Bobcat volleyball beats Boise State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Bobcat volleyball beats Boise State

Post by AFCAT » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:19 pm

This was a big win.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat volleyball beats Boise State

Post by CatBot » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:31 pm

AF beat me to it! Here's my post and I'll delete the other thread.

Huge win today by the Cats over Boise State. The Broncos were picked 2nd in the MWC by the coaches with two first place votes, and the Cats absolutely dominated. One subtext: this game squared off two elite Capital HS freshmen Audrey Hofer and Paige Bartsch, and Hofer not only played well in the game but earned bragging rights over her former teammate.

Another subtext is that I've watched two games on Stadium in my life: MBB beating UNLV and now Volleyball beating BSU. It seems I can't lose on Stadium, although I'm sorry to report I will be attending the the Wyoming game live and not watching on Stadium. Let's hope for the best here.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:03 pm

We were serious volleyball fans at MSU for many years. It took just one bad hire to dig a hole that’s lasted nearly 15 years. I was absolutely thrilled to see this. Congratulations to Coach Daniel Jones and the whole volleyball gang. Sweeeeet.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:26 pm

CatBot wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Huge win today by the Cats over Boise State. The Broncos were picked 2nd in the MWC by the coaches with two first place votes, and the Cats absolutely dominated. One subtext: this game squared off two elite Capital HS freshmen Audrey Hofer and Paige Bartsch, and Hofer not only played well in the game but earned bragging rights over her former teammate.

Another subtext is that I've watched two games on Stadium in my life: MBB beating UNLV and now Volleyball beating BSU. It seems I can't lose on Stadium, although I'm sorry to report I will be attending the the Wyoming game live and not watching on Stadium. Let's hope for the best here.

Mountain West has an app! You could open it and let it play while you are at War Memorial !

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:15 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:03 pm
We were serious volleyball fans at MSU for many years. It took just one bad hire to dig a hole that’s lasted nearly 15 years. I was absolutely thrilled to see this. Congratulations to Coach Daniel Jones and the whole volleyball gang. Sweeeeet.
From what I see, this team improved a bunch from last year. I didn't go through the roster, but there are a couple new names that can do it all. Not to take anything away from our veterans who also played great.

In the 4th and deciding set, the Cat defense had a run of 4 straight blocks/stuffs against All-MWC hitters that were truly unbelievable. I've watched some volleyball over the years, but you really didn't need to know anything about the sport to know that 4th set was a masterpiece.

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:16 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:26 pm
CatBot wrote:

Mountain West has an app! You could open it and let it play while you are at War Memorial !
Haha good call. I'll put a reminder in my phone.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 pm

CatBot wrote:

The Bartsch connection was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Cats won.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Good stuff! For those who aren't aware, MSU is playing its home tournament this week against Arkansas, Portland, and Utah State on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Will be a little busy with another sport Saturday afternoon but I look forward to checking them out on ESPN+ for the first two.

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:21 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Good stuff! For those who aren't aware, MSU is playing its home tournament this week against Arkansas, Portland, and Utah State on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Will be a little busy with another sport Saturday afternoon but I look forward to checking them out on ESPN+ for the first two.
Including TCU, these are some big time schools coming to Bozeman. Really impressive.