COVID 19 deaths by day

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:48 pm



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 pm

40,000+ cases today. Most since May 7, 2021. Hopefully they're all mild cases and don't create a spike in deaths.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6675
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:51 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:09 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:45 am
rivercat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:49 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:18 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:13 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:54 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:22 pm


Cases are rising in 47 of 50 states. Over 32,000 today so far. Hope to see this level out as leaders from both sides of the aisle encourage people begin to vaccinated again.
36,674 cases today.
I think about half the cases are coming from 4-5 states. Florida is still producing 7,000+ positive tests/day.
Hopefully it stays contained to those states.
It won' be contained to those states... I think it will move north in August and blow up in September when kids are back in school. It sounds pretty promising there will be a vaccine available for elementary students late fall/early winter, which will surely help.

I also have the BIGGEST eye roll when people talk about not liking Fauci because he was wrong. No s***, COVID is an unpredictable virus. Who would know everything about a novel virus? He made the best educated decisions possible, exactly like you would expect from a person in to do in his role… I love these Monday morning quarterbacks that spew discontent because Fauci didn’t get every single detail right on an unforeseen pandemic. Asinine.
Covid is not unpredictable. It acts like a virus.

Fauci twists facts to serve his goal. That's a politician, not a medical expert.
Fauci wasn't politicizing it. He may twist facts, but he's doing so for what he feels is the best interests of the people, not to assist a political party. He doesn't seem to care one iota about politics. Experts in any field that relates to anything that could have adverse effects on people all go about their business similar to Fauci when a potentially cataclysmic event is at hand. No different than seismologists, hurricane forecasters, etc. He may be disgusted with how some politicians are politicizing this, but that doesn't make him a politician, it just makes him human.
Like I said earlier, your dislike of Trump is clouding your opinion. (And don’t give me that sh1t that you wanted to see him succeed at the time - go back and look at your posts from that period - you hated the guy). You give Fauci all of this leeway for his mistakes in the posts above, but you blame Trump for the whole crisis. It is amazing how differently you treat each of them.

Even more amazing is your selective memory regarding who was taking this seriously. Trump was one of the first world leaders to shut down travel from China and he was attacked as a racist. In the meantime, you had Democrat leaders like Biden, Cuomo, Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and Schiff all critical of Trump for taking action. Additionally, Fauci’s organization had been finding the Wuhan lab so he had personal motivation to cover up various aspects of the crisis. By no means should Trump be absolved of the COVID mistakes, but to unilaterally place sole blame on him only illustrates your tremendous dislike of him.
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :^o :^o :^o

That was absolutely sickening. Tom is one of the few rational, fair and honest people on this board. You're the last person that should be analyzing anyone's posts. You've been caught lying and projecting and manipulating data so many times on this board that it makes everyone's heads spin. Even when someone spells something out for you point blank, you still can't accept that you're wrong. So I'm done replying to your posts and would encourage everyone on the board to follow suit.
The bleeding heart liberal has spoken! Can you please share some facts instead of character assassination? Seriously, what is not true in the post above? I know you don’t like me, but I can’t see one item above that is not true.

And more than one person has pointed out that Tom is extremely liberal. Hundreds of examples. Maybe you two can get together and throw the n-word back and forth and discuss how the world is ending in 9 years.
Who? You and arvcat?



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 am

“The governor said he hasn’t seen any hard data about vaccine hesitancy. But he said a recent push by Fox News, Newsmax and other right-wing media against COVID-19 vaccinations is reckless.”




iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6675
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 am
“The governor said he hasn’t seen any hard data about vaccine hesitancy. But he said a recent push by Fox News, Newsmax and other right-wing media against COVID-19 vaccinations is reckless.”

Here comes Qataholic to call this governor a Rino in 3….2….1…. Or claim a Democrat governor did something similar in 1974.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:28 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 am
“The governor said he hasn’t seen any hard data about vaccine hesitancy. But he said a recent push by Fox News, Newsmax and other right-wing media against COVID-19 vaccinations is reckless.”

Here comes Qataholic to call this governor a Rino in 3….2….1…. Or claim a Democrat governor did something similar in 1974.
Please explain the “Q” thing. You won’t because you can’t. You are just a name calling troll. Pathetic.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:51 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:09 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:45 am
rivercat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:49 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:18 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:13 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:54 pm


36,674 cases today.
I think about half the cases are coming from 4-5 states. Florida is still producing 7,000+ positive tests/day.
Hopefully it stays contained to those states.
It won' be contained to those states... I think it will move north in August and blow up in September when kids are back in school. It sounds pretty promising there will be a vaccine available for elementary students late fall/early winter, which will surely help.

