Cure worse than the problem?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Dude, “Covid deaths are not more important, sad, or newsworthy than other deaths. Locking down our economy, society, schools, & violating our freedoms to avoid one type of death (inasmuch as any of these measures even work) is increasing other types of health risks & deaths.”

I don’t understand your viewpoint that these tyrannical governmental measures are worth it for a disease with a 99.##% survival rate. Happy Thanksgiving with your government mandated limits and I trust you will adhere & obey them throughout this holiday season!
Obviously you do not care about the people that die from COVID (you made that abundantly clear with that statement). But do you care that now hospital beds are full and people with medical issues not related to COVID are at risk too? That elective surgeries are being put on hold? People are not receiving medical care from specialized doctors and nurses because they have been pulled away to care for COVID patients? Fine you don’t care about COVID, but the cold hard fact is COVID is putting a strain on our healthcare system and resources. So it is best that we all start thinking macro and not micro.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4825
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:28 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Dude, “Covid deaths are not more important, sad, or newsworthy than other deaths.
Obviously you do not care about the people that die from COVID (you made that abundantly clear with that statement).
:lol:

Man, does ANYTHING sum up our current state of communication with one another, both politically and pandemic related than these two sentences?! This was incredible.

=D^



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:28 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Dude, “Covid deaths are not more important, sad, or newsworthy than other deaths.
Obviously you do not care about the people that die from COVID (you made that abundantly clear with that statement).
:lol:

Man, does ANYTHING sum up our current state of communication with one another, both politically and pandemic related than these two sentences?! This was incredible.

=D^
:lol: \:D/
Really!?!? How so?


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm

I saw a guy wearing a mask that said, “this mask is as worthless as our governor” today. Some Covid humor for ya!


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:06 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm
I saw a guy wearing a mask that said, “this mask is as worthless as our governor” today. Some Covid humor for ya!
Ive seen that guy



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm
I am all for being safe, but the CDC loses credibility with such asinine guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/cdc-a ... s-pandemic
“Encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors,” one of the CDC’s bullet points recommend. “Keep music levels down so people don’t have to shout or speak loudly to be heard.”

Aside from boisterous environments, the CDC has labeled alcohol consumption as a high risk activity.

In the agency’s own words: “Using alcohol or drugs that may alter judgment and make it more difficult to practice COVID-19 safety measures.”
Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
Dude, “Covid deaths are not more important, sad, or newsworthy than other deaths. Locking down our economy, society, schools, & violating our freedoms to avoid one type of death (inasmuch as any of these measures even work) is increasing other types of health risks & deaths.”

I don’t understand your viewpoint that these tyrannical governmental measures are worth it for a disease with a 99.##% survival rate. Happy Thanksgiving with your government mandated limits and I trust you will adhere & obey them throughout this holiday season!
COVID deaths are not “more important“ than other deaths, however they are to some degree preventable, so we should be doing what we can to help prevent further deaths. If we could do that for other diseases, I would feel the same way.

I don’t understand the disconnect between understanding that by taking very simple measures (masks, distancing, hand washing, etc.), that doing these things means we DON’T HAVE TO close down businesses, schools, etc. It’s pretty simple, but people’s stubbornness and and impatience is getting the best of them and ruining it for everyone. Personally, if I can go to work, go to the store, go out to eat... and all I have to do to have those things is wear a mask, then I’ll wear the damn mask (and wear it correctly). This is not communism, it’s science, and our medical professionals are literally begging people to listen to us. We are nearing the point that we are going to be forced to ration health care, both for COVID and non-COVID patients, because our hospitals are at their breaking point, and still people continue to ignore our pleas. I no longer have patience for this ignorance, I’m burnt out and I’m pissed off about it. I can’t even imagine how our E.D. and ICU docs & nurses must feel.

Just because there is a very high survival rate doesn’t mean this disease doesn’t cause a lot of problems. I see people all the time that have “recovered,” but months later continue to have respiratory, cardiac, and brain dysfunction. Fun things like 30% lung capacity, cardiac arrhythmia & tachycardia, brain fog. I don’t have hard statistics, but I would estimate somewhere in the 10-20% of people who recover from COVID experience these lingering effects, to different degrees. And guess what, they are miserable. Still, months later. They don’t know if they will ever fully recover because, guess what, it’s a new disease and we just don’t know. Those are fun conversations to have with people.

Screw the politicians. Listen to the doctors and nurses who are on the front lines.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4825
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 pm

COVID deaths are not “more important“ than other deaths, however they are to some degree preventable, so we should be doing what we can to help prevent further deaths. If we could do that for other diseases, I would feel the same way.
Your post is all factual. This part grabbed my attention though. Because we CAN take these same measures for other diseases and sicknesses and save lives! That is the point many of us have made over this pandemic.

