 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”



“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.



“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?
Biden only started telling that lie 20+ years ago. In actuality, Biden has a propensity to tell the same lies OVER AND OVER. Here is an article that sheds the light on some of his lies.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-bide ... -reporting



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”



“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.



“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?
Biden only started telling that lie 20+ years ago. In actuality, Biden has a propensity to tell the same lies OVER AND OVER. Here is an article that sheds the light on some of his lies.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-bide ... -reporting
Biden owned up to it. How often does Trump do that?
In his 2007 autobiography "Promises to Keep," Biden addressed his comments on the 1988 campaign trail. He said he lost his temper because he was getting sick with the flu, and "it sounded to me as if one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence."

"At a small campaign event in Claremont, N.H., I lost it. I shouldn’t have been there in the first place," Biden wrote. "I didn’t feel any better afterward; what I’d said was a quick and stupid rant that I wished I’d never said. Worse than that, without realizing it I’d exaggerated my academic record."

"Thank God, I thought as I left the event, there weren’t many people in the room to see my outburst."



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am
More craziness from The Donald today...

Pushing conspiracy theories with no evidence and saying “voting is an honor”

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1263244100339486721?s=21

“I was honored as Man of the Year in Michigan.” This has been proven to be an outright lie.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1263244602007527425?s=21

“There are many per capitas. Per Capitas relative to what?”

Uhhhh.....wha?

https://twitter.com/justinwolfers/status/1263459814442704896?s=21
Kind of like how Biden graduated at the top of his law class at Columbia...
Yeah....very similar to that. Only Trump said this yesterday, even after it has been disproven by multiple sources. If you tell a lie enough times, it will eventually come true, right?
Biden only started telling that lie 20+ years ago. In actuality, Biden has a propensity to tell the same lies OVER AND OVER. Here is an article that sheds the light on some of his lies.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-biden-mainstream-media-lies-trust-reporting
Biden owned up to it. How often does Trump do that?
In his 2007 autobiography "Promises to Keep," Biden addressed his comments on the 1988 campaign trail. He said he lost his temper because he was getting sick with the flu, and "it sounded to me as if one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence."

"At a small campaign event in Claremont, N.H., I lost it. I shouldn’t have been there in the first place," Biden wrote. "I didn’t feel any better afterward; what I’d said was a quick and stupid rant that I wished I’d never said. Worse than that, without realizing it I’d exaggerated my academic record."

"Thank God, I thought as I left the event, there weren’t many people in the room to see my outburst."
I am not a Trump apologist and agree he says some dumb things. However, the left will attack Trump for lying yet give a pass to Biden (or any wide assortment of Dem characters such as Pelosi). Did you read the article above? Biden has a history of bending the truth. According to your reasoning above, if you apologize once in awhile, it is okay to lie regularly.



Post Reply