Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by arvcat2 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:19 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:11 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:12 pm


First time since Herbert Hoover. It's hard to wrap your head around the infatuation the right has with Donald Trump. It's almost, dare I say, deranged.
It's hard to wrap your head around the fixation and obsession the lefties, wokesters, BlueAnons & pro-war “moderates” (dare I say I am referring to Liz Cheney and not you, TC88) have with Donald Trump. It isn’t almost, it is, deranged.
Can we not get rid of both warmongers and perpetuators of the Big Lie?
I suppose we could and that would effectively dissolve the GOP, which I suspect, would please you.



arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by arvcat2 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:59 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
“That anyone is talking about Cheney is proof of her failure. Her job is to raise $$ (she doesn't), stay on message (HA!), and not undermine caucus (it's all she does). If you're pretending this is only about joining with media/Pelosi for impeachment, you're not serious.
Yes, we know she seethes with hatred for Trump as much as she loves decades-long interventionist wars without exit strategies or metrics for success. Good for her. But that's not what her job is, and, in fact, her twin obsessions have repeatedly led her down the wrong path...
E.g., not only was she not a needed truth-teller in pushing back against media/Democrats' false and dangerous 2016 election conspiracy theory about Russia, and its many attendant problems, she was also the prime pusher of the discredited, anonymously sourced Russian bounty story.

Just to keep the obvious points coming, WashPo, et. al, aren't all-hands-on-deck helping out Liz Cheney because they like Republicans, ok? They run Dem propaganda. They're trying to keep her and her unpopular ideas prominent in the GOP because she hurts the GOP.

Why do media NeverTrumpers who led messaging of the right during Bush-Cheney era support her so much? Likely just true believers who want party dragged back to unquestioning support of wars w/o exit strategies, corporatism, belief that truly fighting lefty media is gauche, etc.”

Mollie Hemingway



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15010
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 am



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by CatBot » Mon May 10, 2021 7:17 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 am
I've made several posts on Kinzinger and I really like this guy. I like Cheney as well. What I don't like are cowardly politicians that retire or decide to not run again, when they had an opportunity to do some good for this country on the way out. If your in the GOP and don't like Trump and Trumpism, then grow some balls and speak out instead of walking away quietly.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by The Butcher » Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
Hard to believe that the GOP is all in with a guy turning 75 in a month. But you got to follow your demigod no matter what the divine one's age.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
Hard to believe that the GOP is all in with a guy turning 75 in a month. But you got to follow your demigod no matter what the divine one's age.
Biden is like 500 years old (actually 78). Not exactly sure what your point is.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by The Butcher » Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
Hard to believe that the GOP is all in with a guy turning 75 in a month. But you got to follow your demigod no matter what the divine one's age.
Biden is like 500 years old (actually 78). Not exactly sure what your point is.
How do you not grasp my point??? Have you followed the quoted posts??? Cheney is getting removed from a leadership position simply because she won't accept Trump's Big Lie. Pretty straightforward Catahoic.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
Hard to believe that the GOP is all in with a guy turning 75 in a month. But you got to follow your demigod no matter what the divine one's age.
Biden is like 500 years old (actually 78). Not exactly sure what your point is.
How do you not grasp my point??? Have you followed the quoted posts??? Cheney is getting removed from a leadership position simply because she won't accept Trump's Big Lie. Pretty straightforward Catahoic.
Look at your post. Your post was about Trumps age. I agree your post about Trumps age didn’t make much sense and had little correlation to the Liz Cheney situation. However, I did think it was strange how you would use Trumps age against him when your guy Biden is older than the hills.

And if you want to make a point (which none of us understand what Trumps age has to do with it), maybe you should try and focus on the actual topic. It seems you want to talk about Cheney and the Big Lie. Why would you bring up his age - especially when your guy’s age has been the topic of his ability for the last year?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15010
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 pm



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by iaafan » Tue May 11, 2021 9:26 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 pm
:lol: :lol:
Another Republican truth-teller that will be branded a bad guy with some other motive like starting wars, which is another thing Republicans usually get right in line with. If you tell the truth in the Republican party, you're out. Of course it's hard to kick out those who are already on their way out.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by The Butcher » Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 am


Liz Cheney pens letter to the editor in WaPo. Hard to believe she could lose her job simply because she won’t perpetuate Trump’s debunked lie.

Republican Donors and Voters are going to have to choose between team Cheney and team Trump.
Hard to believe that the GOP is all in with a guy turning 75 in a month. But you got to follow your demigod no matter what the divine one's age.
Biden is like 500 years old (actually 78). Not exactly sure what your point is.
How do you not grasp my point??? Have you followed the quoted posts??? Cheney is getting removed from a leadership position simply because she won't accept Trump's Big Lie. Pretty straightforward Catahoic.
Look at your post. Your post was about Trumps age. I agree your post about Trumps age didn’t make much sense and had little correlation to the Liz Cheney situation. However, I did think it was strange how you would use Trumps age against him when your guy Biden is older than the hills.

