Quote by member of impeachment committee

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Quote by member of impeachment committee

Post by RickRund » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:37 pm

John K wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am
77matcat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:26 am
Given economies are like battleships, they don’t turn on a dime, the only thing 45 has accomplished is not to have F’ed up the trend that started at the end of the Great Recession. If you need a reminded of why the Great Recession started lease just google.

Although he hasn’t F’ed the current trend the huge debt he’s incurred giving the top 1% a tax break does jeopardize future performance. Don’t worry. Your children and grandchildren will take care of it.

He’s good at creating a sound byte story. I’m amazed by the folks that eat it hook line and sinker.

Ive forgotten, who’s father was involved with the Kennedy assassination???

If this were a reality show it would be entertaining.

Oh wait.
Obama inherited an economy that was on the verge of a total meltdown, and had it humming along very strongly when he handed it off to Trump. Trump inherited a very strong economy, and has done nothing more than maintain it at approximately the same level. Actually, a million more jobs were created during the last 30 months under Obama, than during the first 30 months under Trump. Yet somehow the Trumpies would have you believe that Obama was leading us down the path to economic ruin, until Trump came along to save the day. You really have to suspend any sort of logical thinking to buy into that narrative. Remember how Trump always used to say the numbers were phony when he was running for President? And yet, he's never questioned the validity of the economic stats since he came into office, has he? It's like if there was a football coach who inherited a 1-10 team, and a few years later they went 10-1. Then the new coach comes along and goes 10-1 again (or maybe just 9-2) but the fans thinks the first guy was a bum, and the 2nd guy is a hero. That doesn't really make any sense does it?
Name policies he enacted.
About our manufacturing he said those days are long gone. There was no magic wand to wave that will bring them back.
You didn't build that.
Slowest recovery ever!!!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Economists have studied the pjesus out of the 08 meltdown and subsequent recovery. The verdict is that financial failures have historically taken much longer to recover from. The Bush 08 meltdown was no different. The forward momentum created by the 8 years of recovery prior to 45 created the confidence that boosted reivestment.

The 45 tax cut has already been determined to have the same impact on the economy as trickledown economics. Small to nada. Companies bought back stock and folks that were to trickle absorbed like a spunge.

We do have a chunk more debt though. I’m guessing the next tax cut will pay for it.

😂🤣😂

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 am
John K wrote:
77matcat wrote:
Given economies are like battleships, they don’t turn on a dime, the only thing 45 has accomplished is not to have F’ed up the trend that started at the end of the Great Recession. If you need a reminded of why the Great Recession started lease just google.

Although he hasn’t F’ed the current trend the huge debt he’s incurred giving the top 1% a tax break does jeopardize future performance. Don’t worry. Your children and grandchildren will take care of it.

He’s good at creating a sound byte story. I’m amazed by the folks that eat it hook line and sinker.

Oh wait.
Obama inherited an economy that was on the verge of a total meltdown, and had it humming along very strongly when he handed it off to Trump. Trump inherited a very strong economy, and has done nothing more than maintain it at approximately the same level. Actually, a million more jobs were created during the last 30 months under Obama, than during the first 30 months under Trump. Yet somehow the Trumpies would have you believe that Obama was leading us down the path to economic ruin, until Trump came along to save the day. You really have to suspend any sort of logical thinking to buy into that narrative. Remember how Trump always used to say the numbers were phony when he was running for President? And yet, he's never questioned the validity of the economic stats since he came into office, has he? It's like if there was a football coach who inherited a 1-10 team, and a few years later they went 10-1. Then the new coach comes along and goes 10-1 again (or maybe just 9-2) but the fans thinks the first guy was a bum, and the 2nd guy is a hero. That doesn't really make any sense does it?
Here is why I don't believe that Obama and his policies have anything to do with the current economy and why I think Trumps policies do.

I work for a company that manufactures a product for food distribution companies internationally, (think Walmart, Costco, Sams, Kroger, Albertsons ect...)
For the 8 years of Obama we were on hold, selling only necessary upgrades, very few new distribution warehouses were being built. We were told by several of our customers that "Plans were being made for new buildings but they were waiting for the economy to change". As soon as Trump was elected we started getting calls. 2017 was almost 40% above the best of the Obama years. 2018 and 2019 have each been better than the previous year.

My wages and bonuses were pretty stagnate throughout the Obama years, in 2017 that changed, in addition my taxes decreased. This happened across the company. I'm not upper management, the improvements in take home pay have shown for everyone, from the factory floor on up.

What we have been told is that the biggest factor urging these companies to build at the time they have is the relaxation of unneeded regulations and improvements to the tax burden on these corporations.

You may say that it is the 1% getting these tax breaks, but it simply isn't true, there has been a huge reinvestment of capital in the last 3 years and companies like the one I work for have benefited greatly from it.

Remember the "Those jobs are not coming back". Well Obama was talking about my manufacturing job when he said that. Now under Trump not only is my job safe, but we have more people on the payroll than ever.
You can always find anecdotal evidence to support your position, whatever it may be, and you can also cite many examples of people who are worse off under Trump than they were under Obama, with farmers being exhibit A.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:23 am

77matcat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:30 pm
Economists have studied the pjesus out of the 08 meltdown and subsequent recovery. The verdict is that financial failures have historically taken much longer to recover from. The Bush 08 meltdown was no different. The forward momentum created by the 8 years of recovery prior to 45 created the confidence that boosted reivestment.

