Fab 4! VB @ Wichita State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Fab 4! VB @ Wichita State

Post by CatBot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:56 pm

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Fab 4! VB @ Wichita State

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:34 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:57 pm
CatBot wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:51 am
MSU01 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:30 am
Congrats to Kira! Wichita State swept UTEP 3-0 in El Paso to win the tournament, they went 15-1 in sets through the tournament so were pretty clearly the best team in the field.
Thanks for the update. I had missed that final. Cats actually had an actual set point against Wichita St, so that's accomplishment in my mind.
A big congratulations to Kira, that is a well deserved honor.
Wichita State did prove themselves to be the best team in that tournament. The Bobcats played them as tough as any team they met and in fact challenged them more than UTEP did in the championship match. That championship match was a home game for UTEP who hadn't lost a home match all year. Even with that home court advantage UTEP didn't come as close to winning any set as the Bobcats did, and the Cats had to do it on Wichita's home court where the Shockers were undefeated this year.

Again that tournament was great experience and exposure for the players and the volleyball program. Despite the loss of some key senior players I expect this team to be even better in the coming year and beyond.
Kira is a generational talent and will be tough to replace! Thanks for all the great memories, Kira, Emma and all of the seniors!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz