Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:17 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:00 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:03 am
wapiti wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 am
The lockdown protesters had it right.

https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/lockdownlunacy

"locking down society was a bone-headed policy decision so devastating to society that historians may judge it as the all-time worst decision ever made."
I agree with all of this but I’m sure it’s mainly faulty info for one reason or another.
I dunno, I can think of a few pretty bad decisions in US history:
Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

But yea sure this one is the worst.
Won't argue that. We've had some doozies over the years for sure.

It'll be interesting to see just how bad of a decision it was. :wink:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 am

Some good news on the COVID front:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health ... li=BBnb7Kz
Trial results announced on Tuesday showed dexamethasone, which is used to reduce inflammation in other diseases such as arthritis, reduced death rates by around a third among the most severely ill of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital.

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:17 pm
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

"locking down society was a bone-headed policy decision so devastating to society that historians may judge it as the all-time worst decision ever made."
I agree with all of this but I’m sure it’s mainly faulty info for one reason or another.
Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

Coronavirus is now the fourth biggest killer of Americans:
1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

I think you can add not telling anyone about the Spanish Flu can be added to bad decision. Also, add pretending that coronavirus wouldn't come to America and that it would be gone by April, then it'd be gone by summer.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:57 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

I think you can add not telling anyone about the Spanish Flu can be added to bad decision. Also, add pretending that coronavirus wouldn't come to America and that it would be gone by April, then it'd be gone by summer.
Fourth biggest killer compared to what? Just those wars you cited?

I'd ask you why you used only those wars as a comparison but obviously I already know the answer. :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:57 pm
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

I'd ask you why you used only those wars as a comparison but obviously I already know the answer. :lol:
The ol' Spanish Flu War of 1918! :lol:

Coronavirus, like Spanish Flu and a war, is an event, not (hopefully) a perpetual disease, so I suppose that's why it's categorized as such.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:33 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

Coronavirus, like Spanish Flu and a war, is an event, not (hopefully) a perpetual disease, so I suppose that's why it's categorized as such.

Ok that's what I thought. Was curious why we wouldn't compare it to other illnesses that will kill far more people? But I totally get that won't fit the narrative and I can appreciate that. But you'll have to excuse me if I'm just not very scared, and the fact that a virus has killed more people than some wars doesn't do much for me.

Wonder why people don't compare other forms of death to the Civil War and WWII? :-k

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:42 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:33 pm
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

Ok that's what I thought. Was curious why we wouldn't compare it to other illnesses that will kill far more people? But I totally get that won't fit the narrative and I can appreciate that. But you'll have to excuse me if I'm just not very scared, and the fact that a virus has killed more people than some wars doesn't do much for me.

Wonder why people don't compare other forms of death to the Civil War and WWII? :-k
Probably because they're perpetual. Cancer, flu, pneumonia are around all the time in some form or another. Wars, pandemics have endings.

I'm with ya on not being scared. I'd get scared if I was being put in ICU with coronavirus (or any other malady) or if my car was careening down a ditch or if someone was holding a gun to my head. Not scared sitting around here in Montana with our low numbers and deaths.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:31 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:33 pm
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Slavery
Segregation
Southern Secession
Prohibition

1) Civil War
2) WWII
3) Spanish flu
4) Coronavirus
5) WWI

The liberal left media absolutely blows me away with their narrative. Cohen tries to make Trump the scapegoat for the pandemic, yet numerous Dem leaders said Trump was overreacting when he banned travel with China. Biden called him xenophobic and a fear mongerer. Pelosi invited people to Chinatown and Gov Cuomo stayed NYC was open for business in defiance to Trumps warnings.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm

How confident would we be with Biden guiding us through this pandemic?

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-stumbles-t ... 59533.html

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:44 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for asking! Trump does stuff like this daily, you had to go back two months to retrieve this story. How confident would I be? Immeasurably more confident than I am in Trump. Even if I'm not very confident in Biden, I'm still light years more confident in him than Trump. But I'm very confident in Biden and the people that he'll surround himself with (and actually listen to). I'm not confident in Trump to do anything, mainly because he rarely listens to the people around him and when he does, it's because they practically had to hold him down and force him to. That's just the facts of the matter. Call it TTS = Trump Truth Syndrome. \:D/ \:D/

Trump can't lift a glass of water up to his mouth with one hand and could barely negotiate a ramp that Biden has been seen running on. He's neither mentally, nor physically fit to command.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:44 am
Cataholic wrote:

Thanks for asking! Trump does stuff like this daily, you had to go back two months to retrieve this story. How confident would I be? Immeasurably more confident than I am in Trump. Even if I'm not very confident in Biden, I'm still light years more confident in him than Trump. But I'm very confident in Biden and the people that he'll surround himself with (and actually listen to). I'm not confident in Trump to do anything, mainly because he rarely listens to the people around him and when he does, it's because they practically had to hold him down and force him to. That's just the facts of the matter. Call it TTS = Trump Truth Syndrome. \:D/ \:D/

Trump can't lift a glass of water up to his mouth with one hand and could barely negotiate a ramp that Biden has been seen running on. He's neither mentally, nor physically fit to command.
Like another post said. You deflect. Turn the narrative to Trump because Sleepy Joe is such a bad candidate. We all get it. You have an agenda.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Like another post said. You deflect. Turn the narrative to Trump because Sleepy Joe is such a bad candidate. We all get it. You have an agenda.
The HATE towards Trump is incredible. I see no area where biden would be an improvement.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

The HATE towards Trump is incredible. I see no area where biden would be an improvement.
:lol: :lol: Not hating on Trump, just pointing out what a complete idiot his is, that he makes Joe Biden look like a nuclear physicist. I've been going along with your Sleepy Joe stuff, but as bad as he looks, he looks fantastic standing next to Shuffles the Clown. Trump made Biden look like Usain Bolt when he was shuffling down that ramp. \:D/ \:D/

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 pm

We should skip the election and just have a race down that ramp! Cuz when the phone rings at 3am, thats what matters most.
:lol: :lol:

24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Sure hope this is a hoax.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Sure hope this is a hoax.
It's true. That bad Trump should have learned from the rioters, as none of the pre-testing showed any positives for those events.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:53 am

45 is a pathological liar and a carnival huckster. I will believe anyone off the street will tell more truth than him.

Ted Cruz’s father plotted to kill JFK. Right.

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Well this isn't good news... Caution was thrown out the window, and now all Americans will pay the price. :( ](*,) :(

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 279369001/

technoCat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm

https://www.bitchute.com/video/YiKShOGba94/

Pretty long but for those that enjoy a good conspiracy theory!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

I'm only surprised that CNN actually ran this story.

Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped coronavirus patients survive better
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/h ... index.html
(CNN)A surprising new study found that the controversial antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine helped patients better survive in the hospital.

A team at Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan said Thursday its study of 2,541 hospitalized patients found that those given hydroxychloroquine were much less likely to die.

Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug. The team looked back at everyone treated in the hospital system since the first patient in March...