COVID 19 deaths by day

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am

These are all the dates with 2,000 or more deaths as you can see November and December are creeping in there. Hopefully this current peak is the last as cases do appear to be stabilizing. Would be nice to be on a downward trend as the vaccines are brought on line.

1. 4,374 - January 20
2. 4,363 - January 21
3. 4,281 - January 12
4. 4,134 - January 7
5. 4,100 - January 6
6. 4,098 - January 13
7. 4,069 - January 14
8. 3,914 - January 8
9. 3,882 - December 30
10. 3,822 - January 15
11. 3,717 - December 29
12. 3,543 - January 5
13. 3,539 - December 31
14. 3,538 - December 16
15. 3,472 - January 16
16. 3,401 - December 23
17. 3,376 - December 22
18. 3,277 - December 17
19. 3,265 - December 9
20. 3,238 - January 9
21. 3,107 - December 10
22. 3,031 - December 11
23. 3,001 - December 15
24. 2,960 - December 8
25. 2,922 - December 3
26. 2,873 - December 2
27. 2,835 - December 24
28. 2,802 - January 19
29. 2,794 - December 18
30. 2,744 - April 21
31. 2,713 - December 4
32. 2,695 - April 15
33. 2,669 - December 1
34. 2,633 - April 14
35. 2,601 - April 17
36. 2,582 - May 6
37. 2,562 - January 22 (2:40 pm)
38. 2,556 - December 19
39. 2,541 - April 28
40. 2,459 - April 29
41. 2,420 - April 22
42. 2,413 - April 23
43. 2,413 - May 5
44. 2,332 - November 25
45. 2,309 - December 12
46. 2,283 - April 10
47. 2,280 - April 30
48. 2,278 - April 7
49. 2,256 - December 5
50. 2,255 - April 16
51. 2,212 - April 8
52. 2,210 - November 24
53. 2,177 - May 7
54. 2,174 - January 1
55. 2,151 - April 9
56. 2,114 - April 25
57. 2,110 - January 2
58. 2,070 - April 11
59. 2,067 - November 1
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 110 times in total.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wapiti » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm

According to the study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... n-n1178930

seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:07 pm

wapiti wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm
According to the study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

Not surprising something like that would be published by the economics department.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm

wapiti wrote:

Yep, this is what I (and several others) have been saying all along.... old people die, one way or the other. When we look back at the total numbers for 2020 and 2021 the number of people that die in the state, in the U.S., and in the world, will pretty be right in line with what the average is year after year. Will probably be around 8.8%. It might go up slightly, but then again it's been on the rise in the U.S. for the past 7 or 8 years.

That said, obviously Covid is real, and in a lot of cases it is killing people sooner (whether by days, weeks, months) than they would have died had they not contracted the virus. Sad, sad deal for people that have lost loved ones sooner than expected due to the virus.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm
wapiti wrote:

Yep, this is what I (and several others) have been saying all along.... old people die, one way or the other. When we look back at the total numbers for 2020 and 2021 the number of people that die in the state, in the U.S., and in the world, will pretty be right in line with what the average is year after year. Will probably be around 8.8%. It might go up slightly, but then again it's been on the rise in the U.S. for the past 7 or 8 years.

That said, obviously Covid is real, and in a lot of cases it is killing people sooner (whether by days, weeks, months) than they would have died had they not contracted the virus. Sad, sad deal for people that have lost loved ones sooner than expected due to the virus.
JHU published this article in part to encourage debate on data analysis and assumption selection, but quick regreted that decision and deleted the article. Good move IMO. This article was directly responsible for incredibly dangerous and wildly inaccurate conversations and conclusions related to how truely deadly this virus is.

I personally thought the author did a pretty good job on making and supporting the argument. It's when people don't actually read the full article and quote a sentence or two completely out of context is when the damage happened. Again, wisely deleted.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:08 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:04 pm
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

JHU published this article in part to encourage debate on data analysis and assumption selection, but quick regreted that decision and deleted the article. Good move IMO. This article was directly responsible for incredibly dangerous and wildly inaccurate conversations and conclusions related to how truely deadly this virus is.

I personally thought the author did a pretty good job on making and supporting the argument. It's when people don't actually read the full article and quote a sentence or two completely out of context is when the damage happened. Again, wisely deleted.
When an extreme right-wing website is putting a narrative based on a single study to discount American deaths while our medical community is stressing the severity of COVID- I will go with the medical professionals. :wink:

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

So no discussion or discourse, especially when the the measures that have been taken put millions of lives at risk in order to attempt to save ( or extend lives by a few months) a few thousand. I wish decisions could have been made with ALL of the data and ALL of the science, not just what the media sensationalized and what satisfied politicians.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:28 pm

wapiti wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

So no discussion or discourse, especially when the the measures that have been taken put millions of lives at risk in order to attempt to save ( or extend lives by a few months) a few thousand. I wish decisions could have been made with ALL of the data and ALL of the science, not just what the media sensationalized and what satisfied politicians.
Agree, and again, I am not trying to downplay the virus and say it's no big deal. It certainly is killing people, but for the VAST MAJORITY of people dying from this virus, they were already on their way to dying from other causes. The numbers will prove this out.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:50 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:28 pm
wapiti wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

Agree, and again, I am not trying to downplay the virus and say it's no big deal. It certainly is killing people, but for the VAST MAJORITY of people dying from this virus, they were already on their way to dying from other causes. The numbers will prove this out.
Yeah, it's not as big of a deal when someone already on their death bed gets Covid and dies compared to when an infant, toddler, school kid or someone in the prime of their life dies from it. I agree. Having grown up on a farm I'm pretty desensitized to death having to butcher animals or send them to the slaughterhouse. When my older relatives pass away I don't get all that bummed out and just celebrate their long life.

I'm not sure how you seem to know that the numbers will prove this out that the vast majority of people that have died were within a few weeks/months of dying anyway. Is someone keeping track of the terminally ill people that have contracted Covid? I've yet to see that statistic. It would be nice to know that the vast majority of deaths were basically equivalent to the kulling of the terminally ill population.

Of course that doesn't do much for the overwhelmed hospitals across the country and the folks that will be dealing with the side effects of having Covid for the remainder of their lives, but it does lessen the blow to those that believe the vast majority of the elderly dying aren't just a few weeks/months from dying anyway.

I hope you continue to follow this and provide updates.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:28 pm
wapiti wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

We are all on our "way out". Each day brings us a day closer to our last. This perception that the people who have died were going to die in the near future is bizarre to me. The “would have died anyway” argument is often advocated by the same people who think Covid-19 is not as serious as health officials say it is or that it’s an outright hoax. Is one human worth less than another because likely to have less time yet to live? Is the death of an elderly person less tragic because they are old? Many of these same people claim to be pro-life and Christians, but this discount of life does not align with these beliefs.

Per the CDC:
The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years. However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average, and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ≥85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.
Based on NVSS data, excess deaths have occurred every week in the United States since March 2020. An estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died since January 26, 2020; approximately two thirds of these deaths were attributed to COVID-19. A recent analysis of excess deaths from March through July reported very similar findings, but that study did not include more recent data through September.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am
These are all the dates with 2,000 or more deaths as you can see November is creeping in there. Hopefully this current peak is the last as cases do appear to be stabilizing. Would be nice to be on a downward trend as the vaccines are brought on line.

1. 2,744 - April 21
2. 2,695 - April 15
3. 2,633 - April 14
4. 2,601 - April 17
5. 2,582 - May 6
6. 2,541 - April 28
7. 2,459 - April 29
8. 2,420 - April 22
9. 2,413 - April 23
9. 2,413 - May 5
11. 2,283 - April 10
12. 2,280 - April 30
13. 2,278 - April 7
14. 2,255 - April 16
15. 2,212 - April 8
16. 2,194 - November 24
17. 2,177 - May 7
18. 2,151 - April 9
19. 2,114 - April 25
20. 2,070 - April 11
21. 2,067 - November 19
2,611 deaths today, according to worldometers.com. Hopefully that’s due the backlog from Thanksgiving weekend.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:38 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm
iaafan wrote:
These are all the dates with 2,000 or more deaths as you can see November is creeping in there. Hopefully this current peak is the last as cases do appear to be stabilizing. Would be nice to be on a downward trend as the vaccines are brought on line.

