Soooooooo...Russia

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am

So now openly in front of God and everyone the President of the United States of America asked Chinese and Ukraine governments to investigate a political opponent? Am I missing something? Is this real life?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:52 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am
So now openly in front of God and everyone the President of the United States of America asked Chinese and Ukraine governments to investigate a political opponent? Am I missing something? Is this real life?
he is asking those governments to investigate corruption by american officials, I don't see how you can possibly think that is a bad thing and that corruption is a good thing :roll:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:52 am
wbtfg wrote:
he is asking those governments to investigate corruption by american officials, I don't see how you can possibly think that is a bad thing and that corruption is a good thing :roll:
So far I've only read the twitter headlines and haven't taken a deep dive, but I'd be interested in learning more about this without getting into name calling/insults, etc. Is there precedent for POTUS to publically request a foreign government to investigate a political opponent?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:15 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
So far I've only read the twitter headlines and haven't taken a deep dive, but I'd be interested in learning more about this without getting into name calling/insults, etc. Is there precedent for POTUS to publically request a foreign government to investigate a political opponent?
For anyone who doesn't think this is politically motivated, I would ask why Trump only started paying attention to this, once Biden emerged as the Democratic front runner? A Trump fan calling out anyone else for corruption, is the ultimate in hypocrisy. The guy who campaigned on draining the swamp, has only made it swampier than ever. Speaking of hypocrisy, has anyone noticed how much higher Lindsay Graham is setting the bar for what he considers to be impeachable offenses, than he did 20 years ago?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:20 am

wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Are you serious, you know nothing about what Biden did in Ukraine?

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:20 am
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
There seem to be conflicting reports on what Biden "did" based on what news outlets a person chooses follow. If you have a well sourced story from a non-partisan outlet you'd like to share, I'm happy to read it. That said, that's not really the point of this, is it?

Is there precedent for a sitting United States President to publically request foreign governments to investigate a political opponent?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:33 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 am
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
There seem to be conflicting reports on what Biden "did" based on what news outlets a person chooses follow. If you have a well sourced story from a non-partisan outlet you'd like to share, I'm happy to read it. That said, that's not really the point of this, is it?

Is there precedent for a sitting United States President to publically request foreign governments to investigate a political opponent?
We there is a treaty with Ukraine from the 90's specifically about cooperating in investigations, so yeah, its obviously thought to be accepted and expected that we would ask each other for investigative assistance in rooting out corruption. he initially didn't do it publicly, with with the fake news providing cover for Biden, it has to be done in the open otherwise people who only get their news from CNN/MSNBC ect... would not know.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 am

wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
well sourced story from a non-partisan outlet
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:33 am
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

We there is a treaty with Ukraine from the 90's specifically about cooperating in investigations, so yeah, its obviously thought to be accepted and expected that we would ask each other for investigative assistance in rooting out corruption. he initially didn't do it publicly, with with the fake news providing cover for Biden, it has to be done in the open otherwise people who only get their news from CNN/MSNBC ect... would not know.
While Fox News is completely "fair and balanced"...right?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:43 am

cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

"Cooperating with investigations" seems like a major stretch here, don't you think? Does this treaty supercede laws about enlisting the help of foreign countries to win an election?

As for being open about it...it wasn't open until it was, right? Didn't the Whitehouse keep the transcript of the now infamous "call" in a secret private server?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:43 am
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

"Cooperating with investigations" seems like a major stretch here, don't you think? Does this treaty supercede laws about enlisting the help of foreign countries to win an election?

As for being open about it...it wasn't open until it was, right? Didn't the Whitehouse keep the transcript of the now infamous "call" in a secret private server?
I'm about to just give up on you, this is about the densest argument I have heard. Of course it was kept out of public, it was two presidents discussing other governments leaders, therefore it was classified, as all these types of conversations are. It wasn't about a political opponent it was about corruption, if you don't want your politician to be investigated don't support corrupt politicians. You seem to be saying that simply running for president as a democrat should insulate you from any investigations, that is not the way this should work. If you read the transcript it was about getting European countries to help Ukraine more, Trump asked a favor, to help Barr who is investigating the origins of the Dirty Dossier, and Russian meddling in the 2016 investigation, Ukrainian president expanded the corruption conversation and Trump mentions Biden having the prosecutor that was investigating Bidens son fired as another place where they could help. You should find out what that prosecutor has to say before you post further. The info is out there and its public and it not my job to inform the ignorant. Oh the US DOJ has has the prosecutors affidavit since Barr was confirmed as AG, they have been quietly investigating it out of public sight because that is how the DOJ is supposed to work to protect the innocent should the investigation find nothing. The Dems sh!tshow has brought it all out into public light.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Sooooookwbtgf you act like a turtle when nothing comes from you're investigation and then go all peacock when you think you are onto something. I think Hillary, Biden and the whole corrupt Dem party should be investigated.