Let’s pretend for a second Covid never existed. We’ve never even heard of it. (Wouldn’t that be nice?!) Every SINGLE thing that we have been asked to do over the last 8 months still pertains to all illnesses! Masks will ALWAYS save lives. If people are so inclined to wear masks now to save lives, those people should plan on ALWAYS wearing masks from here on out. So far I only recall 1AA saying he intends on wearing masks forever now, and I respect that.

If completely screwing over kids education is worth it right now in the name of saving lives, then this will ALWAYS be the case. Education with remote learning has proved to be a complete joke and nightmare, but if it’s the right thing to do for the greater good.....it’s ALWAYS the right thing to do to save lives.

If the obvious and smart thing to do is force bars and restaurants to close at 10.....they should ALWAYS close at 10! If this is really a smart and scientific proven method to save lives, that shouldn’t change after we have a vaccine.

Like I said, nothing in your post was untrue. What I have never been able to wrap my mind around are the opinions of those people so passionate about doing any and all things to prevent Covid deaths.......yet aren’t willing to do those same things to prevent other deaths. It’s because of this that some people get the impression that others believe that protecting people from Covid is far more important than protecting people from other ways of getting sick and dying. Because that’s what it seems like sometimes.

I’ve tried to distance myself from these discussions over the last few months because it was consuming me! But Butchers post above seems to sum up precisely why this has turned into such a divisive topic.

Hopefully they fast track the vaccine, people actually use it, and this will all be a lame blip in the radar in half a year! [-o<



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:50 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 pm

COVID deaths are not “more important“ than other deaths, however they are to some degree preventable, so we should be doing what we can to help prevent further deaths. If we could do that for other diseases, I would feel the same way.
Your post is all factual. This part grabbed my attention though. Because we CAN take these same measures for other diseases and sicknesses and save lives! That is the point many of us have made over this pandemic.

Let’s pretend for a second Covid never existed. We’ve never even heard of it. (Wouldn’t that be nice?!) Every SINGLE thing that we have been asked to do over the last 8 months still pertains to all illnesses! Masks will ALWAYS save lives. If people are so inclined to wear masks now to save lives, those people should plan on ALWAYS wearing masks from here on out. So far I only recall 1AA saying he intends on wearing masks forever now, and I respect that.

If completely screwing over kids education is worth it right now in the name of saving lives, then this will ALWAYS be the case. Education with remote learning has proved to be a complete joke and nightmare, but if it’s the right thing to do for the greater good.....it’s ALWAYS the right thing to do to save lives.

If the obvious and smart thing to do is force bars and restaurants to close at 10.....they should ALWAYS close at 10! If this is really a smart and scientific proven method to save lives, that shouldn’t change after we have a vaccine.

Like I said, nothing in your post was untrue. What I have never been able to wrap my mind around are the opinions of those people so passionate about doing any and all things to prevent Covid deaths.......yet aren’t willing to do those same things to prevent other deaths. It’s because of this that some people get the impression that others believe that protecting people from Covid is far more important than protecting people from other ways of getting sick and dying. Because that’s what it seems like sometimes.

I’ve tried to distance myself from these discussions over the last few months because it was consuming me! But Butchers post above seems to sum up precisely why this has turned into such a divisive topic.

Hopefully they fast track the vaccine, people actually use it, and this will all be a lame blip in the radar in half a year! [-o<
Honestly, I hear your point, but I really don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison. COVID is a unique bug, not necessarily in it's ability to kill, but in how easily transmissible it is. This thing spreads like wildfire, and the resultant effects are so completely across the board, no one really knows how it is going to affect them until they get it. The regular flu and cold don't spread anything near as easily, and don't have near the same effect on the population at large. We also have decades of information on the long-term effects of these diseases and how to treat them, while we have nothing to help tell us what the effects of COVID will be in 5, 10, 20 years.