And if you want to make a point (which none of us understand what Trumps age has to do with it), maybe you should try and focus on the actual topic. It seems you want to talk about Cheney and the Big Lie. Why would you bring up his age - especially when your guy’s age has been the topic of his ability for the last year?
Sorry you are confused.



arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by arvcat2 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:08 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:17 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 am
I've made several posts on Kinzinger and I really like this guy. I like Cheney as well. What I don't like are cowardly politicians that retire or decide to not run again, when they had an opportunity to do some good for this country on the way out. If your in the GOP and don't like Trump and Trumpism, then grow some balls and speak out instead of walking away quietly.
O.J. joins Adam, Mittens, CatBot & TomCat88 in their support for Lizzy:
https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/o-j-simps ... reckoning/



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by iaafan » Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm

Biden at 63% approval rating. 23% with republicans. Appears republican leaders are curbing the right.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Biden at 63% approval rating. 23% with republicans. Appears republican leaders are curbing the right.
96% of Democrats polled gave a positive rating in this poll. Amazing how that can boost up the numbers.

On immigration, despite the absolute train wreck at the border, he still had a 43% approval rating. How can anybody subjective provide a positive rating on that fiasco? Are Democrats just willing to give him a pass on that crisis?



User avatar
CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by CatBot » Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:08 pm
CatBot wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:17 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 am
I've made several posts on Kinzinger and I really like this guy. I like Cheney as well. What I don't like are cowardly politicians that retire or decide to not run again, when they had an opportunity to do some good for this country on the way out. If your in the GOP and don't like Trump and Trumpism, then grow some balls and speak out instead of walking away quietly.
O.J. joins Adam, Mittens, CatBot & TomCat88 in their support for Lizzy:
https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/o-j-simps ... reckoning/
Are you referring to Representative Cheney of Wyoming? Who has a strong conservative voting record and also understands how badly Trump and Trumpism has wrecked the GOP by losing both chambers and the WH? Then yes, she's great.

I admire her courage and think she has a real possibility to run as an independent in 2024 and do very well. If you believe Kinzinger (I do), then you'll believe there are many GOP members that think just like Representative Cheney and would make a similar move when the timing is right. Combined with the growing number of Democrats that aren't too pleased with Biden, you may have yourself a real contender in a few years.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by The Butcher » Wed May 12, 2021 7:37 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Biden at 63% approval rating. 23% with republicans. Appears republican leaders are curbing the right.
96% of Democrats polled gave a positive rating in this poll. Amazing how that can boost up the numbers.

On immigration, despite the absolute train wreck at the border, he still had a 43% approval rating. How can anybody subjective provide a positive rating on that fiasco? Are Democrats just willing to give him a pass on that crisis?
Spoken like a guy that liked a president that never cracked 50%. Trump couldn't get at least HALF of Americans to approve of his leadership.

Don't be bitter that Biden actually cares about the majority of Americans, not just his "base".



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by Cataholic » Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:37 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Biden at 63% approval rating. 23% with republicans. Appears republican leaders are curbing the right.
96% of Democrats polled gave a positive rating in this poll. Amazing how that can boost up the numbers.

On immigration, despite the absolute train wreck at the border, he still had a 43% approval rating. How can anybody subjective provide a positive rating on that fiasco? Are Democrats just willing to give him a pass on that crisis?
Spoken like a guy that liked a president that never cracked 50%. Trump couldn't get at least HALF of Americans to approve of his leadership.

Don't be bitter that Biden actually cares about the majority of Americans, not just his "base".
That is some real comedy there. I could make a pretty compelling argument that Biden loves immigrants more than he does US citizens. Let’s get you on record though. Do you approve of how Biden has handled the border crisis?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by iaafan » Wed May 12, 2021 7:58 am




iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by iaafan » Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am




User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5190
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Current Republican Leaders curbing the right

Post by RickRund » Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Biden at 63% approval rating. 23% with republicans. Appears republican leaders are curbing the right.
96% of Democrats polled gave a positive rating in this poll. Amazing how that can boost up the numbers.

On immigration, despite the absolute train wreck at the border, he still had a 43% approval rating. How can anybody subjective provide a positive rating on that fiasco? Are Democrats just willing to give him a pass on that crisis?
Border apprehension up 944%. Numbers exploding but he has high approval. Seeing way too much of "trump is/was causing the immigration problems" ...



Post Reply