Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by grizgirl » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am
So the Governor of South Dakota who has prided herself on a hands off approach related to COVID sure is making headlines (and not in a good way). Interesting stat in the piece, 42 deaths of COVID Sunday and annually 48 deaths from the flu each year. Anti-science believers are literally killing people. This is pathetic and disgusting.

Basically murder.

Can you impeach a governor?
Do you feel the same about Cuomo?

....you know with the nursing home deaths...
Yes, if he put them in there knowing that they would pass the disease on to them. This governor in South Dakota knows the risk, but is continuing do nothing to prevent it. That’s murder IMO.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:57 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
So the Governor of South Dakota who has prided herself on a hands off approach related to COVID sure is making headlines (and not in a good way). Interesting stat in the piece, 42 deaths of COVID Sunday and annually 48 deaths from the flu each year. Anti-science believers are literally killing people. This is pathetic and disgusting.

Basically murder.

Yes, if he put them in there knowing that they would pass the disease on to them. This governor in South Dakota knows the risk, but is continuing do nothing to prevent it. That’s murder IMO.
Wait a second. Don’t the people of South Dakota know the risk that they are taking? The governor is allowing people to make their own decisions. Isn’t that similar to pro-choice? People get to make their own decisions with their body?

And your treatment of Cuomo is completely hypocritical. The left has been blaming Trump for this Covid pandemic, yet this was all new uncharted waters. Yet with Cuomo, you want to give him a pass because he didn’t know any better? That is the definition of hypocrisy.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:57 pm
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Basically murder.

Wait a second. Don’t the people of South Dakota know the risk that they are taking? The governor is allowing people to make their own decisions. Isn’t that similar to pro-choice? People get to make their own decisions with their body?
So legalize driving drunk, right? I should be allowed to get hammered and drive without government interference. I mean I know the risk I’m taking and others know their risk as well.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:53 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Basically murder.

So legalize driving drunk, right? I should be allowed to get hammered and drive without government interference. I mean I know the risk I’m taking and others know their risk as well.
You are better than that... Grizgirl and Butcher are accusing the governor of South Dakota of murder because she won’t implement stricter measures. Would the governor be up for murder charges if drunk driving laws didn’t exist? NO!

And while I believe masks are a small act and everyone should wear a mask, why are you guys fixated on South Dakota? Are you just trying to make a political statement? Montana and many parts of the country are experiencing huge Covid issues right now, yet these locations have been under mask and social distancing measures, some quite restrictive. Why aren’t you guys talking about the spikes in those locales, or does that not fit your political agendas?

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:41 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:53 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Basically murder.

You are better than that... Grizgirl and Butcher are accusing the governor of South Dakota of murder because she won’t implement stricter measures. Would the governor be up for murder charges if drunk driving laws didn’t exist? NO!

And while I believe masks are a small act and everyone should wear a mask, why are you guys fixated on South Dakota? Are you just trying to make a political statement? Montana and many parts of the country are experiencing huge Covid issues right now, yet these locations have been under mask and social distancing measures, some quite restrictive. Why aren’t you guys talking about the spikes in those locales, or does that not fit your political agendas?
They are fixated on South Dakota because the Demedia outlets they follow consider Governor Kristi Noem as a huge threat, correctly, to their agendas. Noem has a bright future and, if she so chooses, will be a serious future President or VP candidate (more so than Nikki Haley, if you have to check the female box).

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am

Cataholic wrote:

You never cease to amaze me. I did not accuse Governor Noem of murder. Your obsession of trying to put words into other people's mouths is pathetic. I guess you are taking your lead from folks like Trump who make up things to fit their narrative. :lol:

Also, I live in South Dakota smart guy (I literally stated that in this thread). I care about the horrible job my governor is doing and choose to share it on this board. :roll:

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:41 am
They are fixated on South Dakota because the Demedia outlets they follow consider Governor Kristi Noem as a huge threat, correctly, to their agendas. Noem has a bright future and, if she so chooses, will be a serious future President or VP candidate (more so than Nikki Haley, if you have to check the female box).
Please see my response above. I will reiterate for you; I live in South Dakota genius as I stated in this thread.

Also a note about Mrs. "bright future", most people have never heard of her. :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:03 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am
Cataholic wrote:

You never cease to amaze me. I did not accuse Governor Noem of murder. Your obsession of trying to put words into other people's mouths is pathetic. I guess you are taking your lead from folks like Trump who make up things to fit their narrative. :lol:

Also, I live in South Dakota smart guy (I literally stated that in this thread). I care about the horrible job my governor is doing and choose to share it on this board. :roll:
You are right. It was Griz girl that called her a murderer. It should be noted that you never corrected her, which is something you always do if you disagree.

So if things are so bad in SD due to the governor’s lack of action, why are things so bad elsewhere where actions are very aggressive?

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am
Cataholic wrote:

You are right. It was Griz girl that called her a murderer. It should be noted that you never corrected her, which is something you always do if you disagree.