I also have the BIGGEST eye roll when people talk about not liking Fauci because he was wrong. No s***, COVID is an unpredictable virus. Who would know everything about a novel virus? He made the best educated decisions possible, exactly like you would expect from a person in to do in his role… I love these Monday morning quarterbacks that spew discontent because Fauci didn’t get every single detail right on an unforeseen pandemic. Asinine.
Covid is not unpredictable. It acts like a virus.

Fauci twists facts to serve his goal. That's a politician, not a medical expert.
Fauci wasn't politicizing it. He may twist facts, but he's doing so for what he feels is the best interests of the people, not to assist a political party. He doesn't seem to care one iota about politics. Experts in any field that relates to anything that could have adverse effects on people all go about their business similar to Fauci when a potentially cataclysmic event is at hand. No different than seismologists, hurricane forecasters, etc. He may be disgusted with how some politicians are politicizing this, but that doesn't make him a politician, it just makes him human.
Like I said earlier, your dislike of Trump is clouding your opinion. (And don’t give me that sh1t that you wanted to see him succeed at the time - go back and look at your posts from that period - you hated the guy). You give Fauci all of this leeway for his mistakes in the posts above, but you blame Trump for the whole crisis. It is amazing how differently you treat each of them.

Even more amazing is your selective memory regarding who was taking this seriously. Trump was one of the first world leaders to shut down travel from China and he was attacked as a racist. In the meantime, you had Democrat leaders like Biden, Cuomo, Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and Schiff all critical of Trump for taking action. Additionally, Fauci’s organization had been finding the Wuhan lab so he had personal motivation to cover up various aspects of the crisis. By no means should Trump be absolved of the COVID mistakes, but to unilaterally place sole blame on him only illustrates your tremendous dislike of him.
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :^o :^o :^o

That was absolutely sickening. Tom is one of the few rational, fair and honest people on this board. You're the last person that should be analyzing anyone's posts. You've been caught lying and projecting and manipulating data so many times on this board that it makes everyone's heads spin. Even when someone spells something out for you point blank, you still can't accept that you're wrong. So I'm done replying to your posts and would encourage everyone on the board to follow suit.
The bleeding heart liberal has spoken! Can you please share some facts instead of character assassination? Seriously, what is not true in the post above? I know you don’t like me, but I can’t see one item above that is not true.

And more than one person has pointed out that Tom is extremely liberal. Hundreds of examples. Maybe you two can get together and throw the n-word back and forth and discuss how the world is ending in 9 years.
Who? You and arvcat?
I realize that you are too lazy to research, but TomCat can probably tell you himself. I am however interested to hear from you what political perspective TomCat has shared that makes him a moderate?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:27 pm



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:40 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:27 pm
Only a matter of time. Especially with such low vaccination rates.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:38 pm

This is pretty interesting. A number of liberal posters (tomcat included) seemingly forgot how liberal Democrats were not very supportive of the vaccine.




TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Most Americans who are unprotected will likely contract the rapidly spreading Delta variant, said Dr. Scott Gottlieb, commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration.
"And for most people who get this Delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," Gottlieb told CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm




TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Yep. Looks like another big wave could be coming september-ish.
I hope that's not going to happen, but the trend isn't good. 24,000+ cases today, which is actually the Sunday count. Highest Sunday count since May. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to 40,000 this week. It has always (since April/May) been expected to go up this fall, but I think there was some optimism built into that projection as vaccinations were being taken rapidly at that time.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:43 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm
It's strange that FOX has people that are anti-vax, because I've read FOX requires its employees to show proof of vaccination before they come to work.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Yep. Looks like another big wave could be coming september-ish.
I hope that's not going to happen, but the trend isn't good. 24,000+ cases today, which is actually the Sunday count. Highest Sunday count since May. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to 40,000 this week. It has always (since April/May) been expected to go up this fall, but I think there was some optimism built into that projection as vaccinations were being taken rapidly at that time.
I was waaaaay off. 54,702 new cases today, so far. The Delta variant spreads twice as fast as the original virus and about 50% faster than the virus this past 2020-21 winter.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

rivercat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by rivercat » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Yep. Looks like another big wave could be coming september-ish.
I hope that's not going to happen, but the trend isn't good. 24,000+ cases today, which is actually the Sunday count. Highest Sunday count since May. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to 40,000 this week. It has always (since April/May) been expected to go up this fall, but I think there was some optimism built into that projection as vaccinations were being taken rapidly at that time.
I was waaaaay off. 54,702 new cases today, so far. The Delta variant spreads twice as fast as the original virus and about 50% faster than the virus this past 2020-21 winter.
Well maybe more people will choose to get vaccinated. It's an easy solution.


