Future leaders of the Reps

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:00 am



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:28 am



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6700
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:54 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:51 am


I just hate it when I’ve been looking all over the damn place for my freaking car keys and there they are stuck to my forehead the whole time!



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:06 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:28 am
I wonder if Boykin has the guts to issue a correction. The Governor wasn’t involved in any decision.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... utType=amp



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am
She was talking about protecting yourselves from the rising crime due to immigration. Not taking over the government. Is it illegal to protect yourself now?



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6704
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by catatac » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am
She was talking about protecting yourselves from the rising crime due to immigration. Not taking over the government. Is it illegal to protect yourself now?
100%. It is a documented fact that some of the people streaming into the country illegally are known dangerous criminals, some with terrorist and gang connections. I can tell you I'd damn sure have guns ready if I lived down there. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard of more crimes happening down there right now... although if they are happening you can bet damn sure mainstream media won't report on it.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am
She was talking about protecting yourselves from the rising crime due to immigration. Not taking over the government. Is it illegal to protect yourself now?
100%. It is a documented fact that some of the people streaming into the country illegally are known dangerous criminals, some with terrorist and gang connections. I can tell you I'd damn sure have guns ready if I lived down there. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard of more crimes happening down there right now... although if they are happening you can bet damn sure mainstream media won't report on it.
You’re right it is a good idea to purchase a gun if you’re afraid someone might hurt you. That’s good advice.

I don’t think people need to become vigilantes and take matters into their own hands. I think that’s bad advice.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:44 pm



MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 pm
catatac wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am
She was talking about protecting yourselves from the rising crime due to immigration. Not taking over the government. Is it illegal to protect yourself now?
100%. It is a documented fact that some of the people streaming into the country illegally are known dangerous criminals, some with terrorist and gang connections. I can tell you I'd damn sure have guns ready if I lived down there. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard of more crimes happening down there right now... although if they are happening you can bet damn sure mainstream media won't report on it.
You’re right it is a good idea to purchase a gun if you’re afraid someone might hurt you. That’s good advice.

I don’t think people need to become vigilantes and take matters into their own hands. I think that’s bad advice.
Who was advocating for vigilante justice?



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:14 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:44 pm
This frame of thinking by the left blows me away. Gas vehicles have been taxed at the pump for decades. But if you suggest that electric vehicles should have the same types of obligations, you are categorized as a bad person who doesn’t care about the environment.



User avatar
The Butcher
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3073
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am

If the GOP doesn't condemn this action taken by the DOJ under Trump, will this become the new norm for a sitting President. This article did not mention that the DOJ was also going after White House lawyer McGan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump- ... 1623442195



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11139
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Holy Sh*t. The Republican Party has gone off the deep end.





Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Holy Sh*t. The Republican Party has gone off the deep end.


I did a little research and he appears to be about as inept as Rosendale. Truly baffling that a guy like this can get elected. Question though for you. Do you really think the Republican Party feels the same way as he does - that poor people shouldn’t get healthcare?



grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 992
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Helena

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by grizgirl » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:51 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Holy Sh*t. The Republican Party has gone off the deep end.


I did a little research and he appears to be about as inept as Rosendale. Truly baffling that a guy like this can get elected. Question though for you. Do you really think the Republican Party feels the same way as he does - that poor people shouldn’t get healthcare?
If the Republicans don’t feel the same way, then they should speak up. The strength of the GOP is how it always sticks together, but in these instances it’s also its weakness. The GOP has so many people like Cawthorne that it makes your question hollow. As in, it doesn’t matter what wbtfg or anyone thinks about how the gop feels about Cawthorne. Who from the gop is actually speaking out against him and his ilk? What happens when they do? Same thing as what happened to Cheney? Just because you’re on a message board telling people that the gop doesn’t feel the same way isn’t going make a difference. It just looks like you’re trying to not look like you’re far right and/or are trying to divert attention away from Cawthorne et al.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:54 am

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:51 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Holy Sh*t. The Republican Party has gone off the deep end.


I did a little research and he appears to be about as inept as Rosendale. Truly baffling that a guy like this can get elected. Question though for you. Do you really think the Republican Party feels the same way as he does - that poor people shouldn’t get healthcare?
If the Republicans don’t feel the same way, then they should speak up. The strength of the GOP is how it always sticks together, but in these instances it’s also its weakness. The GOP has so many people like Cawthorne that it makes your question hollow. As in, it doesn’t matter what wbtfg or anyone thinks about how the gop feels about Cawthorne. Who from the gop is actually speaking out against him and his ilk? What happens when they do? Same thing as what happened to Cheney? Just because you’re on a message board telling people that the gop doesn’t feel the same way isn’t going make a difference. It just looks like you’re trying to not look like you’re far right and/or are trying to divert attention away from Cawthorne et al.
First of all, I did state that this guy is an incompetent. Second, a little research shows that he was not endorsed by Trump in the primary and that he already has disgruntled constituents in his state with 6 candidates already emerging only 6 months into his term.



User avatar
The Butcher
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3073
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:13 am

This is an interesting perspective of the current agenda and efforts of the Republican Party. Multiple posters on here are mimicking exactly what the piece outlines when downplaying the previous Administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/politics ... index.html



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15222
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:38 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:13 am
This is an interesting perspective of the current agenda and efforts of the Republican Party. Multiple posters on here are mimicking exactly what the piece outlines when downplaying the previous Administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/politics ... index.html
I wouldn’t say they’re mimicking it. It’s just repeated so often that it’s permanently imprinted in their memory banks.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
The Butcher
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3073
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:13 am
This is an interesting perspective of the current agenda and efforts of the Republican Party. Multiple posters on here are mimicking exactly what the piece outlines when downplaying the previous Administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/politics ... index.html
I wouldn’t say they’re mimicking it. It’s just repeated so often that it’s permanently imprinted in their memory banks.
Fair enough.



grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 992
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Helena

Re: Future leaders of the Reps

Post by grizgirl » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:54 am
grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:51 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Holy Sh*t. The Republican Party has gone off the deep end.


I did a little research and he appears to be about as inept as Rosendale. Truly baffling that a guy like this can get elected. Question though for you. Do you really think the Republican Party feels the same way as he does - that poor people shouldn’t get healthcare?
If the Republicans don’t feel the same way, then they should speak up. The strength of the GOP is how it always sticks together, but in these instances it’s also its weakness. The GOP has so many people like Cawthorne that it makes your question hollow. As in, it doesn’t matter what wbtfg or anyone thinks about how the gop feels about Cawthorne. Who from the gop is actually speaking out against him and his ilk? What happens when they do? Same thing as what happened to Cheney? Just because you’re on a message board telling people that the gop doesn’t feel the same way isn’t going make a difference. It just looks like you’re trying to not look like you’re far right and/or are trying to divert attention away from Cawthorne et al.
First of all, I did state that this guy is an incompetent. Second, a little research shows that he was not endorsed by Trump in the primary and that he already has disgruntled constituents in his state with 6 candidates already emerging only 6 months into his term.
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you have such a strong voice in the GOP.
A little research shows he doesn’t have any disgruntled constituents in Congress.



Post Reply