Biden's First Moves

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Biden's First Moves

Post by iaafan » Fri May 14, 2021 6:42 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:32 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 pm
Big Whopper alert :^o
Yeah, combined it’s “only” 33.6% of republicans. That’s almost as good as Trump’s overall approval when he left office. :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 14, 2021 9:02 am

rivercat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Thank God somebody funded and streamlined the redtape in the development of vaccines. Vaccines that most bureaucrats estimated wouldn't be available until mid to late 2021. Vaccines that many liberals were afraid of because they were developed "too fast" and without enough govt oversight.

Biden had it pretty easy. "Hey vaccines have been developed already, come get a shot."
No kidding!! The spin from the left is beyond disappointing. It is absolutely disgusting that the members of operation warp speed do not get any credit from the left.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 14, 2021 9:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:02 am
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Thank God somebody funded and streamlined the redtape in the development of vaccines. Vaccines that most bureaucrats estimated wouldn't be available until mid to late 2021. Vaccines that many liberals were afraid of because they were developed "too fast" and without enough govt oversight.

Biden had it pretty easy. "Hey vaccines have been developed already, come get a shot."
No kidding!! The spin from the left is beyond disappointing. It is absolutely disgusting that the members of operation warp speed do not get any credit from the left.
Nice projection!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:42 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:32 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Big Whopper alert :^o
Yeah, combined it’s “only” 33.6% of republicans. That’s almost as good as Trump’s overall approval when he left office. :lol:
Big Whopper alert 2.0 :^o :^o

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 am

Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I give Dr. Fauci a ton of credit. If it wasn't for him, we might have all injected ourselves with bleach! :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:07 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 am
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I give Dr. Fauci a ton of credit. If it wasn't for him, we might have all injected ourselves with bleach! :lol:
Yes, Fauci was part of Operation Warp Speed and he gets a ton of credit, as he should. I think the people actually responsible for it are getting credit. I give trump credit for Operation Warped.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 12:10 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Simple question for you since you keep redirecting. Do you agree that operation warp speed was hugely successful and important to getting vaccines into peoples arms?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon May 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:10 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Simple question for you since you keep redirecting. Do you agree that operation warp speed was hugely successful and important to getting vaccines into peoples arms?
I think researchers and CDC did a very good job and benefited from resources from the US Government. This was even more amazing considering Trump's bumbling of the pandemic.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:01 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I think researchers and CDC did a very good job and benefited from resources from the US Government. This was even more amazing considering Trump's bumbling of the pandemic.
Gotcha. The program that Trump created should get some credit, but Trump should not get any of the credit. Thank you for another example of TDS.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Gotcha. The program that Trump created should get some credit, but Trump should not get any of the credit. Thank you for another example of TDS.
He called the pandemic a hoax after admitting it was very serious to Bob Woodward, he told people to take hydroxychloroquine when the FDA said not to, he turned down 100 million doses of the vaccine from Pfizer, and he was against mitigation efforts resulting in even him getting COVID. So yes, Trump did a TERRIBLE job during Operation Warp Speed. I can’t believe I have to explain that to you… :lol: :lol: :lol:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 pm

It’s nice to be back to a little bit of normalcy where the president releases his tax return uneventfully and without fanfare

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:07 pm

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

He called the pandemic a hoax after admitting it was very serious to Bob Woodward, he told people to take hydroxychloroquine when the FDA said not to, he turned down 100 million doses of the vaccine from Pfizer, and he was against mitigation efforts resulting in even him getting COVID. So yes, Trump did a TERRIBLE job during Operation Warp Speed. I can’t believe I have to explain that to you… :lol: :lol: :lol:
What an awful job. He created this operation warp speed that facilitated the development and approval of vaccines that would ultimately defeat Covid. Many people said his goals were outrageous and could never be accomplished, yet operation warp speed and the vaccines are the single biggest reasons we are beating Covid today. It is indisputable. Your absolute denial to provide ANY credit to Trump shows just how big of a political partisan you are. Everything you say or post should be taken with a grain of salt as you are incapable of separating fact from your partisan beliefs.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 pm
It’s nice to be back to a little bit of normalcy where the president releases his tax return uneventfully and without fanfare
It is kind of strange. I would have thought that the $15 million that Biden made the first two years after being VP would have raised some eyebrows. Seems that he is not as blue collar as we thought.. I wonder how much he and Hunter will make when Biden is finished as president?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:30 pm

I think Trump did a good job with Operation Warp Speed. I think Biden is doing a good job, too. I think people should just be happy this thing is going away and not worry about which president gets credit. There are thousands of people that played a role in this.

Many republicans are giving Biden no credit, likewise with democrats for Trump. This is Politics 101. If a party does a good job with something, the other party says it would've been even better if they had been in power. Then the party taking credit says that things would've been way worse if they weren't in power. Trump has said that Covid vaccines would've taken five more years if he hadn't been president.

Politically, Biden is getting a big boost from this. That's just the way things go. Remember when Reagan took office and everyone gave him credit, or most of it, for the Iran hostage crisis. Carter got very little despite having done most of the work prior to Reagan taking office.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-pa ... b971766c1e

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 pm
wbtfg wrote:
It is kind of strange. I would have thought that the $15 million that Biden made the first two years after being VP would have raised some eyebrows. Seems that he is not as blue collar as we thought.. I wonder how much he and Hunter will make when Biden is finished as president?
Weird post. What would raise eyebrows about it?

I certainly appreciate transparency in a presidency. I assumed you would too. Guess not.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:
He really shouldn't even get any credit for that, but thanks to Trump it seems like he's really doing something bold there. Bad political move by Trump as it has had a double-whammy effect. First, Trump made himself look bad, now he makes Biden look good. This helps Biden's ratings, which I don't see falling unless the republicans make a shift away from Trump.

toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I certainly appreciate transparency in a presidency. I assumed you would too. Guess not.
“Blue collar” Joe and Biden Inc have been making money off of the Biden name for years. What is weird is that you don’t seem to have any concerns with the guy profiting from his political power. I would be curious to see how much of his earnings came from being on boards and various speaking engagements. But I am sure that those paying Biden never would expect any political favors in return if he become president.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

“Blue collar” Joe and Biden Inc have been making money off of the Biden name for years. What is weird is that you don’t seem to have any concerns with the guy profiting from his political power. I would be curious to see how much of his earnings came from being on boards and various speaking engagements. But I am sure that those paying Biden never would expect any political favors in return if he become president.
Lol...he released his tax returns, so you’re welcome to see where he made all of his money. We know his debts and who he owes as well as where he had made his income. That’s the great thing about transparency.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 11:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Lol...he released his tax returns, so you’re welcome to see where he made all of his money. We know his debts and who he owes as well as where he had made his income. That’s the great thing about transparency.
Gotcha. About one-third of his earnings in 2020 came from Giacoppa Corp. It is an S-Corp that was formed by Biden to avoid about $500,000 in federal taxes on income earned from his various speaking engagements and book deals following his stint as VP. Strangely enough, you won’t find that little tidbit in the liberal left media.

http://foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/nation ... 10-23-2020

Amazing how you describe him as being so transparent, but the dirty details are hidden right in front of you. Quite frankly, the left just doesn’t want to acknowledge anything that might make Biden look bad.