"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4437
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 pm

rivercat wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Yep. Looks like another big wave could be coming september-ish.
I hope that's not going to happen, but the trend isn't good. 24,000+ cases today, which is actually the Sunday count. Highest Sunday count since May. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to 40,000 this week. It has always (since April/May) been expected to go up this fall, but I think there was some optimism built into that projection as vaccinations were being taken rapidly at that time.
I was waaaaay off. 54,702 new cases today, so far. The Delta variant spreads twice as fast as the original virus and about 50% faster than the virus this past 2020-21 winter.
Well maybe more people will choose to get vaccinated. It's an easy solution.
Sadly, these people have become so brainwashed that only losing a family member might get through.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 am

Not trying to be naive here, but can’t we just get on with things and let those that don’t wanna get vaccinated press their luck? If I’m vaccinated, and you’re vaccinated, and lots of people we know are vaccinated, why do we care? Without a vaccine about 98% of us survived this thing. Now we have options. If half of Bobcat stadium is unvaccinated but I am, why do I care? If the vaccine works I’m good right? Or why did I get it?

And if the half that isn’t vaccinated gets sick and 99 out of 100 live to see another Saturday than let’s move on. And if people get sick or even die than that was their bad. People die every day. How long are we going to continue letting a virus with a 98+% survival rate dictate everything in our lives? Especially now with a vaccine that bumps that 98% to 99%?

Let people make their own decisions and if they die because of it who cares? In theory, and disregarding rare circumstances, only the unvaccinated are at risk of infecting other unvaccinated correct?

Let’s get on with life.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15181
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:18 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 am
Not trying to be naive here, but can’t we just get on with things and let those that don’t wanna get vaccinated press their luck? If I’m vaccinated, and you’re vaccinated, and lots of people we know are vaccinated, why do we care? Without a vaccine about 98% of us survived this thing. Now we have options. If half of Bobcat stadium is unvaccinated but I am, why do I care? If the vaccine works I’m good right? Or why did I get it?

And if the half that isn’t vaccinated gets sick and 99 out of 100 live to see another Saturday than let’s move on. And if people get sick or even die than that was their bad. People die every day. How long are we going to continue letting a virus with a 98+% survival rate dictate everything in our lives? Especially now with a vaccine that bumps that 98% to 99%?

Let people make their own decisions and if they die because of it who cares? In theory, and disregarding rare circumstances, only the unvaccinated are at risk of infecting other unvaccinated correct?

Let’s get on with life.
As of right now, you’re getting your wish. So be happy, live it up while you can. \:D/

However, a lot of people not getting vaccinated are not doing so on the advice of people that don’t know what they’re talking about or that are politically motivated.

It would be nice (for lack of a better word)to just blow them all off, but if something isn’t done it could mean unnecessary death and suffering, lagging economy, going back to masks, not attending sporting events, concerts etc.

Personally, I don’t care all that much. Going to large events isn’t that big of a deal to me. I’m set financially. Masking up is no big deal. Most of my loved ones and friends are vaccinated.

It’s like not wearing a seatbelt when you’re driving because you’re not worried about what happens to you. Problem is that you not wearing a seatbelt also endangers other motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and potentially drives up everyone’s insurance.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

rivercat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by rivercat » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 am
Not trying to be naive here, but can’t we just get on with things and let those that don’t wanna get vaccinated press their luck? If I’m vaccinated, and you’re vaccinated, and lots of people we know are vaccinated, why do we care? Without a vaccine about 98% of us survived this thing. Now we have options. If half of Bobcat stadium is unvaccinated but I am, why do I care? If the vaccine works I’m good right? Or why did I get it?

And if the half that isn’t vaccinated gets sick and 99 out of 100 live to see another Saturday than let’s move on. And if people get sick or even die than that was their bad. People die every day. How long are we going to continue letting a virus with a 98+% survival rate dictate everything in our lives? Especially now with a vaccine that bumps that 98% to 99%?

Let people make their own decisions and if they die because of it who cares? In theory, and disregarding rare circumstances, only the unvaccinated are at risk of infecting other unvaccinated correct?

Let’s get on with life.
I agree with the sentiment of your response. However, Covid put a huge strain on our economy and health care system and added trillions to the national debt.

And the longer this virus hangs around in significant numbers, the higher the probability that a mutation occurs that re-infects the vaccinated and previously infected. Then we start this whole thing again.

People don't like when I say it's everyone's responsibility to their fellow humans to get vaccinated.


"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Post Reply