The 45 tax cut has already been determined to have the same impact on the economy as trickledown economics. Small to nada. Companies bought back stock and folks that were to trickle absorbed like a spunge.

We do have a chunk more debt though. I’m guessing the next tax cut will pay for it.

😂🤣😂
Right...just like the last one was going to pay for itself, which of course turned out to be just another Trump lie. Remember when Republicans ranted about the evils of budget deficits under Obama, but now that the deficit has exploded under Trump...crickets.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:53 am

John K wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:23 am
77matcat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:30 pm

😂🤣😂
Right...just like the last one was going to pay for itself, which of course turned out to be just another Trump lie. Remember when Republicans ranted about the evils of budget deficits under Obama, but now that the deficit has exploded under Trump...crickets.
I don't like any budget deficits, it should be balanced. When you now have a dim complaining about Republican deficits, it is just someone grasping at straws. No one in Washington gives a sh"t about deficits, unfortunately . I just can't imagine if Hillary would have been elected, we would have lost the Supreme Court for decades. When you have a lib court they rule everything, congress means nothing.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 am

It is also interesting to hear dems bemoan getting out of these wars.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 am

How you accomplish your goal is often more important than its accomplishment, unless you’re autistic or have attention deficit disorder and only see yourself.

Oh oh or your a stable genius that talks at a 4th grade level.

😂🤣😂🤣

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 am

John K wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 am
John K wrote:
77matcat wrote:

Oh wait.
Here is why I don't believe that Obama and his policies have anything to do with the current economy and why I think Trumps policies do.

I work for a company that manufactures a product for food distribution companies internationally, (think Walmart, Costco, Sams, Kroger, Albertsons ect...)
For the 8 years of Obama we were on hold, selling only necessary upgrades, very few new distribution warehouses were being built. We were told by several of our customers that "Plans were being made for new buildings but they were waiting for the economy to change". As soon as Trump was elected we started getting calls. 2017 was almost 40% above the best of the Obama years. 2018 and 2019 have each been better than the previous year.

My wages and bonuses were pretty stagnate throughout the Obama years, in 2017 that changed, in addition my taxes decreased. This happened across the company. I'm not upper management, the improvements in take home pay have shown for everyone, from the factory floor on up.

What we have been told is that the biggest factor urging these companies to build at the time they have is the relaxation of unneeded regulations and improvements to the tax burden on these corporations.

You may say that it is the 1% getting these tax breaks, but it simply isn't true, there has been a huge reinvestment of capital in the last 3 years and companies like the one I work for have benefited greatly from it.

Remember the "Those jobs are not coming back". Well Obama was talking about my manufacturing job when he said that. Now under Trump not only is my job safe, but we have more people on the payroll than ever.
You can always find anecdotal evidence to support your position, whatever it may be, and you can also cite many examples of people who are worse off under Trump than they were under Obama, with farmers being exhibit A.
Its not simply anecdotal, I talking about my life, my neighbors and co-workers and how they have been affected. This is happening in Lewistown Montana, not Silicone Valley or Seattle Washington.

there are plenty of factual arguments for Trump, Unemployment, GDP, DOW, Jobs Reports and it goes on and on.

Meanwhile the other side is still reciting DNC and MSM talking points from 2016.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:25 am

77matcat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 am
How you accomplish your goal is often more important than its accomplishment, unless you’re autistic or have attention deficit disorder and only see yourself.

Oh oh or your a stable genius that talks at a 4th grade level.

😂🤣😂🤣
So who is arguing their point using immature language?

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am

The first paragraph is solid.

The second does take a dip to 4th grade. But hey it works for 45.

😂🤣😂

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 am

77matcat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am
The first paragraph is solid.

The second does take a dip to 4th grade. But hey it works for 45.

😂🤣😂
The first was a platitude and promotes that any disagreement is due to mental disorder, it reeks of 4th grade name calling.

the 4th grade translation of your statement is '"i'm morally better than you, and your a tard"

It really contributes nothing to the discussion

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 am

That is your interpretation. It does refer to having problems with delaying gratification not judgment re any individual. You weaponized.

45s level of speech is well documented. Not my personal assessment, but not difficult to recognize.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:33 am

But as long as your pointing a finger at me, let me help. I believe that Rex Tillerson has 45 pegged.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:54 am

77matcat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 am
That is your interpretation. It does refer to having problems with delaying gratification not judgment re any individual. You weaponized.

45s level of speech is well documented. Not my personal assessment, but not difficult to recognize.
thats your clarification? I don't even know what jibber jabber you are trying to say, and you are being critical of Trump's communication skills

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:01 pm

In a word.

Yes

😀😀😀

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am

77matcat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:01 pm
In a word.

Yes

😀😀😀
When you have no real arguments you revert to name calling and straw men.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:40 am

😁😁😁😁

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am
77matcat wrote:
In a word.

Yes

😀😀😀
A Trump supporter calling someone out for name calling? You've got to be kidding me!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am

John K wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 am
allcat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am
77matcat wrote:
In a word.

Yes

😀😀😀
A Trump supporter calling someone out for name calling? You've got to be kidding me!
So by putting that on me , you create one of your mystical straw men. The guy fights back against the never ending fake accusations.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 am

I believe I just agreed with the post that I was being critical of 45s communication skills.

Yes. Yes I was. Most folks no matter what their political position is agree, unless you also communicate at a 4th grade level or less.

Just sharing what communications experts who have studied this topic have found.

There are very very good good people on both sides. Very very good information.