Please, listen to the medical professionals. They are pleading with people to listen and understand that this is a unique beast that is worth adapting our culture around - temporarily - until we figure out how to control it via vaccine. Thank god, there might finally be a light at the end of the tunnel, but we're still months away from resuming life as we knew it last year. I have yet to meet one single person who LOVES wearing a mask or missing events or whatever else, but I truly think it's all in how you approach it. If you just feel sorry for the kids, tell them how terrible it is that they don't get to go to school, talk negatively around them about it, then no wonder kids are struggling. I think if you approached it in a more positive way, looked at it as an opportunity to teach them how to adapt to bad circumstances, etc., they would probably handle it a lot differently. Same with businesses. The businesses that rolled up their sleeves early on and pivoted to something new, while probably not having banner years, are making it work and will hopefully come out of this mess stronger than ever before. Restaurants that quickly adapted to take-out and made it fun and unique, adding take-home cocktails and things like free delivery, are still doing okay and hopefully will flourish when they can fully reopen because they have likely built up a lot of really dedicated patrons during this time. Places that took months to hop on this train and seem to be doing it begrudgingly, complaining constantly to their customers and on social media, probably aren't doing as well. It's really sad, I hate to see anyone struggling in their businesses or at home, but I also think it's kind of a microcosm of life. Kind of a "life gives you lemons, make lemonade" kind of thing. Young people these days are so used to having everything handed to them on a platter, don't know how to adapt to things, don't really have much work ethic - if they can take something positive out of all this, learn how to do those things under very difficult circumstances, that is a life skill that will help them for the rest of their lives. It's only a complete negative if they don't learn anything at all from the experience.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm
I am all for being safe, but the CDC loses credibility with such asinine guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/cdc-a ... s-pandemic
“Encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors,” one of the CDC’s bullet points recommend. “Keep music levels down so people don’t have to shout or speak loudly to be heard.”

Aside from boisterous environments, the CDC has labeled alcohol consumption as a high risk activity.

In the agency’s own words: “Using alcohol or drugs that may alter judgment and make it more difficult to practice COVID-19 safety measures.”
Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm
I am all for being safe, but the CDC loses credibility with such asinine guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/cdc-a ... s-pandemic
“Encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors,” one of the CDC’s bullet points recommend. “Keep music levels down so people don’t have to shout or speak loudly to be heard.”

Aside from boisterous environments, the CDC has labeled alcohol consumption as a high risk activity.

In the agency’s own words: “Using alcohol or drugs that may alter judgment and make it more difficult to practice COVID-19 safety measures.”
Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
And I am not saying that you should not wear a mask! My comment was maybe the CDC could focus on important things instead of issuing guidance to avoid singing! Such guidelines only take away from other important issues like social distancing, sanitation and masks.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10220
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by CelticCat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm
I am all for being safe, but the CDC loses credibility with such asinine guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/cdc-a ... s-pandemic
“Encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors,” one of the CDC’s bullet points recommend. “Keep music levels down so people don’t have to shout or speak loudly to be heard.”

Aside from boisterous environments, the CDC has labeled alcohol consumption as a high risk activity.

In the agency’s own words: “Using alcohol or drugs that may alter judgment and make it more difficult to practice COVID-19 safety measures.”
Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm
I am all for being safe, but the CDC loses credibility with such asinine guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/cdc-a ... s-pandemic

Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 am


Could you explain how this is "asinine"?

Singing has widely been know to create super spreader events and doctors are trying to discourage any unnecessary outbreaks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/612868/
I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.
So you weren’t mad or upset, just kind of casually bothered a little?

Yes, only 5% has had Covid, but Covid has had an affect on a considerably larger portion of the population than that.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am

I will let you go ahead and police any singing and drinking. Make sure the limited number of guests attending any function are told that singing could endanger others. I am sure you will be the life of the party and will save many lives at the same time.
Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.
So you weren’t mad or upset, just kind of casually bothered a little?

Yes, only 5% has had Covid, but Covid has had an affect on a considerably larger portion of the population than that.
I definitely didn’t think the guidelines recommending against singing was needed, but saying I was mad about it is just not true. You guys don’t see any lack of common sense in issuing such a guideline? Don’t you think that it takes away from the more important items at hand?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am


Wow... Nice response. :roll:
I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.
So you weren’t mad or upset, just kind of casually bothered a little?

Yes, only 5% has had Covid, but Covid has had an affect on a considerably larger portion of the population than that.
I definitely didn’t think the guidelines recommending against singing was needed, but saying I was mad about it is just not true. You guys don’t see any lack of common sense in issuing such a guideline? Don’t you think that it takes away from the more important items at hand?
So just casually bothered and you realize that Covid is having a profound effect on America.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am

I said it is asinine. You defended it. I said go ahead And do it at your next social function. What is wrong with that? 🤷‍♂️ Are you having second thoughts about how over the top this is?
Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.
So you weren’t mad or upset, just kind of casually bothered a little?

