Big Sky Volleyball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nevadacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Big Sky Volleyball

Post by nevadacat » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Cats sweep, nay, crush Eastern in straight sets outhitting the Eagles by a factor of three. Emma Pence was back with 12 kills, 6 blocks, and 2 service aces. (Because of her blocking skills my wife calls her “Pence the fence.”). Still missing Kira Thompson who was in street clothes on the bench, but Courtney Weatherby has really come on since the first tournament and made her presence felt with 13 kills and 11 digs. Overall, the ladies looked polished and composed tonight.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

CatBot
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Big Sky Volleyball

Post by CatBot » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:11 am

Agree on all points. Watched that match all the way and was really impressed. All the things you mentioned, plus I saw a team that played with enthusiasm and confidence. Really great to see.

Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:09 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:41 pm
Cats sweep, nay, crush Eastern in straight sets outhitting the Eagles by a factor of three. Emma Pence was back with 12 kills, 6 blocks, and 2 service aces. (Because of her blocking skills my wife calls her “Pence the fence.”). Still missing Kira Thompson who was in street clothes on the bench, but Courtney Weatherby has really come on since the first tournament and made her presence felt with 13 kills and 11 digs. Overall, the ladies looked polished and composed tonight.
Thanks for the update. I forgot to tune in. I hope that members of the Eagles football team were there.

nevadacat

Post by nevadacat » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Cats skin the Bears in 4 sets at UNCU. I only watched the 4th set, after listening to the 3rd set with my face in my hands. (Not good since I was driving at the time.) Missed the first 2 sets. Ladies looked good in the 4th set, much like Thursday. We’re 2-0!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:30 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:09 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Thanks for the update. I forgot to tune in. I hope that members of the Eagles football team were there.
Ha, I'd say that was unlikely given that the game was played in Bozeman.

Great weekend sweep, I am pleasantly surprised after the rocky non-conference schedule followed by the coaching change. Can't wait for Friday night!

Go Bobcats!

nevadacat

Post by nevadacat » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:43 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:30 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
nevadacat wrote:

Great weekend sweep, I am pleasantly surprised after the rocky non-conference schedule followed by the coaching change. Can't wait for Friday night!
Speaking of the coaching change, the gal who does our home games on ESPN+ has been referring to Coach Aiazzi as “interim head coach” rather than “acting head coach.” It may be a matter of semantics, but I wonder if Coach Jones’ leave might not be temporary. I hope he and family are alright — he’s done a great job with the program.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:35 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:43 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:30 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
nevadacat wrote:

Speaking of the coaching change, the gal who does our home games on ESPN+ has been referring to Coach Aiazzi as “interim head coach” rather than “acting head coach.” It may be a matter of semantics, but I wonder if Coach Jones’ leave might not be temporary. I hope he and family are alright — he’s done a great job with the program.
The title of Interim Head Coach seems to make sense in this case, as presumably Coach Jones has completely stepped away from the program and Coach Aiazzi is handling all of the normal head coaching duties. When Bruce Arians won NFL Coach of the Year with the Colts after taking over for Chuck Pagano during his cancer treatments, he also had the title of Interim Head Coach even though Pagano returned the following season.

The acting title is generally used for more temporary situations, such as a Head Coach testing positive for Covid and needing to miss a game or two. The Head Coach is still the Head Coach, he just can't be there on the sidelines so someone else needs to stand in.

Whether Coach Jones returns or this is a prelude to a permanent coaching change after the season does seem very much up in the air.

Go Bobcats!