1. 2,744 - April 21
2. 2,695 - April 15
3. 2,633 - April 14
4. 2,601 - April 17
5. 2,582 - May 6
6. 2,541 - April 28
7. 2,459 - April 29
8. 2,420 - April 22
9. 2,413 - April 23
9. 2,413 - May 5
11. 2,283 - April 10
12. 2,280 - April 30
13. 2,278 - April 7
14. 2,255 - April 16
15. 2,212 - April 8
16. 2,194 - November 24
17. 2,177 - May 7
18. 2,151 - April 9
19. 2,114 - April 25
20. 2,070 - April 11
21. 2,067 - November 19
2,611 deaths today, according to worldometers.com. Hopefully that’s due the backlog from Thanksgiving weekend.
Fauci predicted we could hit 3000 in a day by Christmas. Let’s hope he’s wrong on this one.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:11 am

UPDATE: (Yesterday, 12/1/20 was the fourth deadliest so far; I got a bad feeling about today...already 417 at 9:11 am)
1. 2,744 - April 21
2. 2,695 - April 15
3. 2,633 - April 14
4. 2,614 - December 1
5. 2,601 - April 17
6. 2,582 - May 6
7. 2,541 - April 28
8. 2,459 - April 29
9. 2,420 - April 22
10. 2,413 - April 23
10. 2,413 - May 5
12. 2,332 - November 25
13. 2,283 - April 10
14. 2,280 - April 30
15. 2,278 - April 7
16. 2,255 - April 16
17. 2,212 - April 8
18. 2,210 - November 24
19. 2,177 - May 7
20. 2,151 - April 9
21. 2,114 - April 25
22. 2,070 - April 11
23. 2,067 - November 19
(this list is all the days over 2,000 from the worldometers.com website)

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 am

I see that the White House task force is now urging public health officials to bypass state policies.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am

The cdc has lowered the quarantine time to 7 days.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am
Yes, they've been thinking about doing that for awhile. That's good, I hope! I think it's 7-10 days depending on circumstance??

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am
Yes, they've been thinking about doing that for awhile. That's good, I hope! I think it's 7-10 days depending on circumstance??
The change is still not official. I am glad that it is a CDC decision and not a Pence decision.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:21 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm
iaafan wrote:

1. 2,744 - April 21
2. 2,695 - April 15
3. 2,633 - April 14
4. 2,601 - April 17
5. 2,582 - May 6
6. 2,541 - April 28
7. 2,459 - April 29
8. 2,420 - April 22
9. 2,413 - April 23
9. 2,413 - May 5
11. 2,283 - April 10
12. 2,280 - April 30
13. 2,278 - April 7
14. 2,255 - April 16
15. 2,212 - April 8
16. 2,194 - November 24
17. 2,177 - May 7
18. 2,151 - April 9
19. 2,114 - April 25
20. 2,070 - April 11
21. 2,067 - November 19
Fauci predicted we could hit 3000 in a day by Christmas. Let’s hope he’s wrong on this one.
Over 2,000 today already. Yikes!!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 am

The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years. However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average, and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ≥85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.

Based on NVSS data, excess deaths have occurred every week in the United States since March 2020. An estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died since January 26, 2020; approximately two thirds of these deaths were attributed to COVID-19. A recent analysis of excess deaths from March through July reported very similar findings, but that study did not include more recent data through September.
I’m totally confused by this. Isn’t this directly at odds with the deleted article (’Relatively No Effect on Deaths' in U.S.) that basically made the claim that there were no excess deaths?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:36 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 am

I’m totally confused by this. Isn’t this directly at odds with the deleted article (’Relatively No Effect on Deaths' in U.S.) that basically made the claim that there were no excess deaths?
Every disease, mishap, illness has relatively no effect on deaths. We’re all going to die some’time’ and considering that the planet is some 5 billion years old and the cosmos is some 13 billion years old whether we die at birth or at the age of Methuselah (969-years-young) has little bearing relative to time.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber