Bullock....what now?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Bullock....what now?

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:22 pm

So now that Bullock has finally ended his presidential bid, which never got off the ground in the first place, where does he go now? Obviously he's our governor for the next year or so, but what next? I assume he won't run for senate. Is he positioning himself for a cabinet position? Will he follow the Marc Racicot path of working for a big money lobbying firm in DC? Will he seemingly disappear, other than serving on a few board of directors, like Brian Schweitzer?

(Note: I'd appreciate if we could keep this discussion somewhat civil and not go directly to the childish name calling, personal insults and partisan talking points.)

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Re: Bullock....what now?

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Getting a cabinet position was probably his original intent to begin with. However, I think it would take a miracle for any of the current Democrat candidates to become president.

Does Bullock have a law degree? I could see him joining a prestigious law firm in the state if he does.

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 am

Amazing at the number that had tossed their hats into the ring. Slowly they are winnowing down as they realize no one wants what they are selling...

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Getting a cabinet position was probably his original intent to begin with. However, I think it would take a miracle for any of the current Democrat candidates to become president.

Does Bullock have a law degree? I could see him joining a prestigious law firm in the state if he does.
I sure hope he does, he was Attorney General before governor!

I see him looking for a cabinet position if the Dems win next year. If that doesn't pan out, cataholic is probably right, he'll join a law firm.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 pm

I sure hope he does, he was Attorney General before governor!

I see him looking for a cabinet position if the Dems win next year. If that doesn't pan out, cataholic is probably right, he'll join a law firm.
I completely forgot about that. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago. I just googled it and he has a law degree from Columbia. It is very possible that he may join a national firm with that degree, or do something similar to what Racicot did in Washington.