Please don, you have embarrassed yourself enough

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Please don, you have embarrassed yourself enough

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:58 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:48 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:02 am
All the award shows are showing big drops in ratings during the pandemic. That info is just a few keystrokes away. Sorry if that reply from the Academy offends you.
The drop is in keeping with other award shows during a pandemic time that has altered the nature of celebrity gatherings and stunted the rollout of nominated entertainment. The Golden Globes suffered a 63 percent viewership decline, while the Grammy Awards plunged 51 percent.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... n-numbers/

Oh, I'd like to thank the Academy...
Thank you for backing up the point! All of these shows are run by far left liberal Democrats catering to the Hollywood elite. The lack of interest from the public shows just how tired everyone is of the “woke” left.

To paraphrase what you said earlier, maybe you were just a keystroke short of having solid information!
Nah. I love watching the Oscars but there just wasn't the theatric content last year to pique my interest. The excitement goes up when there's a big list of good movies. The pandemic was a bitch on production.

But you can keep telling yourself it's a partisan issue lol.
55 million viewers in 1998. 40 million in 2014. 24 million last year. Less than 10 million this year. I sense a trend. But I am sure it was the theatric content or the pandemic last year too!

https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/sean-hann ... dcast/amp/
TV ratings in general have been down. Try harder.

Fox news has been down too. Maybe there's a trend there?
It would seem that if the whole liberal woke agenda was so popular, that viewers would have flocked to the program and set new viewership records! But that clearly didn’t happen.

Fox news is the nighttime news leader at 2.6 million. Poor shrinking left liberal CNN is at 1 million. And if you are interested in a rating trend, CNN was down 52% since last year. Yikes!
Again, everything is down lol. Keep moving those goalposts.
Where in the world did you get the idea that people watch the Oscars to listen to woke agendas? That is some insanity. Was that the fox news talking point this week? Do you actually believe that?

Maybe if you add more exclamation points you might start changing some minds.
You may want to step away from that bong that you are so fond of. People are tried if the woke agenda preached by the left and are stepping away. Do a google search and you will find plenty of articles. Here are a couple:

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-right ... llions?amp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dream.html

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/26/in ... -audience/

Just curious, but do snide comments come easier when you are high?
What's it like being so mad all the time?
Would you be mad about this without the media telling you to be?

Also, I love that you think I'm just sitting here high all the time. You're a riot.
But maybe you should try it sometime. I hear it's good for anxiety and anger issues.
Hahaha! That is a great one! If someone disagrees with the liberal agenda, they must be mad! For the record, you should take a look back the posts. I pointed out the Academy was resorting to personal attacks on the former president. That is a great look for the wonderful woke Hollywood folks who are preaching unity. Didn’t realize that might make me perceived as being mad?.?.. Seems the woke liberals like yourself felt it important to clarify that falling ratings had nothing to do with wokeness and it is just a trend. Hahahahaha! That is some great stuff blitzed. I seem to be laughing a lot more than I am mad.

Not interested in your dope however. I’m kind of a prude in that area. I will just stick to the occasional beer. You are the champion of decriminalized drugs so I will leave that up to you.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:06 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 am
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:58 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:48 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:02 am
All the award shows are showing big drops in ratings during the pandemic. That info is just a few keystrokes away. Sorry if that reply from the Academy offends you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... n-numbers/

Oh, I'd like to thank the Academy...
Thank you for backing up the point! All of these shows are run by far left liberal Democrats catering to the Hollywood elite. The lack of interest from the public shows just how tired everyone is of the “woke” left.

To paraphrase what you said earlier, maybe you were just a keystroke short of having solid information!
Nah. I love watching the Oscars but there just wasn't the theatric content last year to pique my interest. The excitement goes up when there's a big list of good movies. The pandemic was a bitch on production.

But you can keep telling yourself it's a partisan issue lol.
55 million viewers in 1998. 40 million in 2014. 24 million last year. Less than 10 million this year. I sense a trend. But I am sure it was the theatric content or the pandemic last year too!

TV ratings in general have been down. Try harder.

Fox news has been down too. Maybe there's a trend there?
It would seem that if the whole liberal woke agenda was so popular, that viewers would have flocked to the program and set new viewership records! But that clearly didn’t happen.

Fox news is the nighttime news leader at 2.6 million. Poor shrinking left liberal CNN is at 1 million. And if you are interested in a rating trend, CNN was down 52% since last year. Yikes!
Again, everything is down lol. Keep moving those goalposts.
Where in the world did you get the idea that people watch the Oscars to listen to woke agendas? That is some insanity. Was that the fox news talking point this week? Do you actually believe that?

Maybe if you add more exclamation points you might start changing some minds.
You may want to step away from that bong that you are so fond of. People are tried if the woke agenda preached by the left and are stepping away. Do a google search and you will find plenty of articles. Here are a couple:

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-right ... llions?amp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dream.html

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/26/in ... -audience/

Just curious, but do snide comments come easier when you are high?
What's it like being so mad all the time?

Also, I love that you think I'm just sitting here high all the time. You're a riot.
But maybe you should try it sometime. I hear it's good for anxiety and anger issues.
For the record, you should take a look back the posts. I pointed out the Academy was resorting to personal attacks on the former president. That is a great look for the wonderful woke Hollywood folks who are preaching unity.
If you also "take a look back the posts" you'll see that I already commented on this.
I don't care for attacks on personal appearance from and to anyone. Feels like more faux outrage from the right. The fact that the people have made this stupid topic a partisan issue is ridiculous.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:23 am

CatBlitz wrote:
I ask myself this daily. People have become obsessed with social media and biased news outlets. I think it would do a lot of people a LOT of good to stay off their phones, and to a point even the news. Obviously keeping up on the happenings around the world is good. But not at the cost of losing your minds over things.

