Can someone please explain....

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WetWaderMT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Can someone please explain....

Post by WetWaderMT » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:19 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:And you know why Iran won't destroy Israel? Because they know it would lead to their own destruction.
Reminds of Operation Desert Storm. Some folks were concerned (rightly) about Hussein's chemical and biological arsenal and that he would use them because he's insane. Well, he got sane real quick when he was told that if he used them that his own destruction was assured (we bounce back with nuclear). Very few dictators would willingly guarantee their own demise.

Lil' Kim worries me more if the gets close to a nuclear weapon. I'd venture to say that he really is crazy.
You're a little late...Lil' Kim's already got 'em...tested another one this past weekend, right after he declared the cease fire w/ S. Korea null and void!
Well he "conducted a nuclear test" and fired a few short range delivery missiles. It's certainly something to keep an eye on but you make it sound like he's been lobbing nuclear weapons into the Pacific and is capable of obliterating Tokyo at the drop of a dime. That's not reality. If it was, we'd Japan and South Korea would already be demanding an assault. They aren't yet. Instead, like Obama, they're trying to form an international coalition to get them to stop. It's not the worst idea I've heard.

By the way, I did a stint in South Korea with the 2nd Infantry Division. If we would have freaked out every time he said something stupid I wouldn't have had as much fun there as I did.
You and BAC are the worst "misquoters" I've ever heard/read! Maybe, if you would get off your defensive horse and actually read what is said, not what you think is said, your comprehension would improve. They (NK) have nukes, so you're a little late w/ your quote, "Lil' Kim worries me more if the [sic] gets close to a nuclear weapon," which is all I pointed out...then you admit "he 'conducted a nuclear test.'" I never made it sound like anything else...maybe you READ something else, but that's your issue. Don't blame it on me.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 pm

WetWaderMT wrote:You and BAC are the worst "misquoters" I've ever heard/read! Maybe, if you would get off your defensive horse and actually read what is said, not what you think is said, your comprehension would improve. They (NK) have nukes, so you're a little late w/ your quote, "Lil' Kim worries me more if the [sic] gets close to a nuclear weapon," which is all I pointed out...then you admit "he 'conducted a nuclear test.'" I never made it sound like anything else...maybe you READ something else, but that's your issue. Don't blame it on me.
Sorry to misinterpret your "Lil' Kim's already got 'em...tested another one this past weekend, right after he declared the cease fire w/ S. Korea null and void!" quote to mean that it's something to lose sleep over. I'm glad you agree with me, BAC, the Pacific Asian theater, and President Obama. My apologies again.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 am

How timely ... the announcement of a new leader of NK:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/ap_ ... _successor

So now they will be led by a 26 year old emotionally detatched fat heavy drinker. Great. :roll:

But who knows ... maybe Ambassador Michael Jordan will be able to negotiate the liberalization of their government, freedom for its people and a legit and binding arms treaty!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
So now they will be led by a 26 year old emotionally detatched fat heavy drinker. Great. :roll.

Just for clarification, I WAS NOT offered the position.

Now where is my Vodka 7?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

WetWaderMT

Post by WetWaderMT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
WetWaderMT wrote:You and BAC are the worst "misquoters" I've ever heard/read! Maybe, if you would get off your defensive horse and actually read what is said, not what you think is said, your comprehension would improve. They (NK) have nukes, so you're a little late w/ your quote, "Lil' Kim worries me more if the [sic] gets close to a nuclear weapon," which is all I pointed out...then you admit "he 'conducted a nuclear test.'" I never made it sound like anything else...maybe you READ something else, but that's your issue. Don't blame it on me.
Sorry to misinterpret your "Lil' Kim's already got 'em...tested another one this past weekend, right after he declared the cease fire w/ S. Korea null and void!" quote to mean that it's something to lose sleep over. I'm glad you agree with me, BAC, the Pacific Asian theater, and President Obama. My apologies again.
Another misunderstanding...I don't agree w/ you or BAC on this at all, let alone BO. After another 9/11 or Pearl Harbor I can't wait to read how you blame President Bush for it.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:21 pm

WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
Another misunderstanding...I don't agree w/ you or BAC on this at all, let alone BO. After another 9/11 or Pearl Harbor I can't wait to read how you blame President Bush for it.
So, IF another 9/11 does occur, will it be Obama's fault?

