Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:29 am

You just got done lecturing people about believing the media, then got caught believing a fake story you heard from a media source and your still here lecturing. Look at how you phrased the cnn story. Not only didn’t you question it, your analysis is off the rails. Doesn’t it “scare” you that Fox ran that slanderous CNN story without fact checking it first? Or does your fear only get caused by liberal media bias?



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 01, 2020 8:18 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:29 am
You just got done lecturing people about believing the media, then got caught believing a fake story you heard from a media source and your still here lecturing. Look at how you phrased the cnn story. Not only didn’t you question it, your analysis is off the rails. Doesn’t it “scare” you that Fox ran that slanderous CNN story without fact checking it first? Or does your fear only get caused by liberal media bias?
Nice deflection. Yes I was wrong on that one, as I admitted. But I didn't get it from Fox News, you just assume I watch Fox because I'm a conservative. I'll assume you watch MSNBC and have a Chris Matthews poster in your bedroom.
And the fact that I was wrong on that 1 story doesn't win you the argument or prove that the media isn't biased. Sorry!

In case you do want an actual discussion on the topic... When I say the mainstream media is biased left, I'm talking about the major news networks. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN. And the major newspapers such as the NYT and WaPost. I'm not talking about cable news networks. Do you agree or disagree?


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Fri May 01, 2020 9:14 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:18 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:29 am
You just got done lecturing people about believing the media, then got caught believing a fake story you heard from a media source and your still here lecturing. Look at how you phrased the cnn story. Not only didn’t you question it, your analysis is off the rails. Doesn’t it “scare” you that Fox ran that slanderous CNN story without fact checking it first? Or does your fear only get caused by liberal media bias?
Nice deflection. Yes I was wrong on that one, as I admitted. But I didn't get it from Fox News, you just assume I watch Fox because I'm a conservative. I'll assume you watch MSNBC and have a Chris Matthews poster in your bedroom.
And the fact that I was wrong on that 1 story doesn't win you the argument or prove that the media isn't biased. Sorry!

In case you do want an actual discussion on the topic... When I say the mainstream media is biased left, I'm talking about the major news networks. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN. And the major newspapers such as the NYT and WaPost. I'm not talking about cable news networks. Do you agree or disagree?
So CNN, which stands for Cable News Network is major news network and Fox is not? I’m not sure it’s still on this roll, but Fox had won 71 straight rating quarters over cnn. They typically have twice the viewers of cnn.

I consider CNN, NBC, NYT and WaPo to lean left. I consider the WSJ and Fox to lean right. I consider ABC and CBS unbiased. None of them lean as much as Fox, which had highest bias rating of any news service at -51.

If you’re gullible, then bias works exponentially better than it does on people who naturally question and seek confirmation on what they hear.

Speaking of deflections: I didn’t say you got it from Fox. Fox was spreading that false story, so I asked a question about Fox, which you didn’t answer. Where did you hear that CNN was taking down the Reade videos?

You should also research what Biden and Clinton said about “believing” accusers of sexual assault to give it context. If not, let me know and I’ll do it for you.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 01, 2020 11:59 am

Fine, remove CNN from the ones I listed.

Glad we agree on most of them. ABC is not unbiased. George Stephanopolis is the freaking chief news anchor for Pete's sake. How unbiased would they be if Sarah Huckabee Sanders held his position?? Or maybe Kellyanne Conway is a better equivalent.

I also disagree with CBS, perhaps if I get bored this weekend I'll find you some examples.

You keep talking about Fox. YES Fox is right biased. Much more so in their opinion programs than their hard news, but still right leaning.

I got it from Twitter, though I don't remember the source I follow that posted it.

I already #believeAllwomen like all good democrats told me I had to do, so I don't need to research that.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Had to hurry that last post, I was in line at the bank...
To your question about does it scare me that Fox ran that story - well I don't know that they did. I rarely turn on Fox news, honestly, so I can't speak to that. But if the story is indeed 100% false, and Fox ran the story as true, then yes that is wrong and they should be held accountable for that. Do I find it scary? no, not any more scary than the left wing slant in the MSM that I see all the time. THAT is much more scary than a known right-wing news source doing right-wing things. Do you understand why its worse for ABC, NBC, and CBS to be biased than it is for Fox News to be biased?