We're only here a short time. [-o<

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:23 am
CatBlitz wrote:
I ask myself this daily. People have become obsessed with social media and biased news outlets. I think it would do a lot of people a LOT of good to stay off their phones, and to a point even the news. Obviously keeping up on the happenings around the world is good. But not at the cost of losing your minds over things.

But how else would we find out that we would die if we swallow a watermelon seed?

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:48 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

But how else would we find out that we would die if we swallow a watermelon seed?

This made my day. Thanks.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:25 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Ha ha, yep! I just read a great book titled The Art of Living. Great, short read. It kind of got me trying to get back focusing more on things within my control and ignoring everything else. =D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:30 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:25 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Ha ha, yep! I just read a great book titled The Art of Living. Great, short read. It kind of got me trying to get back focusing more on things within my control and ignoring everything else. =D^
Thanks for posting. Always interested in a good book. Ordering now.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:30 pm
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Good for you, I enjoyed it... I hope you do too. Just FYI it's the one based on the writings and philosophy of Epictetus, a New Interpretation by Sharon Lebell.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:24 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:30 pm
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Good for you, I enjoyed it... I hope you do too. Just FYI it's the one based on the writings and philosophy of Epictetus, a New Interpretation by Sharon Lebell.
I was just abotu to clarify that with you. Thanks...Cheers!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

:lol:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Sat May 01, 2021 6:47 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:16 am

Feel the Burn, Don! This is an all time great raking over the coals.
That is hilarious.

Nothing like sinking to Donald’s level to show how ridiculous he is. 😂😂😂

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 14, 2021 7:00 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/us/p ... d=tw-share

And the hits just keep on comin'!!

Here's your TDS for the day:
The campaign shows the obsession that some of Mr. Trump’s allies had about a shadowy “deep state” trying to blunt his agenda — and the lengths that some were willing to go to try to purge the government of those believed to be disloyal to the president.
I'm sure they'll blame it on Foxitis or Trumpitis, not sure which one.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 am

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 7:46 pm

So are Texans still considered Neanderthals?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... sk-mandate

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Congrats to texas on having one day without anyone dying of Covid for the first time in 24 months. Glad to see the vaccines are working.

Unfortunately Texas had a big uptick today: “The good news was dampened less than 20 hours later, when DSHS reported 23 new COVID deaths Monday — the highest Monday count in nearly two months.”

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 17, 2021 11:24 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Congrats to texas on having one day without anyone dying of Covid for the first time in 24 months. Glad to see the vaccines are working.

Unfortunately Texas had a big uptick today: “The good news was dampened less than 20 hours later, when DSHS reported 23 new COVID deaths Monday — the highest Monday count in nearly two months.”
Wow. Your post is really strange. Are you suggesting that Biden was accurate in calling these people Neanderthals? Texas has 30 million people and had 23 deaths from COVID on Monday. In the meantime, restrictions were removed two months ago and millions of people were able to go on with life and earn a living. I am curious how many people died of cancer or a heart attack or a stroke on Monday. Despite removing restrictions, it seems that Texas is doing very well dealing with COVID so your post is extremely confusing. What exactly are you trying to say. Was Biden right in calling Texans Neanderthals?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:24 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Wow. Your post is really strange. Are you suggesting that Biden was accurate in calling these people Neanderthals? Texas has 30 million people and had 23 deaths from COVID on Monday. In the meantime, restrictions were removed two months ago and millions of people were able to go on with life and earn a living. I am curious how many people died of cancer or a heart attack or a stroke on Monday. Despite removing restrictions, it seems that Texas is doing very well dealing with COVID so your post is extremely confusing. What exactly are you trying to say. Was Biden right in calling Texans Neanderthals?
Well if we're going to be all PC about it, then that was a big no-no by Biden. But I think you hate the PC crowd, so I'm not sure why you're having a problem with it. I could be wrong though because you prefer being called a non-truth teller instead of a liar and you were offended by Jeff Tiedrich. So maybe this is consistent for you to be upset about Biden's neanderthal comment. Please clear that up for me as you've clearly been all over the map on this whole PC thing.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue May 18, 2021 7:22 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Well if we're going to be all PC about it, then that was a big no-no by Biden. But I think you hate the PC crowd, so I'm not sure why you're having a problem with it. I could be wrong though because you prefer being called a non-truth teller instead of a liar and you were offended by Jeff Tiedrich. So maybe this is consistent for you to be upset about Biden's neanderthal comment. Please clear that up for me as you've clearly been all over the map on this whole PC thing.
Nailed it. :lol: :lol: 8)

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:22 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Do you two think that the president of the United States calling people Neanderthals is simply a matter of political correctness? Would me calling you guys libtards be an insult or simply juts a matter of political correctness? Please let me know because your answer will dictate how I address you two in the future.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue May 18, 2021 10:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:22 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Do you two think that the president of the United States calling people Neanderthals is simply a matter of political correctness? Would me calling you guys libtards be an insult or simply juts a matter of political correctness? Please let me know because your answer will dictate how I address you two in the future.