Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:39 pm

One of the main faces of the Democratic Party is putting a negative twist on the development of the Pfizer vaccine. Somebody should remind this blowhard that thousands of people died in NY when he ordered Covid victims into nursing homes. And I hear Biden is considering this guy for a cabinet position. Unbelievable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo- ... ration.amp

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:43 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 pm
Remember when all those people said the pandemic would end after the election? It looks like they were wrong.

South Dakota hit a record high in cases today at 2,020. Right now 1 out of 50 people in South Dakota are considered an active case. About 1 out of 14 people have had COVID.

I have lost count of how many people I know who have had COVID. It has to be closing on 50 by now. I still haven't personally known anyone that has died from COVID. My mother-in-law knows 10 people that have died from it and most recently my father-in-law’s cousin (never met them).

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Remember when all those people said the pandemic would end after the election? It looks like they were wrong.

South Dakota hit a record high in cases today at 2,020. Right now 1 out of 50 people in South Dakota are considered an active case. About 1 out of 14 people have had COVID.

I have lost count of how many people I know who have had COVID. It has to be closing on 50 by now. I still haven't personally known anyone that has died from COVID. My mother-in-law knows 10 people that have died from it and most recently my father-in-law’s cousin (never met them).
Remember it well. Republicans have no shame and will say and do anything to win an election. It's what they do. They're always in lockstep with each and there's no shame in their game.

Also remember when there wasn't going to be a pandemic. It was going to be over in April, then summer, then... Hydroxychloroquine was going to work, then Lysol injections, then...

What a nightmare the Trump presidency has been. They haven't addressed the pandemic in over a week. More concerned with figuring out how to pardon himself.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:07 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 pm
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Remember it well. Republicans have no shame and will say and do anything to win an election. It's what they do. They're always in lockstep with each and there's no shame in their game.

Also remember when there wasn't going to be a pandemic. It was going to be over in April, then summer, then... Hydroxychloroquine was going to work, then Lysol injections, then...

What a nightmare the Trump presidency has been. They haven't addressed the pandemic in over a week. More concerned with figuring out how to pardon himself.
I can’t believe you two. This issue has been so politicized by the Democrats. It was the main topic of any campaign event. The words by Cuomo above won’t even give Trump credit for actually spearheading efforts to get a vaccine in place. Amazing how the vaccine announcement was one week AFTER the election. It should be noted that Trump was pushing hard for price controls of drugs in the US. It would have been a major issue for big companies like Pfizer. But I am sure that Pfizer had no idea that the vaccine was so effective before the election🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Hopefully Biden does better than his handling of the H1N1 crisis where 70 million people in the US got sick. It is very fortunate that virus was not as deadly as Covid.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:07 pm
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I can’t believe you two. This issue has been so politicized by the Democrats. It was the main topic of any campaign event. The words by Cuomo above won’t even give Trump credit for actually spearheading efforts to get a vaccine in place. Amazing how the vaccine announcement was one week AFTER the election. It should be noted that Trump was pushing hard for price controls of drugs in the US. It would have been a major issue for big companies like Pfizer. But I am sure that Pfizer had no idea that the vaccine was so effective before the election🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Hopefully Biden does better than his handling of the H1N1 crisis where 70 million people in the US got sick. It is very fortunate that virus was not as deadly as Covid.
Can't you respond to something without making some kind of personal statement. "I can't believe you two." Hardly says anything like that about you. They could, but rarely do and when they do you go off on them for making a personal attack. Play by your own rules.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Can't you respond to something without making some kind of personal statement. "I can't believe you two." Hardly says anything like that about you. They could, but rarely do and when they do you go off on them for making a personal attack. Play by your own rules.
You two are posting stuff that specifically attacks Republicans and conservatives. Am I not allowed to be offended by those remarks and respond?

And trust me, “I can’t believe you two” is not exactly what I would deem a personal attack. I could have used a multitude of other adjectives, but I refrained.

And seriously, if you can’t stand a comment on your post, quit posting.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

You two are posting stuff that specifically attacks Republicans and conservatives. Am I not allowed to be offended by those remarks and respond?

And trust me, “I can’t believe you two” is not exactly what I would deem a personal attack. I could have used a multitude of other adjectives, but I refrained.

Then attack Democrats and liberals. I don't go into posts you've made about Dems and liberals and say "I can't believe you" or make any comment about you, because you said you didn't like it, so I stopped doing it. Yet, it's OK for you to do what you tell others not to do.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:44 pm

It is really, really, weird to compare the response to H1N1 to COVID. H1N1 claimed 12,000 American lives and COVID over 242,000 American lives. We lost more American lives in the last two weeks than the whole H1N1 outbreak. I guess if you want to compare Biden's response to Trump's response, the overwhelming conclusion is Biden is better suited.

Giving Trump any credit for the vaccine is just untrue...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... c1a8923e49

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:58 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Then attack Democrats and liberals. I don't go into posts you've made about Dems and liberals and say "I can't believe you" or make any comment about you, because you said you didn't like it, so I stopped doing it. Yet, it's OK for you to do what you tell others not to do.
You are nuts. You should step away for a minute.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

You are nuts. You should step away for a minute.
If someone can't make a response that doesn't include a personal attack, then they're the ones that need to step away. Not the other way around.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:13 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:44 pm
It is really, really, weird to compare the response to H1N1 to COVID. H1N1 claimed 12,000 American lives and COVID over 242,000 American lives. We lost more American lives in the last two weeks than the whole H1N1 outbreak. I guess if you want to compare Biden's response to Trump's response, the overwhelming conclusion is Biden is better suited.

So we can't give Trump credit for fast tracking a vaccine and putting incredible resources towards developing a cure, but we can blame him for the Pandemic?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 pm

The Butcher wrote:

70 million people contracted H1N1 under Obama-Biden. If it was anywhere near as lethal as Covid, over 1.5 million would have died. Even Obama’s person in charge of the response said they were totally unprepared.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 pm
The Butcher wrote:

70 million people contracted H1N1 under Obama-Biden. If it was anywhere near as lethal as Covid, over 1.5 million would have died. Even Obama’s person in charge of the response said they were totally unprepared.
Biden just appointed Ron Klain as his chief of staff. His comments on how badly Obama-Biden handled the H1N1 virus should be a concern to everyone.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashb ... n-h1n1.amp
In a Pandemic and Biosecurity Policy Summit hosted in May, 2019, Klain – who was not involved directly in the H1N1 response but was a White House staffer at the time – said “a bunch of really talented” people were working on it, but “did every possible thing wrong.”

“Sixty million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time and it’s just purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Klain said. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right, it just had to do with luck.”

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:07 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Biden just appointed Ron Klain as his chief of staff. His comments on how badly Obama-Biden handled the H1N1 virus should be a concern to everyone.

In a Pandemic and Biosecurity Policy Summit hosted in May, 2019, Klain – who was not involved directly in the H1N1 response but was a White House staffer at the time – said “a bunch of really talented” people were working on it, but “did every possible thing wrong.”

“Sixty million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time and it’s just purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Klain said. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right, it just had to do with luck.”
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... ebate.html

This article puts the comparison into perspective.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:26 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:07 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... ebate.html

This article puts the comparison into perspective.
Thanks Tom. That is an interesting article. It does provide a legitimate theory for the 60 million cases. Basically the swine flu was identified as not lethal so they let it run its course. That could be possible, but it may also just be convenient that it worked out that way. It should be noted that Slate is a far left publication and Ron Klain himself said their response was a disaster.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:30 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:13 pm
The Butcher wrote:

So we can't give Trump credit for fast tracking a vaccine and putting incredible resources towards developing a cure, but we can blame him for the Pandemic?
I find this a bit curious myself. :-k

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:07 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:30 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

I don't find it curious, I just like pointing out Butcher's insane posts. He is as biased and idiotic as all the "Trumpers" that think Trump has never done anything wrong in his whole life.

Us rational people (you and I) can look at positives and negatives and think for ourselves, its unfortunate not everyone can do that. Its also unfortunate people can't look at someone or something and realize 99% of the time there is good and bad in everything/everyone and every choice.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am

ilovethecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Trump isn't 100% to blame for the Pandemic, but when you say it's just going to go away and continually downplay it for months, then get caught on tape saying you actually knew how bad it was (Woodward), then blame is going to be pointed at you. Add that to pushing hydroxy, Lysol, and all the other false and misleading claims that he made, then yes he can certainly be blamed for the how poorly things have gone with the pandemic in this country.

Trump doesn't deserve 100% credit for the vaccine. Per Pfizer, Trump did nothing to fast track the vaccine in their effort. Pfizer took no federal funds and took on all the risk of its development. You can give Trump some credit since the incentive for developing a vaccine was put out there by his administration.

Trump takes 0% blame for the Pandemic and 100% credit for the vaccine. Hence people like to point out the truth of the matter.

Overall, Trump has done much more damage than good on the Pandemic, including economically, physically and mentally.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Trump isn't 100% to blame for the Pandemic, but when you say it's just going to go away and continually downplay it for months, then get caught on tape saying you actually knew how bad it was (Woodward), then blame is going to be pointed at you. Add that to pushing hydroxy, Lysol, and all the other false and misleading claims that he made, then yes he can certainly be blamed for the how poorly things have gone with the pandemic in this country.

Trump doesn't deserve 100% credit for the vaccine. Per Pfizer, Trump did nothing to fast track the vaccine in their effort. Pfizer took no federal funds and took on all the risk of its development. You can give Trump some credit since the incentive for developing a vaccine was put out there by his administration.

Trump takes 0% blame for the Pandemic and 100% credit for the vaccine. Hence people like to point out the truth of the matter.

Overall, Trump has done much more damage than good on the Pandemic, including economically, physically and mentally.
TDS.