Bobcat Club phone calls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Bobcat Club phone calls

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 am

Just received a phone call last night from one of the freshmen on the women's basketball team thanking me for my Bobcat Club membership. She was very well spoken, and sounded very thankful to be participating in the calls. I think this is a great thing MSU Athletics is doing; it allows another venue for Bobcat athletes and fans to connect, allows fans to feel their Bobcat Club membership is really appreciated, and helps Bobcat athletes understand how much support is out there for them. It was a real pleasure to speak with her last night. Thank you!

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat Club phone calls

Post by canyoncat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 am

I got a call last night as well from Volleyball Player Meghan Albiston. Seemed a little nervous about doing it. Still very appreciated and I let her know. Thanks again Meghan!

GO CATS!!

GO CATS!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I seem to be lucky in who calls me - last year Bobby Daly and this year Jeff Hansen.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Got mine. Aaron Mason. Pretty sweet deal, all the way around.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:26 pm

WYCAT wrote:I seem to be lucky in who calls me - last year Bobby Daly and this year Jeff Hansen.
While it's cool that you got calls from well know football players, I think it is great that the calls come from a wide variety of student athletes who many of us may not have realized the difference we've been able to make for these people. I hope we don't pick favorites and hope everyone appreciates the calls no matter who they are from. I got my call last night while out to dinner so I feel bad in not knowing who called me, but she was from the volleyball team and I thought it was really cool to hear a thank you from a student athlete. It's a great program and I hope it goes a long way toward continuing support of the Bobcat Club.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:57 pm

I got mine from a volleyball player as well, but missed the call and she left a very nice voicemail.

I don't know about you guys, but being married and moving into my late middle thirties, it does my ego a lot more good to get a call from a successful young woman who wants to say nice things to me than it does to hear from some guy. :wink:

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 am

I feel like my mom and dad just scolded me for something really bad. Sorry for having an opinion guys but I would rather spend time talking to guys I follow throughout the course of a year and if that is my favorite I guess you are just going to have to live with that. And for you BAC, I didn't know you had an ego. :wink:

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 am

I received a call last night from a freshman football player. I am sure this is uncomfortable for them to do but he did a great job. I told him how much I appreciated the call and how much I appreciated all the hard work these guys put in during the season and off.

The Bobcat Club will be starting it's fundraising right after the holidays. All the money generated goes directly to scholarships for our athletes. If your not already a member and want to do something that will really help to improve our athletic teams please consider joining. The cost of scholarships is rising and if we are going to continue to compete on a high level your donations are crucial. If your within five years of graduation you can join for as little as $50. If not the minium is $100. There are some good benefits included. Most importantly, you are genuinely comtributing to making Bobcat atheltics better! If anyone is interested in joining, please send me (Bobcatbob) a message on here and I can help you.

Thanks!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:02 pm

bobcatbob wrote:If anyone is interested in joining, please send me (Bobcatbob) a message on here and I can help you.

Thanks!
Hey now, no fair edging in on our turf here! Go find your own website full of well-qualified Bobcat supporters to harrass, we got this one covered. 8) :wink: :lol:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:36 pm

WYCAT wrote:I feel like my mom and dad just scolded me for something really bad. Sorry for having an opinion guys but I would rather spend time talking to guys I follow throughout the course of a year and if that is my favorite I guess you are just going to have to live with that. And for you BAC, I didn't know you had an ego. :wink:
Sorry, didn't mean to scold, just didn't want some Freshman golfer or someone to read this thread and feel like a call from them isn't appreciated as much as that of a football player. I was just saying I don't care who it is making the calls I think it's awesome!

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Got a message from Mike Person last night. I really do appreciate all of these student athletes taking the time to make these calls, especially during finals week.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi Kmax-I don't care who gets the new members. Not trying to invade anyones territory. The more new members we have the better! It's goingto be really crucial if we want to keep up to the competition. I know we have tremendous bobacat fans on here. This is the best!!

mtcatsfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtcatsfan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:42 am

I received a call from a member of the women's golf team - I appreciate that they are having all sports participate in these calls since all sports are benefactors of the Bobcat Club...Being a student-athlete is not an easy task and being a GREAT student-athlete is even more difficult so I thank them for their willingness to make a simple phone call. AND, I thank all of you supporters of Bobcat Club...your contributions are what allow these kids to make these kinds of calls!! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am

bobcatbob wrote:Hi Kmax-I don't care who gets the new members. Not trying to invade anyones territory. The more new members we have the better! It's goingto be really crucial if we want to keep up to the competition. I know we have tremendous bobacat fans on here. This is the best!!
BB, I was just kidding around and had to give a little ribbing. I agree, the more new members the better no matter where they come from. :D

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon