MSU NCAA Game DVD's-Football and Basketball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

MSU NCAA Game DVD's-Football and Basketball

Post by kmax » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 pm

So this was mentioned in the "where were you in 84" thread but with Christmas coming up I thought maybe this might be worth it's own thread real quick. The NCAA has certain playoff/championship games available for purchase on DVD. I know the Rhode Island semi-final game has been mentioned on this board several times, but I was just looking and realized that they also have the 86 first round Basketball tourney game against St. Johns available too. Both would probably make great gifts for any avid Bobcat fan.

1984 I-AA football semifinal game against Rhode Island
1986 first round basketball tourney game against St. Johns

Additionally they have a number of other football games listed in "pre-order" status including the 76 national championship game and the 06 Furman playoff game. If enough people give their name and email on the "pre-order" (don't have to commit or pay anything) they will make them available. You can see that list at http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?scho ... t=&commit=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The 1984 championship game is not listed there but you can go to http://www.ncaaondemand.com/contact/new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and make a request for them to add it, according to Old Skool Cat on the other thread they responded back saying they do have it and will add it if enough requests come in so lets get on it!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU NCAA Game DVD's-Football and Basketball

Post by Old Skool Cat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks for the additional thread on this topic. I would love to be able to see that game again!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 am

Hmmm....response I got back from the NCAA on Demand folks in regards to the request for the 84 championship game:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NCAA On Demand. I have checked the NCAA archive and we do not have a copy of this game. There is a good chance that the game was not broadcast or that there were issues with the broadcast, if it was, because we would have a copy if those were not the case. Please accept our apologies for not having the game.

NCAA On Demand
Old Skool, are you sure they said they have it?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 am

kmax wrote:Hmmm....response I got back from the NCAA on Demand folks in regards to the request for the 84 championship game:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NCAA On Demand. I have checked the NCAA archive and we do not have a copy of this game. There is a good chance that the game was not broadcast or that there were issues with the broadcast, if it was, because we would have a copy if those were not the case. Please accept our apologies for not having the game.

NCAA On Demand
I just received the same response- posted on the other thread.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Hmm, so for those a little less "young" than I that are saying on the other thread they watched the game, anybody remember anything about the broadcast? I wonder if MSU might have a copy of the broadcast that could be given to them to be sold. Would be sad to think it was broadcast but it has been lost.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm

kmax wrote:Hmmm....response I got back from the NCAA on Demand folks in regards to the request for the 84 championship game:
Hi,

NCAA On Demand
When I ordered the semi-final game, that's when I sent in the request for championship game. The response I got back was that they would release it when they had enough demand for it to become available. Maybe they were thinking of the 1976 game, which I now see is on pre-order. Not sure if I saved that email; I'll have to go the archives and see if I kept it. Sorry for the confusion, but I was led to believe they had it, or else I wouldn't have said otherwise. :oops: :evil:

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:18 pm

kmax wrote:Hmm, so for those a little less "young" than I that are saying on the other thread they watched the game, anybody remember anything about the broadcast? I wonder if MSU might have a copy of the broadcast that could be given to them to be sold. Would be sad to think it was broadcast but it has been lost.
That's what I was just thinking, because I distinctly remember watching the game. So one would assume that a copy would be floating around somewhere, whether it be MSU, or the company that was in charge of filming the game, or the local network affiliate that broadcast the game. I couldn't remember now if it was NBC, ABC, or CBS that it aired on. I wonder if someone with the Bozeman stations would know???

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
kmax wrote:Hmm, so for those a little less "young" than I that are saying on the other thread they watched the game, anybody remember anything about the broadcast? I wonder if MSU might have a copy of the broadcast that could be given to them to be sold. Would be sad to think it was broadcast but it has been lost.
That's what I was just thinking, because I distinctly remember watching the game. So one would assume that a copy would be floating around somewhere, whether it be MSU, or the company that was in charge of filming the game, or the local network affiliate that broadcast the game. I couldn't remember now if it was NBC, ABC, or CBS that it aired on. I wonder if someone with the Bozeman stations would know???
Are we talking about the 2006 Furman game? If so, then a tape might not exist, because I know for a fact that the game was not televised, due to NCAA restrictions. Anyone else remember that?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 pm

No, 1984 national championship game.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:34 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
Are we talking about the 2006 Furman game? If so, then a tape might not exist, because I know for a fact that the game was not televised, due to NCAA restrictions. Anyone else remember that?
The discussion is about the '84 Championship game.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:41 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
No, because the Furman game is available for purchase on that same website. It's listed right below the 1984 semifinal game.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 pm

I think Curt Gowdy (sp?) was the announcer. I do remember them talking about "Tank" Landry who was a linebacker for Tech and how he was going to dominate the game. The announcers didn't give MSU much of a chance. Of course we all know what happened as MSU dominated that game from start to finish!

As for "Tank" Landry I remember seeing him playing for some CFL team.

GO CATS!!!

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:13 pm

I haven't found it in an extensive Google search, but if I do I'll be sure to post. I'm surprised it can't be produced, however, considering the 1984 Div II championship between North Dakota State and Troy State is available. :-k

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.