It is so incredibly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

It is so incredibly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:57 pm

FU*KED that this guy only gets 88 million from his winnings.

People with money get the ass raping of a lifetime in this country and this sh*t needs to stop.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525248,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: It is so incredibly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:17 am

Could be wrong, but I think he cut the payout in half when he chose to take the lump sum rather than a payout over 20 years, so the $232 M immediately dropped to $116 M. If he cleared $88 M that's only $28 M in taxes which seems more than fair (24%) for that kind of money. I seldom buy a ticket, but always figured if I won that kind of money the first thing I'd do is talk to my accountant and attorney and then make a decision. At my age I'd probably opt for the lump sum as well.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:10 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:FU*KED that this guy only gets 88 million from his winnings.

People with money get the ass raping of a lifetime in this country and this sh*t needs to stop.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525248,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are not really this stupid. Are you??

You DO understand how annuity payments work. Don't you??

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

MashTun
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MashTun » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:56 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:FU*KED that this guy only gets 88 million from his winnings.

Um....alpha..look up a concept called "the time value of money" TVOM. Loved those classes..

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry

nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nevadacat » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Alpha, point your browser here:

http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHY HAS THE CASH JACKPOT GONE DOWN?
Actually, it is the annuity jackpot that has gone UP. Most people assume that we start with the annuity, but we really start with the cash jackpot. In the Powerball game, thirty cents of every dollar sold goes into the cash jackpot pool. The difference between the cash jackpot and the annuity jackpot depends on how much we can make in interest earnings. The more interest that we can make, the higher the annuity jackpot - and the lower the cash percentage.

IS THE CASH AMOUNT THE JACKPOT AMOUNT AFTER TAXES?
No. When we advertise a prize of $100 million paid over 29 years (30 payments), we actually have less than $50 million in cash. When someone wins the jackpot and wants cash, we give them all of the cash in the jackpot prize pool.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:19 pm

None of you need to explain how this works, I got it.

I am just once again the raping of people with money.

Anyway you slice this the government didnt do ANYTHING to earn/deserve any of this money, they basically thug it from people the way the maffia has in the past, do it or else.

Fu*k them, they are gonna get theirs.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:09 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:None of you need to explain how this works, I got it.

I am just once again the raping of people with money.

Anyway you slice this the government didnt do ANYTHING to earn/deserve any of this money, they basically thug it from people the way the maffia has in the past, do it or else.

Fu*k them, they are gonna get theirs.
Good. Good. I can FEEL your anger!

Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. Keep typing these insane, senseless posts, and take Wolfman's place at my side!

;)

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:27 am

See, its amazing how many rats just hit the feeder bar and act like its OK for some entity to steal their money the way the state and local governments do.........

yet call the cops when they are mugged.

www.maroonblood.com

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:See, its amazing how many rats just hit the feeder bar and act like its OK for some entity to steal their money the way the state and local governments do.........

yet call the cops when they are mugged.
Good. Good!!

*evil Palpatine laugh*

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:20 pm

If I just won $232M and they said I only got to keep $88M of that money I would be smilling ear to ear all the way to the bank! I do think the tax laws are unfair for most everyone. I would prefer a flat percentage tax. But, I think winnings of any kind (including inheritance) should be taxed at 90%. Imagine the stimulation of the economy if all these rich old baby boomers had to spend all their money before they die.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:46 pm

gtapp wrote:If I just won $232M and they said I only got to keep $88M of that money I would be smilling ear to ear all the way to the bank! I do think the tax laws are unfair for most everyone. I would prefer a flat percentage tax. But, I think winnings of any kind (including inheritance) should be taxed at 90%. Imagine the stimulation of the economy if all these rich old baby boomers had to spend all their money before they die.
What about those trying to pass down a family business such as a car dealership, farm or ranch? Should they be taxed at 90% of the value of that business? Or, are you just talking about money?

GO CATS!!!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Its their money.

Why does everyone feel the need to tell others what they have to do with their own property?

Is it class envy.

since we are all being arbitrary................

I think all of your daughters should have to sleep with the guy next door before they can attend college.

www.maroonblood.com

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Its their money.

Why does everyone feel the need to tell others what they have to do with their own property?

Is it class envy.

since we are all being arbitrary................

I think all of your daughters should have to sleep with the guy next door before they can attend college.
And by "the guy next door," he means me. ;)

(On the greater point -- i.e., why we have to pay taxes -- it's called social contract theory. By living in a country and accepting the benefits and social order provided by such country's government, a person agrees to live by certain rules, which unfortunately includes paying taxes (even on lottery winnings). But you know that.)

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:15 pm

I don't have a problem paying taxes, but we lose a lot of family run businesses that try to turn things over to the next generation. I have seen a lot of farms and ranches and other businesses sold or closed because they can't afford to pay inheritance taxes.

GO CATS!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

canyoncat wrote:
gtapp wrote:If I just won $232M and they said I only got to keep $88M of that money I would be smilling ear to ear all the way to the bank! I do think the tax laws are unfair for most everyone. I would prefer a flat percentage tax. But, I think winnings of any kind (including inheritance) should be taxed at 90%. Imagine the stimulation of the economy if all these rich old baby boomers had to spend all their money before they die.
What about those trying to pass down a family business such as a car dealership, farm or ranch? Should they be taxed at 90% of the value of that business? Or, are you just talking about money?
Good point! You definetely want family businesses to be able to be passed down without being taxed to the point where it is impossible. That one is tricky. We need a tax expert to weigh in on this one.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 pm

It doesnt take an expert to see the government takes way to much money from people that work hard and they piss away even more than they take.

I know we need to pay some taxes but isnt 3 trillion enough?

1 trillion is too much.

They need to cut back and quit raping businesses and the productive people in this country.

www.maroonblood.com