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm

John K wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

While Fox News is completely "fair and balanced"...right?
That is why I always watch cnn,msnbc, the alphabet stations, etc. They always say, "we report, you decide"!!

RickRund

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 am
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I have a question here. I am looking for unbiased reporting on the story of uncle joey saying he knew nothing of his sons business dealings with Burisma. For we have an interview with his son saying they had spoken regarding that. Also a picture on a golf course WITH the representative...
We have the video/audio of shiffty being PUNKED.
On the subject of the whistleblower policy being SUDDENLY changed. It was modified in August and shiffty knew about the whistleblower in August. Do you think that they realized that the info was not first hand and the po!icy was changed to exclude first hand information? At that point they filed!!
Just tossing this in for added effect: hilary using bleachbit to scrub her private server? The old, " did you wipe your server" to which hilary replies, "oh, you mean with a rag"!!! Or 13 of hilary's blackberries being smashed with hammers. Of two of her KNOWN phone numbers. Then to go back further the travesty of the heroes of Benghazi being told to stand down. Sorry, I will believe those that were on site. Much more but this will suffice...
Please lead me to an unbiased source for news...

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Just trying to fight corruption.

There must be a bunch of countries equally if not more corrupt. 45 should provide a list of all of those that he is fighting corruption in.

😂🤣😂

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I have a question here. I am looking for unbiased reporting on the story of uncle joey saying he knew nothing of his sons business dealings with Burisma. For we have an interview with his son saying they had spoken regarding that. Also a picture on a golf course WITH the representative...
On the subject of the whistleblower policy being SUDDENLY changed. It was modified in August and shiffty knew about the whistleblower in August. Do you think that they realized that the info was not first hand and the po!icy was changed to exclude first hand information? At that point they filed!!
Just tossing this in for added effect: hilary using bleachbit to scrub her private server? The old, " did you wipe your server" to which hilary replies, "oh, you mean with a rag"!!! Or 13 of hilary's blackberries being smashed with hammers. Of two of her KNOWN phone numbers. Then to go back further the travesty of the heroes of Benghazi being told to stand down. Sorry, I will believe those that were on site. Much more but this will suffice...
I feel like I just got ran over by a fox news truck and then trampled by a breitbart parade.

Dude....I wasn't making any argument or statement about any of those things.

2506 was surprised I didn't know anything about what Biden did in Ukraine and I offered him the opportunity to educate me on the topic. I have an open mind and am willing to be educated, but I'm not interested in unconfirmed conspiracy theories or partisan hack pieces. I'm willing to read real and legit factual information.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:04 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I feel like I just got ran over by a fox news truck and then trampled by a breitbart parade.

Dude....I wasn't making any argument or statement about any of those things.

2506 was surprised I didn't know anything about what Biden did in Ukraine and I offered him the opportunity to educate me on the topic. I have an open mind and am willing to be educated, but I'm not interested in unconfirmed conspiracy theories or partisan hack pieces. I'm willing to read real and legit factual information.
I shouldn't be doing this (informing the ignorant)

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Drudge Report is about as good as you can hope for in that regard.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

RickRund

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:34 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:14 pm
He does have good sources but they are still not as unbiased enough because they come from an organization many will consider biased, if you get my drift. But some will see a report that is a video with said persons words to prove at least they have said something and then say they want an unbiased report. So I guess one could say that they will never find what they are looking for. And then I guess we have to look at intent... That turns into another rabbit hole.
Anyway, it is good to know that we here all like one thing..... GOOOOOO BOBCATS

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:37 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:14 pm
I haven’t looked at drudge in a few years, it was always my impression that it was the conservative version of Huffington post, which I also don’t read.