Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by imacat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm

Leon Costello just tweeted Duncan ran a converted 3:56.89 mile!



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm

imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
Leon Costello just tweeted Duncan ran a converted 3:56.89 mile!
Thats awesome! but what does "converted" mean exactly?


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 12074
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
Leon Costello just tweeted Duncan ran a converted 3:56.89 mile!
Thats awesome! but what does "converted" mean exactly?
adjusted for altitude. Not exactly sure how the equation works....



User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 9103
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by kmax » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
Leon Costello just tweeted Duncan ran a converted 3:56.89 mile!
Thats awesome! but what does "converted" mean exactly?
adjusted for altitude. Not exactly sure how the equation works....
I believe for indoor track there is also some adjustment for different types of tracks, for instance banked tracks like MSU used to have before the new fieldhouse floor was put in.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5864
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:57 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:29 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
Leon Costello just tweeted Duncan ran a converted 3:56.89 mile!
Thats awesome! but what does "converted" mean exactly?
adjusted for altitude. Not exactly sure how the equation works....
I believe for indoor track there is also some adjustment for different types of tracks, for instance banked tracks like MSU used to have before the new fieldhouse floor was put in.
Yes...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm
Location: Spokane

Re: Duncan Hamilton Breaks 4 Minute Mile

Post by BStinsMSU » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:29 am

Absolutely insane. Kid is a monster.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Post Reply