Yes, only 5% has had Covid, but Covid has had an affect on a considerably larger portion of the population than that.
I definitely didn’t think the guidelines recommending against singing was needed, but saying I was mad about it is just not true. You guys don’t see any lack of common sense in issuing such a guideline? Don’t you think that it takes away from the more important items at hand?
So just casually bothered and you realize that Covid is having a profound effect on America.
Covid is absolutely a big deal. It has changed the way we live. It has resulted in deaths and ruined some people financially. Why would you think my comments regarding CDC guidelines on “singing out loud and drinking alcohol” would make you think that Covid is not serious?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am


Just to be clear, do you think it's asinine because it's unenforceable, or is it asinine because you don't believe it's solid medical advice?
Unenforceable and common sense. If you visit the doctor, should he inform you that you should never walk with your eyes closed? If he did, would you take his future advice as credible or with a grain of salt?
Dude, we are in a pandemic that has a stranglehold on our country, our healthcare system, our economy, and is killing people. Why on earth would you be upset about advice that is trying to help?

I don't understand the viewpoint of seeing this advice from the CDC and thinking "that's dumb, so now the CDC has less credibility". I just don't get it.
So I am guessing the FCC should issue specific guidelines for your Cat chats. They should include specific guidelines for power source, type of plug for the outlet, type of approved camera, level of lighting, etc. What is that you say??? That is all common sense and isn’t needed? That the type of camera you use is up to you? Hmmm... Do you really think that the CDC guidelines warning against singing and the drinking of alcohol is needed and will save lives? Are you going to inform any visitors this holiday to abide by CDC guidelines?
Well, we aren't going to have any visitors this holiday, but if we did no, I wouldn't read the guidelines out loud to them, but I'd abide by them minus the alcohol bit :lol: . But we'd all be wearing masks when we weren't eating and distancing when we were.

And that's not even apples to apples. The CDC has released guidelines, not rules. You aren't going to get fined or jailed or even a slap on the wrist if you crank up that Michael Buble. Also we are extremely novice when it comes to our podcast, but I'm pretty sure most electronics you'd use for podcasts come with manuals telling you what kind of power supply you can safely use, what kind of chord is recommend, etc.

Do you get mad when you see an ad for buckling up? It's common sense. When you see a warning label on something that is clearly not food that says do not eat? When medicine bottles say do not operate heavy machinery? There is overkill common sense guidelines and labels everywhere in our society.

There are a lot of things to be upset about right now, the CDC recommending you encourage your guests not get wasted and have to yell to communicate with each other seems like it would be pretty far down the list.
Who said I was mad about the guidelines? I said that they were asinine. You kind of made my point for me though... You said that this is pretty far down the list. My point being that the CDC should have plenty on their hands to deal with versus recommending against singing out loud and drinking alcohol. And your examples above are all warranted safety precautions EVERY TIME you drive a car, take medicine or might be poisonous. However, issuing guidelines that no singing out loud or drinking alcohol despite for all people despite the fact that less than 5% of our population has had Covid seems to be overreaching.
So you weren’t mad or upset, just kind of casually bothered a little?

Yes, only 5% has had Covid, but Covid has had an affect on a considerably larger portion of the population than that.
I definitely didn’t think the guidelines recommending against singing was needed, but saying I was mad about it is just not true. You guys don’t see any lack of common sense in issuing such a guideline? Don’t you think that it takes away from the more important items at hand?
So just casually bothered and you realize that Covid is having a profound effect on America.
Covid is absolutely a big deal. It has changed the way we live. It has resulted in deaths and ruined some people financially. Why would you think my comments regarding CDC guidelines on “singing out loud and drinking alcohol” would make you think that Covid is not serious?
is that what i said? if so i retract all of it. i’m just reiterating that you’re casually bothered and you realize that covid is having a profound effect on america.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am

So the Governor of South Dakota who has prided herself on a hands off approach related to COVID sure is making headlines (and not in a good way). Interesting stat in the piece, 42 deaths of COVID Sunday and annually 48 deaths from the flu each year. Anti-science believers are literally killing people. This is pathetic and disgusting.




grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Helena

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by grizgirl » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am
So the Governor of South Dakota who has prided herself on a hands off approach related to COVID sure is making headlines (and not in a good way). Interesting stat in the piece, 42 deaths of COVID Sunday and annually 48 deaths from the flu each year. Anti-science believers are literally killing people. This is pathetic and disgusting.

Basically murder.

Can you impeach a governor?



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3490
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Cure worse than the problem?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am
So the Governor of South Dakota who has prided herself on a hands off approach related to COVID sure is making headlines (and not in a good way). Interesting stat in the piece, 42 deaths of COVID Sunday and annually 48 deaths from the flu each year. Anti-science believers are literally killing people. This is pathetic and disgusting.

Basically murder.

Can you impeach a governor?
Do you feel the same about Cuomo?

....you know with the nursing home deaths...


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Post Reply