Fox isn't any further right than CNN or MSNBC is left. I'm sure if you're a democrat it seems that way. But Shawn Hannity is no further right than Rachael Maddow is left. etc etc.

One more thought on Fox News. Its not surprising to me at all that Fox dominates the cable ratings. Despite what you think about the leanings of major network news programs, Conservatives get sick and tired of the liberal slant on all of them. So they turn to other sources. In other words, Fox's success is primarily due to the liberal slant on the major networks. In my opinion if ABC, NBC and CBS weren't so slanted left in their coverage, Fox wouldn't have nearly the audience that they have, and they wouldn't scare you so much.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Fri May 01, 2020 2:07 pm

advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/14/eaay9344

The right does a few more things that prompt media attention and they often don’t own it, which draws more attention. The media reports on it and it’s negative impacts. That doesn’t make them biased. It’s news when militias go to a state capitol building with rifles. It’s news when the right denies science, which they despite how overwhelming it is. I could go on all day. Does the left do some bat s—t crazy stuff? Yes. But not at the same rate.

The right needs to return to center. People from the 80s-90s don’t recognize the party. The Tea party influence is too strong. When you lose guys like George Will, Steven Schmidt, Nicole Wallace, to name a few it’s time to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

The study above breaks down the perceived media bias much better than I can. There’s also a site called Ad Fontes Media that puts together a media bias chart. It might be worth a look.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 01, 2020 4:15 pm

I don't agree with any of that. The left has just as much bat s--t crazy as the right does, but the media protects them. The Tea Party is portrayed in the media as a bunch of crazies (and certainly they have that element but it doesn't define what they stand for) while OWS and Antifa protests are celebrated in the media as good folks exercising their first amendment rights... meanwhile the drug use and crime happening at OWS gatherings are not covered by the MSM and the violence, assaults, etc of Antifa are largely passed over by the MSM. The anti-police movement "Black Lives Matter" was also mostly celebrated in the media. These are all left wing groups.

I'm 52. I am from the 80s and 90s. Please don't tell me that I don't recognize the party, that's a left-wing talking point. I'd love to hear you name the major platform components that have changed since then on the right. Dont just throw that generic bomb out there, be specific - what did the party stand for in the 80s and 90s that they no longer do???
Republicans still believe in a free market economy, the freedom of the individual, personal responsibility, and self-reliance. They also believe in the secure borders of a sovereign nation, which democrats believed in too at one time, including Obama just 15 years ago. That's changed, hasn't it? Remember when democrats worried about illegal immigration too? That's changed, hasn't it? And the younger side of the Democratic party are all about socialism now. They all want free healthcare, free college, a "living wage" paid by the government, college debt paid off, $15/hour wage regardless of what they do, etc etc. Why? because the far left "democratic socialists" have begun taking over the party. When you talk about a party that isn't recognizable from the 90s, it would be the Democrats, my friend.

Anyway - thats all getting off topic. The MSM sucks!!! I'll check out the link you provided in your last post, and I truly hope you have a great weekend. Go Cats!


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:01 am

Not sure why Republicans are concerned in any way with Biden. If he gets elected, it’s more Republican-lite politics and he’d only last one term. A ton of Bernie Sanders supporters will vote third party this year, so it could be an election where the winner gets less than 50% of the vote.

I voted Trump last time because he had some FDR/LBJ traits and Clinton’s husband had crapped all over the Democrats.

Since I live in Montana it doesn’t matter who I vote for for president, but if it were today I’d either vote third party or not at all.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by codecat » Sat May 02, 2020 6:57 pm

77matcat wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:07 pm
Hamilton felt that everyday citizens weren’t smart enough or didn’t have enough time to stay on top of all the important topics in the country to vote for the best for the country. If 45 wins another 4 years I’d have to agree. 🤭🤣😂

45’s base of minions is still about 30% of the electorate. As 45 said he could shoot someone on 5th ave and that wouldn’t change. He won 2016 because he demonized Hillary (along with Comey’s help) and convinced a good number of independents with his tough talk that he was the one.

In 2020 his minions will not change even though his lack of action resulted in thousands f covid deaths. The independents and the rest of the world however have witnessed his shtick and are familiar with it. The DNC would have to buy 2 hour commercials to air half of his lies and misdirects.

If 45 gets re-elected it’s more a comment on the DNC’s utter failure than his abilities. Well unless inhaling a disinfectant really works. 😂🤣😂😂🤣
Edited:
This is funny - he took almost immediate action closing travel from hot spots in the world, and started the task force within a few days. Not quite like your House Liberals being so obsessed about impeaching Trump that they completely ignored covid-19. Just wait until the remainder of the documented findings about how the Obama Administration used his FBI to wreck the life of General Flynn - this has been nothing short of a soft coup(although I would not call it brilliant) to overthrow the results of a duly elected President.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 04, 2020 7:53 am

The leader of the free world:




User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by The Butcher » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am

Trump sure knows how to step in it better than anyone!

This was pretty brutal with some serious racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_E5PyNDM



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Tue May 12, 2020 10:38 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am
Trump sure knows how to step in it better than anyone!

This was pretty brutal with some serious racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_E5PyNDM
I guess we all see what we wanna see... but thats not racism. Trump has been blaming China from the very beginning, and just because he continues to blame China when an Asian reporter asks the question, doesn't suddenly make it racism.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Tue May 12, 2020 11:52 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am
Trump sure knows how to step in it better than anyone!

This was pretty brutal with some serious racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_E5PyNDM
I guess we all see what we wanna see... but thats not racism. Trump has been blaming China from the very beginning, and just because he continues to blame China when an Asian reporter asks the question, doesn't suddenly make it racism.
Trump is an admitted racist and has made numerous racial actions in his lifetime, so I tend to believe that he took a look at the reporter's face and, despite her very reasonable question having nothing to do with China, it reminded him of China, so he went that route and told her to go ask China. You can say that's not racism if you want to have that opinion, but I think considering Trump's history as a racist, it's much easier to come to the conclusion that he was being racist and you'd have to be pretty biased to think otherwise. I mean that's really giving someone with his background the benefit of the doubt.

I know that if someone that appeared to be Asian asked me a question that put me on the spot, but had nothing to do with Asia, I wouldn't respond by saying go ask China. I know some people that would, but they're all racists. Just because Trump is, wrongly, blaming China doesn't make it so and doesn't mean that it's okay for him to say go ask China to an Asian reporter not asking anything about China.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/ ... sm-history



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:52 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am
Trump sure knows how to step in it better than anyone!

This was pretty brutal with some serious racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_E5PyNDM
I guess we all see what we wanna see... but thats not racism. Trump has been blaming China from the very beginning, and just because he continues to blame China when an Asian reporter asks the question, doesn't suddenly make it racism.
Trump is an admitted racist and has made numerous racial actions in his lifetime, so I tend to believe that he took a look at the reporter's face and, despite her very reasonable question having nothing to do with China, it reminded him of China, so he went that route and told her to go ask China. You can say that's not racism if you want to have that opinion, but I think considering Trump's history as a racist, it's much easier to come to the conclusion that he was being racist and you'd have to be pretty biased to think otherwise. I mean that's really giving someone with his background the benefit of the doubt.

I know that if someone that appeared to be Asian asked me a question that put me on the spot, but had nothing to do with Asia, I wouldn't respond by saying go ask China. I know some people that would, but they're all racists. Just because Trump is, wrongly, blaming China doesn't make it so and doesn't mean that it's okay for him to say go ask China to an Asian reporter not asking anything about China.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/ ... sm-history
Look, i think Trump is as big an idiot as the next guy... but he's not an "admitted racist". Thats silly. Not to mention the reporter had a frickin mask on her face when he first answered the question. I'm certainly not biased in Trump's favor, and you should know that by now, but of course you're going to accuse me of that since I don't agree with the "racism" charge.

Think of this: If a person was an idiot, but not a racist, and right or wrong believed China was to blame for the virus, how would their response have been different? Or pretend for a moment that Trump can't see the reporter when that question is asked, pretend it was a phoned in question. What would his response have been?
Exactly the same thing. "Ask China, its their fault, " etc etc.

I don't know if Trump is a racist or not, but this exchange was not racism, and calling it that just shows a high level of TDS, and in my opinion cheapens the word "racism" the next time actual racism is occurring.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:52 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am
Trump sure knows how to step in it better than anyone!

This was pretty brutal with some serious racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_E5PyNDM
I guess we all see what we wanna see... but thats not racism. Trump has been blaming China from the very beginning, and just because he continues to blame China when an Asian reporter asks the question, doesn't suddenly make it racism.
Trump is an admitted racist and has made numerous racial actions in his lifetime, so I tend to believe that he took a look at the reporter's face and, despite her very reasonable question having nothing to do with China, it reminded him of China, so he went that route and told her to go ask China. You can say that's not racism if you want to have that opinion, but I think considering Trump's history as a racist, it's much easier to come to the conclusion that he was being racist and you'd have to be pretty biased to think otherwise. I mean that's really giving someone with his background the benefit of the doubt.

I know that if someone that appeared to be Asian asked me a question that put me on the spot, but had nothing to do with Asia, I wouldn't respond by saying go ask China. I know some people that would, but they're all racists. Just because Trump is, wrongly, blaming China doesn't make it so and doesn't mean that it's okay for him to say go ask China to an Asian reporter not asking anything about China.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/ ... sm-history
Look, i think Trump is as big an idiot as the next guy... but he's not an "admitted racist". Thats silly. Not to mention the reporter had a frickin mask on her face when he first answered the question. I'm certainly not biased in Trump's favor, and you should know that by now, but of course you're going to accuse me of that since I don't agree with the "racism" charge.

Think of this: If a person was an idiot, but not a racist, and right or wrong believed China was to blame for the virus, how would their response have been different? Or pretend for a moment that Trump can't see the reporter when that question is asked, pretend it was a phoned in question. What would his response have been?
Exactly the same thing. "Ask China, its their fault, " etc etc.

I don't know if Trump is a racist or not, but this exchange was not racism, and calling it that just shows a high level of TDS, and in my opinion cheapens the word "racism" the next time actual racism is occurring.
A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Still don't think he's an admitted racist?



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6928
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 91catAlum » Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 pm
A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Still don't think he's an admitted racist?
Well Playboy and John O'Donnell are certainly the industry leaders in hard news, so that's tough to argue with... Perhaps its true. But this exchange still is not about race.

MASKED REPORTER, asking a snotty question (and making more of a comment at Trump than asking a real question): ...Why is this a global competition to you, if everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we're still seeing more cases everyday?
TRUMP: Well they are losing their lives everywhere in the world, maybe that's a question you should ask China. Don't ask me, ask China that question.
[Reporter removes mask from face, revealing that she is Asian]
REPORTER: Sir, why are you saying that to me?

I think its pretty obvious that his answer, and the whole exchange, had nothing to do with the reporter's race. Seems to me that he is referring to his belief that this whole thing was China's fault for accidentally letting this virus get out of their Bio-lab in Wuhan (which may or may not be true, still not proven).

Let me ask you this - if he was saying "ask China" to her because she is Asian, what exactly do you think he meant by that?? What sense would it make for him to say "ask China" to her just because she's Asian? I guess I don't understand that part.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 pm
A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Still don't think he's an admitted racist?
Well Playboy and John O'Donnell are certainly the industry leaders in hard news, so that's tough to argue with... Perhaps its true. But this exchange still is not about race.

MASKED REPORTER, asking a snotty question (and making more of a comment at Trump than asking a real question): ...Why is this a global competition to you, if everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we're still seeing more cases everyday?
TRUMP: Well they are losing their lives everywhere in the world, maybe that's a question you should ask China. Don't ask me, ask China that question.
[Reporter removes mask from face, revealing that she is Asian]
REPORTER: Sir, why are you saying that to me?

I think its pretty obvious that his answer, and the whole exchange, had nothing to do with the reporter's race. Seems to me that he is referring to his belief that this whole thing was China's fault for accidentally letting this virus get out of their Bio-lab in Wuhan (which may or may not be true, still not proven).

Let me ask you this - if he was saying "ask China" to her because she is Asian, what exactly do you think he meant by that?? What sense would it make for him to say "ask China" to her just because she's Asian? I guess I don't understand that part.
There are multiple other incidents of Trump saying “ask China” or he “blames China” in his responses, and none of those responses had anything to do with the race of the person asking the question.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by 77matcat » Tue May 12, 2020 10:27 pm

I didn’t see it as racist, although per numerous examples it seems obvious he is.

It seems apparent he is actively changing the narrative regarding his handling of the covid virus by creating a villain his base can vilify. He will continue to repeat this mantra till it becomes a standard response to the topic. It’s standard protocol to create your own reality.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by iaafan » Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 pm
A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Still don't think he's an admitted racist?
Well Playboy and John O'Donnell are certainly the industry leaders in hard news, so that's tough to argue with... Perhaps its true. But this exchange still is not about race.

MASKED REPORTER, asking a snotty question (and making more of a comment at Trump than asking a real question): ...Why is this a global competition to you, if everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we're still seeing more cases everyday?
TRUMP: Well they are losing their lives everywhere in the world, maybe that's a question you should ask China. Don't ask me, ask China that question.
[Reporter removes mask from face, revealing that she is Asian]
REPORTER: Sir, why are you saying that to me?

I think its pretty obvious that his answer, and the whole exchange, had nothing to do with the reporter's race. Seems to me that he is referring to his belief that this whole thing was China's fault for accidentally letting this virus get out of their Bio-lab in Wuhan (which may or may not be true, still not proven).

Let me ask you this - if he was saying "ask China" to her because she is Asian, what exactly do you think he meant by that?? What sense would it make for him to say "ask China" to her just because she's Asian? I guess I don't understand that part.
There are multiple other incidents of Trump saying “ask China” or he “blames China” in his responses, and none of those responses had anything to do with the race of the person asking the question.
That was the first time I heard him say that when the question wasn't about China. It was obvious that he didn't like the question, couldn't answer it, saw the face of the person asking, then said "go ask China" with a big emphasis on "China". Due to the event having a "USA leads the World in Testing" theme, she was questioning him about why he was making it into a competition with other countries when people are dying here. He didn't even appear to try to come up with a response to her question, he said people are dying everywhere and then just ended it with "go ask China". So if you take that at face value, then he apparently wanted her to ask China why the USA is making it into a competition when people are dying in the USA. That obviously wasn't what he wanted her to do. It appears that he just lost his temper because he knew he didn't have an answer, so he lashed out at the reporter. She's Asian, so he pounced on that. If she was white, he probably would've whined that it's a nasty question or went on a rant about the network she works for.

This is no different than adding Hussein with emphasis to the middle of Barack Obama or trying to make a case for him being born in Kenya, because his dad was from Kenya and his last name is Kenyan. These are racist words and actions when put into context. Anytime a known racist makes these comments in that context, it's racism. Even press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments.

91: it's hilarious that you're calling her question a snotty question. That's what Trump thought, but it's a totally legit question based on the big banner proclaiming that the US leads in testing, (btw we don't on the more important metric of tests per million). Besides that, what kind of question does he expect to get? If you make a misleading statement, you're going to get called on it, so he should be prepared. All he to say is "we're trying to reassure the American people that we're working hard on this by having provided X million tests so far and we're ramping those tests up as we speak." Is it that difficult? Or do you just blame the media person for asking the question and Trump shouldn't have to answer questions. There are two types of TDS and you have the one where, despite what you say, Trump does no wrong. You're whole MSM bias claim falls apart when you yourself are so incredibly biased that you call this reporter's question snotty. The MSM and any reliable source is going to question any politician that makes questionable statements or moves. That's their job. Just because Trump is constantly doing that doesn't mean the media is biased, it just means they're doing their job. The only reason for them to stop is if Trump can somehow screw his head on.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Please joe, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 pm
A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Still don't think he's an admitted racist?
Well Playboy and John O'Donnell are certainly the industry leaders in hard news, so that's tough to argue with... Perhaps its true. But this exchange still is not about race.

MASKED REPORTER, asking a snotty question (and making more of a comment at Trump than asking a real question): ...Why is this a global competition to you, if everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we're still seeing more cases everyday?
TRUMP: Well they are losing their lives everywhere in the world, maybe that's a question you should ask China. Don't ask me, ask China that question.
[Reporter removes mask from face, revealing that she is Asian]
REPORTER: Sir, why are you saying that to me?

I think its pretty obvious that his answer, and the whole exchange, had nothing to do with the reporter's race. Seems to me that he is referring to his belief that this whole thing was China's fault for accidentally letting this virus get out of their Bio-lab in Wuhan (which may or may not be true, still not proven).

Let me ask you this - if he was saying "ask China" to her because she is Asian, what exactly do you think he meant by that?? What sense would it make for him to say "ask China" to her just because she's Asian? I guess I don't understand that part.
There are multiple other incidents of Trump saying “ask China” or he “blames China” in his responses, and none of those responses had anything to do with the race of the person asking the question.
That was the first time I heard him say that when the question wasn't about China. It was obvious that he didn't like the question, couldn't answer it, saw the face of the person asking, then said "go ask China" with a big emphasis on "China". Due to the event having a "USA leads the World in Testing" theme, she was questioning him about why he was making it into a competition with other countries when people are dying here. He didn't even appear to try to come up with a response to her question, he said people are dying everywhere and then just ended it with "go ask China". So if you take that at face value, then he apparently wanted her to ask China why the USA is making it into a competition when people are dying in the USA. That obviously wasn't what he wanted her to do. It appears that he just lost his temper because he knew he didn't have an answer, so he lashed out at the reporter. She's Asian, so he pounced on that. If she was white, he probably would've whined that it's a nasty question or went on a rant about the network she works for.

This is no different than adding Hussein with emphasis to the middle of Barack Obama or trying to make a case for him being born in Kenya, because his dad was from Kenya and his last name is Kenyan. These are racist words and actions when put into context. Anytime a known racist makes these comments in that context, it's racism. Even press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump makes racist comments.

91: it's hilarious that you're calling her question a snotty question. That's what Trump thought, but it's a totally legit question based on the big banner proclaiming that the US leads in testing, (btw we don't on the more important metric of tests per million). Besides that, what kind of question does he expect to get? If you make a misleading statement, you're going to get called on it, so he should be prepared. All he to say is "we're trying to reassure the American people that we're working hard on this by having provided X million tests so far and we're ramping those tests up as we speak." Is it that difficult? Or do you just blame the media person for asking the question and Trump shouldn't have to answer questions. There are two types of TDS and you have the one where, despite what you say, Trump does no wrong. You're whole MSM bias claim falls apart when you yourself are so incredibly biased that you call this reporter's question snotty. The MSM and any reliable source is going to question any politician that makes questionable statements or moves. That's their job. Just because Trump is constantly doing that doesn't mean the media is biased, it just means they're doing their job. The only reason for them to stop is if Trump can somehow screw his head on.
You are really grasping at straws. It was a coronavirus related question. Anything related to coronavirus is a China related question in Trump’s mind. His actions are childish in my opinion, but that is the way he has treated any Covid 19 subject regardless of the ethnicity of the person asking the question. He has done it countless times.

And the reporter was asking a snarky question so Trump gave a snarky answer. A large number of questions by the media are trying to make statements or attempt to make Republicans look bad. Remember the insider trading questions by the media regarding two Republicans after a key Covid 19 committee meeting? The media question purposely did not mention that a handful of Democrats were also accused of the same action. Trump called that reporter out. It is the way he acts on everything.



Post Reply