Bobcat Club

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Bobcat Club

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:22 pm

I just got my renewal info for the Bobcat Club, and now is the perfect time for everybody to be getting those year-end charitable contributions sent in, so it's an ideal time to be considering your membership for 2009.

If you are already a member, send in your renewal before it slips your mind (like things always slip my mind).

If you are not already a member ... why not! This is the best way each of us can directly see to it that Bobcat Athletics are successful. If we don't contribute, we have nobody to blame but ourselves when we aren't happy with the results.

The Bobcat Club raised $700,000 in 2007 and they are aiming for raising $1,000,000 this time around.

For recent grads, you can join for as little as $50. For everyone else, membership can cost as little as $100. This money goes to directly fund the scholarships of the student-athletes, and every dollar you contribute is one more dollar that will be freed up to spend on recruiting, marketing, development, facilities, and everything else.

For more info, go to:

http://msubobcats.com/boosters.php

rtb

Re: Bobcat Club

Post by rtb » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:I just got my renewal info for the Bobcat Club, and now is the perfect time for everybody to be getting those year-end charitable contributions sent in, so it's an ideal time to be considering your membership for 2009.

If you are already a member, send in your renewal before it slips your mind (like things always slip my mind).

If you are not already a member ... why not! This is the best way each of us can directly see to it that Bobcat Athletics are successful. If we don't contribute, we have nobody to blame but ourselves when we aren't happy with the results.

The Bobcat Club raised $700,000 in 2007 and they are aiming for raising $1,000,000 this time around.

For recent grads, you can join for as little as $50. For everyone else, membership can cost as little as $100. This money goes to directly fund the scholarships of the student-athletes, and every dollar you contribute is one more dollar that will be freed up to spend on recruiting, marketing, development, facilities, and everything else.

For more info, go to:

Just want to add that kmax and I are helping out with the fund drive for 2009. If you aren't a member and want to become a member you should email kmax or myself if you have any questions or want to sign up. We'd be happy to take your pledges and make the process as easy as possible for you.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Now that's service that one just can't pass up!

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Sounds like a car commercial!

But in all seriousness, I applaud the effort that you guys go through for Bobcat Athletics. =D^

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:06 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:Sounds like a car commercial!

But in all seriousness, I applaud the effort that you guys go through for Bobcat Athletics. =D^
When we change our monikers to Krazy Kevin, Rebate Randy and Bargain Brad, then you will know for sure that we have crossed over to the car salesman side for good. :wink:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Now that's service that one just can't pass up!
That's what she said. :wink:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:07 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:
For more info, go to:

I went to more info and did not get what I was looking for. Since the Club provides schlorship monies, is it qualified 501(c)-3 or other tax exempt status??

I've been told the M Club is not exempt (still support it anyway).

thanks

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 am

Yes, it's a 501(c)(3) organization, listed as Montana State University Bobcat Club in the IRS database (I looked it up to be sure).

In the Bobcat Club literature, they take the position that 80% of the contributions are tax deductible (the other 20% is deemed to be the fair market value that one receives from being a member and is thus not deductible).