Indoor T&F Conference Championships

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Indoor T&F Conference Championships

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:10 pm

The meet started yesterday and you can watch it on ESPN+. Probably pretty boring right now for most people that aren't big track fans. Heptathlon/Pentathlon are going on right now, then the rest of the athletes get going and it'll get more exciting. Tough watch right now...they're showing the men's Heptathlon pole vault and the guys are at 6'4", which wouldn't even be an opening height at a HS JV meet. High jump yesterday was similar with some guys finishing in the low 5' range. But an Idaho State kid ended up jumping 6'11, so it wasn't all bad. I'm sure we'll have at least a couple in the PV over 15', which gets fun to watch.

Check it out though, once we get going there will be some impressive performances.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor T&F Conference Championships

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:18 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:10 pm
The meet started yesterday and you can watch it on ESPN+. Probably pretty boring right now for most people that aren't big track fans. Heptathlon/Pentathlon are going on right now, then the rest of the athletes get going and it'll get more exciting. Tough watch right now...they're showing the men's Heptathlon pole vault and the guys are at 6'4", which wouldn't even be an opening height at a HS JV meet. High jump yesterday was similar with some guys finishing in the low 5' range. But an Idaho State kid ended up jumping 6'11, so it wasn't all bad. I'm sure we'll have at least a couple in the PV over 15', which gets fun to watch.

Check it out though, once we get going there will be some impressive performances.
That is the only place to watch events?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:22 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:18 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:

You mean ESPN+? I believe it is but I'm not positive.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Hunter Nicholson from MSU just took 3rd in the Heptathlon. I haven't followed him closely this year, but he came in as the 10th seed for whatever reason. That's the first completed event on the men's side, so that's MSU's first points of the meet. The women competed in the Pentathlon yesterday and MSU didn't make the podium.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:34 pm

Lucy Corbett just won the high jump with 6'2.25", which is an inch better than the previous conference record. She's alone in 2nd place in the nation behind an athlete from Texas A&M.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:40 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:34 pm
Lucy Corbett just won the high jump with 6'2.25", which is an inch better than the previous conference record. She's alone in 2nd place in the nation behind an athlete from Texas A&M.
Moments ago she missed on her 3rd attempt on 6' 3.25" but obviously wins the conference title going away. Here's her winning jump:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:06 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:18 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Probably should have said IS that the only place to watch? I used to watch on another site, maybe the BOBCAT Athletics..

msubobcats@outlook.com

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Thanks to folks who post updates!!!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:37 am

Seems like with where points are and number of athletes in finals we should finish above griz in both men and women. I am not sure how points are awarded though so some one with more knowledge chime in.

Sports is not bigger than life

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:10 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:37 am
Seems like with where points are and number of athletes in finals we should finish above griz in both men and women. I am not sure how points are awarded though so some one with more knowledge chime in.
1-10
2-8
3-6
4-5
5-4
6-3
7-2
8-1

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:24 pm

I just missed Lucy Corbett’s final jump but caught the podium ceremony and several replays. Congratulations to her! I also really enjoyed what followed, the men’s and women’s 60-meter sprints and the men’s weight throw. Several record- or near record-breaking performances. Excellent coverage and good picture quality. There must be a lot of cameras covering all the sports and viewing angles. I can’t imagine the effort it requires to transform the Fieldhouse for an event like this. I encourage all ‘Cat fans to check it out on ESPN+.

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:49 pm

Is anyone aware of where we can go to see the individual results of various events?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:51 pm

gocats77 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:49 pm
Is anyone aware of where we can go to see the individual results of various events?
https://live.athletic.net/meets/12793

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Thank you, MSU01!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Felt bad for Olsen in men's 60 hurdles. Great final. Then they said a false start. All runners finished, no one pulled up. He had to run 60 finals and then run again. Others did as well. But he was really impacted and ended seventh.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:31 pm

How do they decide who is in what heat on longer races.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:19 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:31 pm
How do they decide who is in what heat on longer races.
Should be by the top 8 times from the heats.

msubobcats@outlook.com

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:30 pm

They didn't do prelims in them. 3000 guy from NAU was smoking. But he had a couple team members who really pushed him first couple laps. Then one dipped of and end up lapped. Other dropped back couple laps to go. Top MSU guys were in next heat. Ran well, just surprised all top not in same heat.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:00 pm

MSU men finish 3rd, women 4th. Men were 3 points out of 2nd place, women were 5 points out of 2nd. NAU dominated as usual. Great job Bobcats!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:26 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:19 pm
Felt bad for Olsen in men's 60 hurdles. Great final. Then they said a false start. All runners finished, no one pulled up. He had to run 60 finals and then run again. Others did as well. But he was really impacted and ended seventh.
That was a bummer and it probably ended up costing the Bobcat men second place. I never heard exactly what the problem was with the first running of that race.

As it was the Bobcat men took 3rd place with 107 points to ID 110. NAU took first with 170

The lady Cats took 4th with 65 points.

Poor Gris men took 8th with 30.5 and Gris women took 7th with 44.

Great day of indoor track for BSC and both Bobcat teams. 2 more points toward the brawl trophy for us. YEA!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!