Bobcat Men's Rugby Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Bobcat Men's Rugby Team

Post by FYI » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:44 pm

I don't recall seeing anything about these guys on BN. They went undefeated and played Auburn for the division II national championship. I can not find the results. Anyone have any news...or is it posted somewhere? Thanx.

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Bobcat Men's Rugby Team

Post by FYI » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:44 pm

Anyone......anyone :yawn:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm

They have a Facebook page.

From that page:
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Auburn 31
Montana State 12
MSU controlled the ball the first 25 minutes of the game, which was rewarded with a Conner Ericksen try and a Finley Shepard conversion. Auburn came right back with a try off a Montana turnover and tied the game. Then Montana had a hard blow with Fly half Connor Ericksen going out with a knee injury. Soon after the War Eagles capitalized and scored in Ericksen's hole. This brought the halftime score to 12-7 in Auburn's favor.
Auburn came out hot in the second half scoring 19 points. The Cats got undisciplined making several mistakes and the Auburn team capitalized on them. Rookie Connor Kelly scored the lat try of the game on nice smash through the middle of the defense. "Ericksen is a huge leader on the field and loosing him really hurt us," said Coach Williams.
"The amazing thing about the weekend was we had 6 rookies in our starting 15 and 14 rookies on our roster of 23. Overall a great season with a young team," added Williams.
THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DONATED AND SHOWED UP IN NORTH CAROLINA TO HELP US OUT! OUR PARENTS AND PLAYERS FAMILIES ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:56 pm

Wow, what an answer. I was hoping for a score and got much, much more. Thanks. :thumbup: