Sounds like Vindman incriminates Hunter Biden...

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Sounds like Vindman incriminates Hunter Biden...

Post by RickRund » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Biden should be called but schiffty will probably block it...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/witnesses ... 270%20days

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sounds like Vindman incriminates Hunter Biden...

Post by allcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 am

Biden will not be called. This is totally about trying to get trump. It is also not under court rules, the chairman gets to make the rules. There is nothing more worthless than public congressional hearings.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 am

Why would Biden testify about Trump asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 am
Biden will not be called. This is totally about trying to get trump. It is also not under court rules, the chairman gets to make the rules. There is nothing more worthless than public congressional hearings.
Pretty sure the rules are the same rules developed by Trey Gowdy and used during the Benghazi investigation for 3 years???

Treys a good person.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am

77matcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 am
allcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 am
Pretty sure the rules are the same rules developed by Trey Gowdy and used during the Benghazi investigation for 3 years???

Treys a good person.
No they have been changed significantly by the Dem's specifically for this hearing. Did you not pay attention to why the Rep's outraged about the rules changes in the beginning. Granted the MSM did not cover it much, still the information was out there.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 am

No. I didn’t.

I did see the discovery provisions were the same as Trey’s.

Please provide a source so I can be educated.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am

77matcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 am
No. I didn’t.

Maybe I should clarify, you said they were no different than the Benghazi hearings, and I'm not sure about that, but it is a straw man argument since the Benghazi hearings were not an impeachment hearing. What I do know for fact is that these hearing are using different rules that any previous impeachment proceedings. The biggest difference is that in both Nixon and Clinton the WH had the right to counsel, in this hearing they do not.

I think you should research it yourself, your ignorance is not my responsibility.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:29 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am
77matcat wrote:
No. I didn’t.

Maybe I should clarify, you said they were no different than the Benghazi hearings, and I'm not sure about that, but it is a straw man argument since the Benghazi hearings were not an impeachment hearing. What I do know for fact is that these hearing are using different rules that any previous impeachment proceedings. The biggest difference is that in both Nixon and Clinton the WH had the right to counsel, in this hearing they do not.

I think you should research it yourself, your ignorance is not my responsibility.
It's my understanding the house rules changed significantly back in 2015 to increase power to the majority party. Back then the majority party was the republican party. The current majority party (democrats) now seem to be pretty happy about this rule change.

I'm not sure if they have change significantly since then.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:29 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:18 am
77matcat wrote:
No. I didn’t.

It's my understanding the house rules changed significantly back in 2015 to increase power to the majority party. Back then the majority party was the republican party. The current majority party (democrats) now seem to be pretty happy about this rule change.

I'm not sure if they have change significantly since then.
What I am talking about is specifics that are in the "Impeachment Inquiry Resolution" that we not in previous "Impeachment Resolutions"

This one is being done very differently than it has been in the past

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Don’t believe the constitution establishes any rules. Just states the house will investigate and senate will try. The house determines the rules they will use like they did when Clinton was impeached. Nothing wrong with this.

If this does make it to the senate Moscow Mitch and the Chief Justice will determine process there I believe.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Is the Senate required to try? I hope they can just skip that, vote it down and we can all move on from this charade. Trial or not, that's what's going to happen.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm
Is the Senate required to try? I hope they can just skip that, vote it down and we can all move on from this charade. Trial or not, that's what's going to happen.
If they have 51 votes they don't have to have a trial. Romney and a couple other will mess that up.

If they do have a trial they executive will be able to call witnesses and have some level of discovery, determined by Justice Roberts. All senators will have to be present and they are talking about doing it for 6-8 weeks 6 days a week during the early primary season, thus tying down several dem candidates.

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by RickRund » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm
If they have 51 votes they don't have to have a trial. Romney and a couple other will mess that up.

If they do have a trial they executive will be able to call witnesses and have some level of discovery, determined by Justice Roberts. All senators will have to be present and they are talking about doing it for 6-8 weeks 6 days a week during the early primary season, thus tying down several dem candidates.
There are still 6 dem senators in the race. Should they be required to recuse themselves? And Gabbard, should she required to recuse herself?