Big Sky Volleyball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Re: Big Sky Volleyball

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 pm

Season ends on a 3-1 defeat by Portland State, 18-25, 19-25, 25-22, 7-25. Went on a 10-0 run in the third set to grab some momentum, but it was fleeting. Last set was the worst score of the season.

This is a young team with a lot of potential and they had some great wins this year. The biggest question mark now is the coaching situation.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Nvcat
New Recruit

Post by Nvcat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:17 am

Although they lost I am impressed by there play in the last 4 weeks individual improvement was apparent.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:49 am

Really rough way to end it, but it's very impressive how the team overcame the adversity of losing its coach and playing significant portions of the season without key players to get as far as they did. I'm sure they'll have that 25-7 score in their minds during every off-season practice and workout - no better motivation to improve than that!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:39 am

This team showed a whole lot of grit this year and competed hard on every point all season long. Lots to feel good about going into next year.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:15 am

Yep. Agree with others. I hope we can get the coaching situation settled sooner rather than later….and we don’t lose any ladies if there is a coaching change. If they hang together, their best VB is in front of them….and they had flashes of brilliance at times.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:15 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:15 am
Yep. Agree with others. I hope we can get the coaching situation settled sooner rather than later….and we don’t lose any ladies if there is a coaching change. If they hang together, their best VB is in front of them….and they had flashes of brilliance at times.
Whats up with the coaching situation?

Hating the griz since 02.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:38 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:15 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
I don't think we know at this point. Daniel Jones is still listed as the Head Coach on the online roster at least for now. If he doesn't return, I would hope that Coach Aiazzi is seriously considered to take over. What he was able to do with the team this year was very impressive - the only question with him is probably that he's still very young and relatively inexperienced compared to the average D-1 head coach.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:33 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:38 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:15 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
I don't think we know at this point. Daniel Jones is still listed as the Head Coach on the online roster at least for now. If he doesn't return, I would hope that Coach Aiazzi is seriously considered to take over. What he was able to do with the team this year was very impressive - the only question with him is probably that he's still very young and relatively inexperienced compared to the average D-1 head coach.
I haven’t heard anything new re Daniel Jones status either. I know Leon is on top of it and trust him to guide us through it. Aiazzi did seem to have a good repoire with the team and did a great job in the Acting Head Coach role.