If so, using that reasoning, the first was clearly Bush's fault, then no?

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

WetWaderMT

Post by WetWaderMT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Depends on when it happens...wouldn't you agree? Or is that too logical for ya?

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 pm

WetWaderMT wrote:Depends on when it happens...wouldn't you agree? Or is that too logical for ya?

No, I absolutely would not agree. It seems to me it would depend only on whether the event was preventable. When it happens means nothing.

Or is that too logical for ya?

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:49 am

WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
What does 9/11, Pearl Harbor, or President Bush have to do with this discussion? You corrected me a few posts ago that you didn't say that NK had the capability to launch such an offensive. So I'm assuming that, if you were concerned enough to correct my erroneous assertion, that you also don't believe NK has the capability to launch said offensive.

So it's sounds like your upset that President Obama isn't launching an attack against a nation that, in your opinion, isn't capable of inflicting any harm to us or or allies. Is that where we are now?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:32 pm

It looks like NK is trying to provoke something:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_ ... as_nuclear

Based on this and some other things I have heard, I am becoming concerned that the U.S. may, at some point in the relatively near future, be forced to do something assertive (and perhaps militarily).

I sure hope it doesn't come to that, though. But if it does, we better know what we're doing to the nth degree.

WetWaderMT

Post by WetWaderMT » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 am

tampa_griz wrote:
WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
What does 9/11, Pearl Harbor, or President Bush have to do with this discussion? You corrected me a few posts ago that you didn't say that NK had the capability to launch such an offensive. So I'm assuming that, if you were concerned enough to correct my erroneous assertion, that you also don't believe NK has the capability to launch said offensive.

So it's sounds like your upset that President Obama isn't launching an attack against a nation that, in your opinion, isn't capable of inflicting any harm to us or or allies. Is that where we are now?
Nope...NK has the ability to obliterate Soeul, at least, probably Tokyo as well, and possibly Anchorage. Let's continue to tell the world that we envision a world w/o nukes, including the US, and see how well Lil' Kim, let alone Iran, OBL, etc., abides by that dream!

Also, I never said NK didn't have, "the capability to launch such an offensive." You can't read, can you? That dUMb education continues to be the barrier here, doesn't it?

WetWaderMT

Post by WetWaderMT » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:18 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:It looks like NK is trying to provoke something:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_ ... as_nuclear

Based on this and some other things I have heard, I am becoming concerned that the U.S. may, at some point in the relatively near future, be forced to do something assertive (and perhaps militarily).

I sure hope it doesn't come to that, though. But if it does, we better know what we're doing to the nth degree.
Come on BAC, you can't believe that singing Cum Buy Ya together isn't going to solve all the world's ills, can you? And, how much intelligence are you going to need...you've already admitted that British, Israeli, Russian, Egytian, French, American, Chinese, Spanish, and Australian spooks all concurring is a lie...so who's believable?

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:34 am

WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
WetWaderMT wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:

Nope...NK has the ability to obliterate Soeul, at least, probably Tokyo as well, and possibly Anchorage. Let's continue to tell the world that we envision a world w/o nukes, including the US, and see how well Lil' Kim, let alone Iran, OBL, etc., abides by that dream!
Well no, they don't have the ability to obliterate Seoul, Tokyo, nor Anchorage. That's just fact. Now you seem to be arguing with yourself.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am

In 1986 at the Reykjavik summit, Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, both passionate about nuclear disarmament, shocked deterrence experts with an unimaginable proposal – total nuclear disarmament. “It would be fine with me if we eliminated all nuclear weapons,” said Reagan. “We can do that,” replied Gorbachev, “Let’s eliminate them. We can eliminate them.”
It's still a good goal, but not something we have been able to achieve ... yet.