Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by iaafan » Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 am
Very interesting data of the age demographics of those killed by the virus nationally, and specifically in the worst hit states.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1262 ... 47872.html
Does that surprise anyone? I would have to think that this is the case for any disease. Diseases are harder on those with weaker immune systems, which almost always includes the elderly.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Rich K » Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.


Image

User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6592
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 am
Very interesting data of the age demographics of those killed by the virus nationally, and specifically in the worst hit states.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1262 ... 47872.html
Does that surprise anyone? I would have to think that this is the case for any disease. Diseases are harder on those with weaker immune systems, which almost always includes the elderly.
Exactly. Maybe we should be quarantining those at risk, and the rest of the country should return to some sense of normality.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 am
Very interesting data of the age demographics of those killed by the virus nationally, and specifically in the worst hit states.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1262 ... 47872.html
Does that surprise anyone? I would have to think that this is the case for any disease. Diseases are harder on those with weaker immune systems, which almost always includes the elderly.
Exactly. Maybe we should be quarantining those at risk, and the rest of the country should return to some sense of normality.
Isn't that what the country is doing? Seems to have some sense of normal to me. :shrug:


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.
What shutdown? We are moving toward normalcy. As of today every state is now partially open for the first time in about two months. Yes! more testing would be great. We really need to ramp that up.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Rich K » Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.
No. We don't need widespread testing, it's a waste of time. If you are healthy today you might be sick tomorrow. That's how this life thing works, and living has a 100% mortality rate.

We need widespread economic activity. That's how lives are saved.


Image

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.
No. We don't need widespread testing, it's a waste of time. If you are healthy today you might be sick tomorrow. That's how this life thing works, and living has a 100% mortality rate.

We need widespread economic activity. That's how lives are saved.
Sorry, but I don’t agree. Testing for antibodies will help us understand who has had already it. If we have built some herd immunity, we can return to normalcy. Otherwise, if we see 100 new cases in Montana, the state will react by shutting down the economy again.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4346
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by ilovethecats » Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-more-stat ... 34815.html

Been almost a month now. Georgia got blasted for re-opening. It was “too dangerous” and would lead to so many more cases. Except it didn’t. Not even close. Other states are following suit.

They must have gotten really lucky like Montana did. Lockdowns are the only solution and it just doesn’t make sense for this to happen!



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Rich K » Wed May 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.
No. We don't need widespread testing, it's a waste of time. If you are healthy today you might be sick tomorrow. That's how this life thing works, and living has a 100% mortality rate.

We need widespread economic activity. That's how lives are saved.
Sorry, but I don’t agree. Testing for antibodies will help us understand who has had already it. If we have built some herd immunity, we can return to normalcy. Otherwise, if we see 100 new cases in Montana, the state will react by shutting down the economy again.
Only if people insist on allowing such an insane reaction.


Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:11 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-more-stat ... 34815.html

Been almost a month now. Georgia got blasted for re-opening. It was “too dangerous” and would lead to so many more cases. Except it didn’t. Not even close. Other states are following suit.

They must have gotten really lucky like Montana did. Lockdowns are the only solution and it just doesn’t make sense for this to happen!
:lol:


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... LkWFYu5yrM

Quit the insanity. Everybody return to work. Quit killing people.
Wow. Crazy... Time to start moving towards normalcy. I really think we need some widespread testing for antibodies to determine just how many people have already had the disease and never were diagnosed.
No. We don't need widespread testing, it's a waste of time. If you are healthy today you might be sick tomorrow. That's how this life thing works, and living has a 100% mortality rate.

We need widespread economic activity. That's how lives are saved.
Sorry, but I don’t agree. Testing for antibodies will help us understand who has had already it. If we have built some herd immunity, we can return to normalcy. Otherwise, if we see 100 new cases in Montana, the state will react by shutting down the economy again.
Only if people insist on allowing such an insane reaction.
If you don't test, then no one will have it. Problem solved!


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4215
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by RickRund » Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Did I hear correctly that Hawaii has not even entered phase 1, still in full lockdown and at 37% unemployment?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13881
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 pm
Did I hear correctly that Hawaii has not even entered phase 1, still in full lockdown and at 37% unemployment?
Hawaii

Gov. David Ige on May 5 announced a plan to ease the stay-at-home restrictions in place, calling it a “safer-at-home” plan.

On May 7, in the first phase of the plan, a number of businesses were allowed to open, including shopping malls, car washes, pet grooming, elective surgery, nonprofit organizations, and in-person retail businesses as long as social distancing is maintained.

Beaches are now open for exercising such as jogging, running or walking and on May 13 the governor said that recreational activities can take place on some beaches starting May 15.

People in Kauai to return to the beaches as long as they are in groups of no more than 10 people from the same household.

The state is continuing to discourage visitors to the islands for now, as anyone arriving from out of state must immediately quarantine for 14 days.

Groups of two people or more are now allowed to fish for subsistence or commercial purposes, Ige said earlier. A previous restriction limited such gatherings to two people.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 pm
Did I hear correctly that Hawaii has not even entered phase 1, still in full lockdown and at 37% unemployment?
Hawaii

Gov. David Ige on May 5 announced a plan to ease the stay-at-home restrictions in place, calling it a “safer-at-home” plan.

On May 7, in the first phase of the plan, a number of businesses were allowed to open, including shopping malls, car washes, pet grooming, elective surgery, nonprofit organizations, and in-person retail businesses as long as social distancing is maintained.

Beaches are now open for exercising such as jogging, running or walking and on May 13 the governor said that recreational activities can take place on some beaches starting May 15.

People in Kauai to return to the beaches as long as they are in groups of no more than 10 people from the same household.

The state is continuing to discourage visitors to the islands for now, as anyone arriving from out of state must immediately quarantine for 14 days.

Groups of two people or more are now allowed to fish for subsistence or commercial purposes, Ige said earlier. A previous restriction limited such gatherings to two people.
I saw a stat that is hard to believe. Hawaii averaged 30,000 tourists per day in May, 2019. It is currently about 200 to 300 per day this May.



Post Reply