Bobcats Win Big Sky Men's All-Sports Trophy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Bobcats Win Big Sky Men's All-Sports Trophy

Post by Rich K » Wed May 25, 2022 10:56 am

Thought this deserved it's own thread:
https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/5/25/g ... rophy.aspx
BIG SKY MEN'S ALL-SPORTS TROPHIES
17 – Northern Arizona
16 – Weber State
7 – Boise State*
6 – Montana State
5 – Nevada*
3 – Idaho State
2 – Idaho, Montana
1 – Eastern Washington
...more...
The Bobcats won the program's first men's basketball regular season title since 2002, and the first tournament championship since 1996. MSU shared the men's tennis regular season title, finished second in football and outdoor track and field, and third in cross country and indoor track and field.

In addition to the program-wide team highlights, Bobcat individuals starred in 2021-22. Troy Andersen won the FCS Football National Defensive Player of the Year honor by the FCS/ADA, as well as reeling in Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year and unanimous All-America honors. He was a CoSIDA First Team Academic All-America, FCS/ADA All-Scholar, and was the only FCS honoree as one of 13 National Football Foundation All-Scholar selections.

The league honored Bobcats with both regular season and tournament MVPs. Junior center Jubrile Belo earned the Big Sky Player of the Year award, while the league feted Xavier Bishop as the Most Valuable Player of the league tournament. Drake Schneider earned Big Sky Outdoor Track and Field Men's Most Outstanding Performer, while the men's tennis doubles team of Matej Panik and Jamieson Nathan became the second Bobcat duo ever to qualify for the NCAA Individual Doubles Tournament.

Montana State ran away from the league in the final all-sports standings, averaging 10.30 points over its five conference sports. Northern Arizona, whose seven-season reign in men's all-sports standings ended with MSU's title this year, finished second 7.80 points, while Weber State was third (7.33), Montana fourth (6.60) and Idaho fifth (6.16). Southern Utah, Eastern Washington, Sacramento State, Northern Colorado, Portland State and Idaho State rounded out the standings. MSU's winning margin over its next closest competitor is the largest since the Big Sky adopted its current scoring format in 2017.
...more...

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcats Win Big Sky Men's All-Sports Trophy

Post by CatBot » Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm

=D^ Really shows how broadly this University is successful across so many programs. Another reflection of the incredible leadership. 3rd for the women is a great result too. Wow.

Really surprised low the gris are in overall wins. Sounds like a pot shot, well it was actually, but I am genuinely surprised.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm

CatBot wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm
=D^ Really shows how broadly this University is successful across so many programs. Another reflection of the incredible leadership. 3rd for the women is a great result too. Wow.

Really surprised low the gris are in overall wins. Sounds like a pot shot, well it was actually, but I am genuinely surprised.
Where'd you find the women's results? Is there a story?

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Wed May 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm
CatBot wrote:

In the body of this article:

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

CatBot wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:20 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm
CatBot wrote:

In the body of this article:
Thanks. That's about where I figured the women would finish. I am genuinely surprised at how poorly the gris finished, but I'll take the pot shot by mentioning it. Is Monte still there?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu May 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Also shocked at the gris being so low. But they did invent the game of football..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:26 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:03 pm
Also shocked at the gris being so low. But they did invent the game of football..
Darn it. You have Robbie 3 more tackles.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back