T&F/CC $1 million gift

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

T&F/CC $1 million gift

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Montana State University and Bobcat Athletics announced today a $1 million gift in support of the MSU track and field program in honor of former head coach Dale Kennedy. In honor of this gift, the head track and field coaching position will formally be named the Dale Kennedy Director of Track and Field/Cross Country, the first endowed coaching position in a Big Sky Conference athletic department.

The anonymous gift will provide necessary endowment resources to the track and field and cross-country programs to help their students excel in the classroom and in competition.

"We are grateful for this transformational gift to the track and field and cross country programs," said Leon Costello, Montana State Director of Athletics. "This endowment will provide funding to meet the strategic initiatives of the program and enhance the experience for its student-athletes. It is fitting it will bear the name of Dale Kennedy."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: T&F/CC $1 million gift

Post by wbtfg » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:42 pm

That’s awesome!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:11 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:11 pm
If this keeps up maybe the track team can build a huge stadium and let the football team borrow it a few times a year for games.