So if things are so bad in SD due to the governor’s lack of action, why are things so bad elsewhere where actions are very aggressive?
OMG! Saying something is "basically murder" isn't literally accusing anyone of murder. Like when it rains and you leave your muddy car outside, you're "basically washing" your car, you're not literally washing your car. If I was accusing her of murder, I'd be saying she should be arrested for murder. You just keep acting like Trump though and twisting everything you come across around to fit your projective narrative. You've got that act down to a T. Nice job! :lol: :lol: =D^ =D^ :roll: :roll:

Noem has done nothing to protect the people of So. Dakota. Her failure could very well be the reason ND and eastern Montana are having as bad of problems as they're having. SD had an issue initially and never dealt with it and now ND and eastern MT are as well. Is it just a coincidence? Maybe, but you can't rule it out as a possible factor.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 am

grizgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

OMG! Saying something is "basically murder" isn't literally accusing anyone of murder. Like when it rains and you leave your muddy car outside, you're "basically washing" your car, you're not literally washing your car. If I was accusing her of murder, I'd be saying she should be arrested for murder. You just keep acting like Trump though and twisting everything you come across around to fit your projective narrative. You've got that act down to a T. Nice job! :lol: :lol: =D^ =D^ :roll: :roll:

Noem has done nothing to protect the people of So. Dakota. Her failure could very well be the reason ND and eastern Montana are having as bad of problems as they're having. SD had an issue initially and never dealt with it and now ND and eastern MT are as well. Is it just a coincidence? Maybe, but you can't rule it out as a possible factor.
Noem encouraged crowds to see Donald Trump when he attended a fireworks display at Mount Rushmore in July, to attend the Sturgis motorcycle rally in August, to attend the State Fair in September and scoffed at science-driven precautions. South Dakota has reported more COVID-19 deaths per capita over the last week than anywhere else in the country, and it has the highest per capita rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations. South Dakota has an alarming positivity rate of almost 60% – nearly six out of 10 people who take a Covid test are infected – second only in the US to neighboring Wyoming. When asked about these numbers she respond, “That is absolutely false” and cited different data sources.

So other parts of the country might be bad but SOUTH DAKOTA IS THE WORST.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Please see my response above. I will reiterate for you; I live in South Dakota genius as I stated in this thread.

Also a note about Mrs. "bright future", most people have never heard of her. :lol:

LOL, the governor of South Dakota isn't a threat to anyone other than her own constituents. Sheesh. :roll:

If that's the list of viable Republican candidates for 2024... yikes.

GO CATS GO!!!

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:43 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 am
arvcat2 wrote:

LOL, the governor of South Dakota isn't a threat to anyone other than her own constituents. Sheesh. :roll:

If that's the list of viable Republican candidates for 2024... yikes.
Amazing how some of you continue to site polls, that have been so off target for so long. Sheesh :deadhorse:

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:59 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 am
grizgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

Noem encouraged crowds to see Donald Trump when he attended a fireworks display at Mount Rushmore in July, to attend the Sturgis motorcycle rally in August, to attend the State Fair in September and scoffed at science-driven precautions. South Dakota has reported more COVID-19 deaths per capita over the last week than anywhere else in the country, and it has the highest per capita rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations. South Dakota has an alarming positivity rate of almost 60% – nearly six out of 10 people who take a Covid test are infected – second only in the US to neighboring Wyoming. When asked about these numbers she respond, “That is absolutely false” and cited different data sources.

So other parts of the country might be bad but SOUTH DAKOTA IS THE WORST.
6 out of 10. Isn't herd immunity somewhere in the vicinity of 8 out of 10. Maybe she's on to something here.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 am

Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:59 pm
6 out of 10. Isn't herd immunity somewhere in the vicinity of 8 out of 10. Maybe she's on to something here.
The Governor’s grandmother died in her Watertown, SD nursing home this past weekend. The nursing home has lost 8 people (there were 50) in 2 weeks after COVID was discovered at the facility.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 am
Mtcatfan wrote:
The Governor’s grandmother died in her Watertown, SD nursing home this past weekend. The nursing home has lost 8 people (there were 50) in 2 weeks after COVID was discovered at the facility.
Has her grandmother's cause of death been announced?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:50 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
No. A statement said that she did not “test positive” (note not a negative test) leaving speculation that no test was administered. Nearly all the residents and staff have contracted the virus, which is evident with losing 16% of the population in 14 days.

They had 50 some residents. They are down to 42. Out of those residents, 40 have tested positive for COVID-19. 16 staff have also tested positive.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:12 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:50 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
No. A statement said that she did not “test positive” (note not a negative test) leaving speculation that no test was administered. Nearly all the residents and staff have contracted the virus, which is evident with losing 16% of the population in 14 days.

They had 50 some residents. They are down to 42. Out of those residents, 40 have tested positive for COVID-19. 16 staff have also tested positive.
They didn't come back to clear up any speculation? You want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but when they leave doubt...

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

This should trigger the pro maskers:
https://newtube.app/user/anthony/5h9ORJW?u=t

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:15 pm

wapiti wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm
This should trigger the pro maskers:
https://newtube.app/user/anthony/5h9ORJW?u=t
Delivery matters, and that guy’s delivery was certainly not intended to influence anyone who wasn’t already in agreement with him.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:54 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:14 am
11/5/2020
New Cases: 1013
New Tests: 2736
Today's positivity rate: 37%
13,261 Active cases
414 Active Hospitalizations (+7 from yesterday )
Deaths: 407 (+3)

**Remember to practice physical distancing, wear your mask, wash your hands, don't touch your face.**
11/15/2020
New Cases: 1272
New Tests: 2867
Today's positivity rate: 44%
Active cases: 19,166
Active Hospitalizations: 435
Deaths: 520

**Remember to practice physical distancing, wear your mask, wash your hands, don't touch your face.**
New Cases: 1500
New Tests: 10494
Today's positivity rate: 14%
Active cases: 19,750
Active Hospitalizations: 456 (+11)
Deaths: 543 (+23)

12/3/2020

New Cases: 899
New Tests: 5500
Today's positivity rate: 16%
Active cases: 16040
Active Hospitalizations: 474
Deaths: 722