Champ at Pride in Helena

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.


Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by seataccat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.


Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:
To claim it wasn't homophobic to take a jab at champ supporting the parade is pretty weak dude. Go back to your mod job at egriz where you belong.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm guessing he/she has her/his hands full with its BS posts over there as well. :lol:


Go Cats Go! FTG

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:13 pm

seataccat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.


Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:
To claim it wasn't homophobic to take a jab at champ supporting the parade is pretty weak dude. Go back to your mod job at egriz where you belong.
I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13224
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.


Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:
To claim it wasn't homophobic to take a jab at champ supporting the parade is pretty weak dude. Go back to your mod job at egriz where you belong.
I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
It’s economically correct. A majority of Americans support gay rights. Once those two things happen political correctness becomes an afterthought and using that term to prop up your argument is a sign of desperation. If you are unable to realize that it’s a sign that time has passed you by.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

MSU01
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
They will get zero bad press from this outside of meaningless posts on message boards and internet comment sections. The idea that this opens up MSU to potential lawsuits if the university declines to send Champ to other events is simply ludicrous and you are grasping at straws located in a different galaxy. It's all about the money, just like it was when Greg Gianforte showed up with his big check to have the CS department named after him.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm

And if Monte had gone to Helena instead of Champ.. you would all have a change of mind.

But that is the bobcat way.


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
They will get zero bad press from this outside of meaningless posts on message boards and internet comment sections. The idea that this opens up MSU to potential lawsuits if the university declines to send Champ to other events is simply ludicrous and you are grasping at straws located in a different galaxy. It's all about the money, just like it was when Greg Gianforte showed up with his big check to have the CS department named after him.
Just wait and see...

and I said bad press and possible litigation, again reading matters


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.


Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:
To claim it wasn't homophobic to take a jab at champ supporting the parade is pretty weak dude. Go back to your mod job at egriz where you belong.
I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
It’s economically correct. A majority of Americans support gay rights. Once those two things happen political correctness becomes an afterthought and using that term to prop up your argument is a sign of desperation. If you are unable to realize that it’s a sign that time has passed you by.
Or...
Last edited by Go Scats Go on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 pm

[quote="Go Scats Go"]And if Monte had gone to Helena instead of Champ.. you would all have a change of mind.

But that is the bobcat way.[/quote]
Not hardly. Just look at the thread you started on egriz. Most Griz fans disagreed with you. The nation is solidly on the side of the LGBTQ folks and the UM and MSU alumni is most likely a similar split. That has been reflected on both boards. That along with the economics of the situation put the ‘anti-mascot at LGBTQ parades’ in a very difficult spot.

Anyone seeking recourse against MSU over this will do a lot more damage to themselves than MSU. In fact it would probably be good for MSU by shining light on its already good reputation of acceptance. A likely increase in out of state students.



User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:23 pm

iaafan wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:And if Monte had gone to Helena instead of Champ.. you would all have a change of mind.

But that is the bobcat way.
Not hardly. Just look at the thread you started on egriz. Most Griz fans disagreed with you. The nation is solidly on the side of the LGBTQ folks and the UM and MSU alumni is most likely a similar split. That has been reflected on both boards. That along with the economics of the situation put the ‘anti-mascot at LGBTQ parades’ in a very difficult spot.

Anyone seeking recourse against MSU over this will do a lot more damage to themselves than MSU. In fact it would probably be good for MSU by shining light on its already good reputation of acceptance. A likely increase in out of state students.
Actually most fans are scared to tackle this issue. They see what happens when someone disagrees with the PC crowd


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


GO CATS GO!!!

Image
Image

MSU01
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen, he's on my ignore list for a reason and I think I'll leave it that way and stop engaging with him. Another kudos from me to MSU for doing this and I'll leave it at that!


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait...


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Said the Cat who has no liability. Segregation? It's not because Champ was at this event. It's that MSU has picked and choose who Champ walks with. I got married once. Four brother's were in our wedding party. But nice try. PM me. Would love for you to see how anti anything I am.
Huh? Ease up, tough guy. Hard to make much sense out of this rambling jibberish. I wasn’t calling you out for anything, and I wasn’t calling out anyone for being racist. I was likening the current LGBTQ issue (and the acceptance of those people) to the very similar political climate during the days of segregation. Not that racism is gone, sadly, but I think the vast majority of Americans support equal rights for minorities. I think that in 50 years, although there will surely still be those who harbor homophobia, the vast majority of Americans will support equal rights for all people regardless of sexual orientation, and they will wonder what the hell people were thinking back in the 201x’s when that still bothered people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


GO CATS GO!!!

Image
Image

MSU01
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Said the Cat who has no liability. Segregation? It's not because Champ was at this event. It's that MSU has picked and choose who Champ walks with. I got married once. Four brother's were in our wedding party. But nice try. PM me. Would love for you to see how anti anything I am.
Huh? Ease up, tough guy. Hard to make much sense out of this rambling jibberish. I wasn’t calling you out for anything, and I wasn’t calling out anyone for being racist. I was likening the current LGBTQ issue (and the acceptance of those people) to the very similar political climate during the days of segregation. Not that racism is gone, sadly, but I think the vast majority of Americans support equal rights for minorities. I think that in 50 years, although there will surely still be those who harbor homophobia, the vast majority of Americans will support equal rights for all people regardless of sexual orientation, and they will wonder what the hell people were thinking back in the 201x’s when that still bothered people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/chan ... -marriage/

The data here is stunning. 2002-2018 is not a long time period with how slowly viewpoints on social issues tend to move.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8912
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait...
Come back when this gets bad press or litigation.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait...
Come back when this gets bad press or litigation.
Will be back to this issue when and if it happens...


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9438
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: I know you have a hard time following along... but the jab was not at gay people, but at an administration that is so blind at msu that it does whats politically correct without looking at the possible outcomes. The action of "Champ" going to the parade will lead to problems when other groups want him there. They have opened themselves up for bad press and possible litigation. I don't think either is needed, but in this sue happy society no university should open up that can of worms. Oh and if Monte did this I would be saying the same things. This was simply a bad idea by the msu administration
The simple fact that this clown thinks it was a bad idea by the MSU administration further strengthens my feelings about this being a very good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait...
Come back when this gets bad press or litigation.
You lost credibility on here years ago, not sure why you keep coming back. It’s awkward, uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Reminds me of when George costanza tried coming back to work after quitting.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3551
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:Why not send him? MSU is a huge-tent campus, and must (and should want to) be viewed as welcoming and tolerant of all creeds, colors, and orientations of students. It isn't and doesn't have to be a political issue, simply about embracing tolerance and using a symbol of the university to do so. There has to be more pressing things to worry about than this. :roll:
My thoughts exactly! The most urgent issues, in my opinion, is getting two DL who can come in this fall and be in the rotation the by the first game or we're going to need more cornerbacks!

Then, get some kids who can catch a football! And what about the basketball team? Lord, some people need to get their priorities straightened out! Worrying about whether or not our mascot goes to a Pride activity...geezzzz!

Great post! I would love a 6'11" center who can score in the post, defend, and rebound in double figures; and his color,creed, sexual orientation, or politics would not even cross my mind.


2019...Bobcats kicking booty

Post Reply