New coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

New coach

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 am

So Haslam or has his status gotten to big and he is headed with Danny to Washington? What about Russell over at Weber? Or even Luke he has continued success after leaving showing he has some coaching knowledge? Next coach up!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: New coach

Post by MSU01 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:17 am

Last time around I don't think a single person brought up the name Matt Logie until shortly before he was hired, so I think something similar would likely happen this time as well. Haslam is rumored to be staying at Utah State on their new staff, Russell is a known commodity but if he wasn't hired last year what has changed since then? Fennelly is an intriguing candidate but I think MSU will want someone with more than one year of head coaching experience if they go for a D-2 coach again.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am

New coach is named is Matt Logie. :shock:

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:54 am

CatBot wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am
Name sounds familiar, I think I've heard of him :-k

Sports is not bigger than life

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:56 am

How about these upcoming coaches:

Colby Blaine --- College of Idaho
Adam Hiatt --- Montana Tech
Scott Garson --- Assistant at Santa Clara and who built the College of Idaho program from ground up.

Take a shot ____ Will Conroy former assistant at Washington (Seattle pipeline is strong with him)
Sprinkle released as Sprinkle going ALL in with Southern California people Deidrick Taylor and Tony Bland. Rumor outside of Andy Hill no one is coming across the Cascades from Logan, Utah + Utah State yesterday both Men's and Women's new head coaches ALL have Ohio State backgrounds with USU AD.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:45 am

DawsonPirate wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:56 am

Scott Garson --- Assistant at Santa Clara and who built the College of Idaho program from ground up.

Take a shot ____ Will Conroy former assistant at Washington (Seattle pipeline is strong with him)
Sprinkle released as Sprinkle going ALL in with Southern California people Deidrick Taylor and Tony Bland. Rumor outside of Andy Hill no one is coming across the Cascades from Logan, Utah + Utah State yesterday both Men's and Women's new head coaches ALL have Ohio State backgrounds with USU AD.
I would be very surprised if Haslam did not join Sprinkle at Washington. About the only way I could see him not follow Sprinkle was if some other power team offered a job or someone else offered him an HC position.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:15 pm

mslacat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:45 am
DawsonPirate wrote:

I would be very surprised if Haslam did not join Sprinkle at Washington. About the only way I could see him not follow Sprinkle was if some other power team offered a job or someone else offered him an HC position.
No kidding. Sprinkle has Haslam to thank for that nice little GB player pipeline he has going.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:45 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:

Which one are you? You have had zero nice things to say about the program for years. Now you want input?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:45 pm

Can we lock this thread? Should have never been started.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:50 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:54 am
CatBot wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am
Name sounds familiar, I think I've heard of him :-k
Great choice.

Thanks for the updates

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:45 pm
DawsonPirate wrote:

Which one are you? You have had zero nice things to say about the program for years. Now you want input?
That dude has 64 posts. 1 this year. 4 last year. And before that hadn't posted since 2021. And you "remember" if he has nice things to say? Holy sh!t man. Drop the negativity and holier than thou attitude. I think you'd find you'll be a happier person.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:07 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

That dude has 64 posts. 1 this year. 4 last year. And before that hadn't posted since 2021. And you "remember" if he has nice things to say? Holy sh!t man. Drop the negativity and holier than thou attitude. I think you'd find you'll be a happier person.
Seriously dude. What is your fixation with me? You see my posts and feel a need to comment?? Quick with the attacks okay??.. Just put me on ignore.

And as for Dawson, I am not the only poster who noticed he his distinct criticism and negativity. I guess he made a very negative impression. Given my photographic memory and that I know guys from Dawson County, it stuck in my head.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:10 pm

I'm really excited about this new coach we got the other day, Matt Logie. I think he's going to be better than the guy we had last year. Not that there was anything wrong with last year's coach but this coach Logie we got now seems like the kind of coach that will work very hard to develop his players, really build a program, and be a better coach every year so I wish him the best this coming year. I also wish last year's coach the very best and hope he wins his conference and gets his team to the NCAA tourney in 2025. GO CATS!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:11 pm

Did read Sprinkle will bring Andy Hill from Utah State. In addition looks like Sprinkle going ALL in Southern California. Diedrich Taylor his former boss and current HC Fullerton and Tony Bland asst. USC and strong LA ties, will be joining Sprinkle and only one carry over from Hopkins staff. Low end asst.

If you know Seattle Will Conroy is stronger then anyone in the SeaTac area ____ Inner city Garfield and connected Brandon Roy.

The remaining Utah State staff must wait their out come and new coach coming from Ohio.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:07 pm
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

Seriously dude. What is your fixation with me? You see my posts and feel a need to comment?? Quick with the attacks okay??.. Just put me on ignore.

And as for Dawson, I am not the only poster who noticed he his distinct criticism and negativity. I guess he made a very negative impression. Given my photographic memory and that I know guys from Dawson County, it stuck in my head.
Sure man....sure.

😆

I'm done. This thread should be about Logie. And I respect the board to let it continue back on track. Now go ahead and have that photographic(lol) memory bring up the post I made on jan. 3 2014......

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

Here's the truth dude. When you talk sports you actually have some decent things to say. But you spend soooo muuuch time fixating on what other posters have said in the past that it gets old. I don't care what someone said 6 months ago. Noone else here does either. So who you constantly berate positive posts because they weren't positive 6 months ago that's honestly mean.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am

lutecat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

Here's the truth dude. When you talk sports you actually have some decent things to say. But you spend soooo muuuch time fixating on what other posters have said in the past that it gets old. I don't care what someone said 6 months ago. Noone else here does either. So who you constantly berate positive posts because they weren't positive 6 months ago that's honestly mean.
Then don't read them. Put me on ignore. For f sakes, let it go.

Some posters should have their agenda taken into account when they post. Dawson has been super negative about the program - that is not hard to recall. Others have noted it as well. And now he wants input for the next coach? Sorry, but that is not right.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:33 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

Some posters should have their agenda taken into account when they post. Dawson has been super negative about the program - that is not hard to recall. Others have noted it as well. And now he wants input for the next coach? Sorry, but that is not right.
Well, I suppose the good news is that Leon Costello isn't scrolling through Bobcat Nation looking for names to add to his contact list the next time a vacancy arises. So not a single person here actually has any input.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:35 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
DawsonPirate wrote:

Some posters should have their agenda taken into account when they post.
Dawson has been super negative about the program - that is not hard to recall. Others have noted it as well. And now he wants input for the next coach? Sorry, but that is not right.
Take a look in the mirror once in a while internet tough guy.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:34 am

DawsonPirate wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:11 pm
Did read Sprinkle will bring Andy Hill from Utah State. In addition looks like Sprinkle going ALL in Southern California. Diedrich Taylor his former boss and current HC Fullerton and Tony Bland asst. USC and strong LA ties, will be joining Sprinkle and only one carry over from Hopkins staff. Low end asst.

If you know Seattle Will Conroy is stronger then anyone in the SeaTac area ____ Inner city Garfield and connected Brandon Roy.

The remaining Utah State staff must wait their out come and new coach coming from Ohio.
I am very surprised Haslam is not going with him.