Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:19 am
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to start thinking the cure actually is worse than the problem starting this morning.
Trump even made a snide comment about Biden wearing a mask to the debate.

Interestingly, there are some people suggesting that Trump does not have COVID. It is a calculation to avoid the next debate and/or an opportunity for him to come out saying he has fully recovered and it wasn’t a big deal. I guess when you lie all the time people start to not believe you and think you have an ulterior motive.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 am
TomCat88 wrote:
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to start thinking the cure actually is worse than the problem starting this morning.

Interestingly, there are some people suggesting that Trump does not have COVID. It is a calculation to avoid the next debate and/or an opportunity for him to come out saying he has fully recovered and it wasn’t a big deal. I guess when you lie all the time people start to not believe you and think you have an ulterior motive.
Who are these people and why are they such idiots? :lol:

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:32 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Not sure where Butch gets his news, but his last post seems to confirm the validity of his sources.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:32 am
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Not sure where Butch gets his news, but his last post seems to confirm the validity of his sources.
In regards to the virus, there is already so much misinformation and division in our country, giving traction to rumors like these is frankly kind of dangerous in my opinion. Views on the virus is all over the board from people thinking it's completely fake to people thinking it will kill hundreds of millions of people. Suggesting the POTUS would make up having the virus, get everyone in the know to agree with such deception, for the sake of missing a debate or any political reason is one of the craziest things I have heard recently. It's as nutty as those that think there is no such thing as the Corona virus and it's all just made up for political gains.

Man, do some of these people actually believe some of this nonsense?! :lol:

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Same amount of proof as voter fraud!

Bait taken!

That was too easy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by The Butcher on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:42 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 am
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

In regards to the virus, there is already so much misinformation and division in our country, giving traction to rumors like these is frankly kind of dangerous in my opinion. Views on the virus is all over the board from people thinking it's completely fake to people thinking it will kill hundreds of millions of people. Suggesting the POTUS would make up having the virus, get everyone in the know to agree with such deception, for the sake of missing a debate or any political reason is one of the craziest things I have heard recently. It's as nutty as those that think there is no such thing as the Corona virus and it's all just made up for political gains.

Man, do some of these people actually believe some of this nonsense?! :lol:
EXACTLY!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:00 am

So glad we have this thread and don't need to create a new one for Donald having the Ghina-virus.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:02 am

ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am

Michael McFaul, former US Ambassador to Russia under Obama, is from Butte/Bozeman and is a class act. Currently a professor at Stanford, which is where he graduated from. The world needs more people like McFaul.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am

Michael McFaul, former US Ambassador to Russia under Obama, is from Butte/Bozeman and is a class act. Currently a professor at Stanford, which is where he graduated from. The world needs more people like McFaul.
Unfortunately there were quite a few GOP elected officials very excited about filling a Supreme Court position days after we lost a justice.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:02 am
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Thanks. Crazy there are people like that out there.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:39 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:00 am

So glad we have this thread and don't need to create a new one for Donald having the Ghina-virus.
Another stupid post. Someone should tell Helen that the whole country has heard that Trump tested positive.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

If he is referring to another debate, I highly doubt that Trump is concerned about the next debate🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

If he is referring to another debate, I highly doubt that Trump is concerned about the next debate🤦‍♂️😂😂😂
So you have this virus that is super super scary. So dangerous we're better off closing businesses and schools as our only way to combat it. The POTUS says that himself and his wife, and others in his circle have contracted this very terrifying virus. And people are going to claim that he's making it up to solve "immediate problems"? And not that he was just another American in the long line of Americans in peril? Am I understanding this correctly?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 am

Last edited by iaafan on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 am

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 am
This logic seems airtight. Because I doubt any people wearing masks have contracted the virus. And if they ever did, despite astronomical odds, I'm sure all the people promoting masks as the number one tool fighting the virus would QUICKLY apologize! :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 am
This logic seems airtight. Because I doubt any people wearing masks have contracted the virus. And if they ever did, despite astronomical odds, I'm sure all the people promoting masks as the number one tool fighting the virus would QUICKLY apologize! :lol:
I'm sure he doesn't expect anyone who mocked Biden for wearing a mask to actually apologize. A rhetorical comment, I'm guessing. Like saying I hope all the Griz fans that mocked MSU because MSU wouldn't be able to beat them by just running the ball are going to apologize now. As if.

(My apologies if I've mistakenly thought you're taking McFaul literally)