Another Coach to WA: Brian Fish to Centralia CC

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Another Coach to WA: Brian Fish to Centralia CC

Post by wbtfg » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:12 pm

April Fool's!

Just kidding, there's no way he'd land that job.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Another Coach to WA: Brian Fish to Centralia CC

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:15 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:14 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the assist on that one

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Saw him back on the Oregon bench working for Dana Altman. Probably a good spot for him.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:17 am

I wonder if Coach Fish still jumps up, yells at a player, and stomps his foot on the floor? Probably not as a big-time #1 assistant.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:40 am

Can we put Fish's name among those other disappointments, like in football with the "One Who Shall Not Be Named"? He did as much damage to our basketball program as Earle did to the football program...

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:45 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:40 am
Can we put Fish's name among those other disappointments, like in football with the "One Who Shall Not Be Named"? He did as much damage to our basketball program as Earle did to the football program...
I would disagree. He didn't do damage, from what I saw, but his teams never seemed to capitalize on their talent. The offense was stagnant and it was usually something like "Tyler, stand in the corner or on the wing and we will pass it to you with 3 seconds left so you are gonna need to shoot". He did bring in Coach Haslam who really revived our team having a post presence and was a great recruiter. Harry and Tyler would have been even more dynamic in a better offense with more movement.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:24 am

profisme wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:45 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
I would disagree. He didn't do damage, from what I saw, but his teams never seemed to capitalize on their talent. The offense was stagnant and it was usually something like "Tyler, stand in the corner or on the wing and we will pass it to you with 3 seconds left so you are gonna need to shoot". He did bring in Coach Haslam who really revived our team having a post presence and was a great recruiter. Harry and Tyler would have been even more dynamic in a better offense with more movement.
I can get on board with a little of that. However, his demeanor on the court and towards players was more than I could stomach. I saw games in person where I was absolutely ashamed of how he behaved.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
I disagree on this take. Fish left the program significantly stronger than the train wreck he inherited when he took the job.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:17 pm

imacat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
I disagree on this take. Fish left the program significantly stronger than the train wreck he inherited when he took the job.
Agreed. And he landed some great recruits. He just couldn’t take the program to a regularly successful level.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:14 pm

Nothing wrong with Centralia. My son is considering a baseball scholarship there.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

snarf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snarf » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:13 am

profisme wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Haslam actually came in under Huse. Fish did decide to keep him on staff, so I guess there is that.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:57 pm

snarf wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:13 am
profisme wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Haslam actually came in under Huse. Fish did decide to keep him on staff, so I guess there is that.
Ahhh. Thank you for the clarification. I didn’t look it up nor did I really want to potentially relive those years…

-Elias P. Harmon-

imacat

Post by imacat » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:25 am

profisme wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:57 pm
snarf wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:13 am
profisme wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Ahhh. Thank you for the clarification. I didn’t look it up nor did I really want to potentially relive those years…
Haslam is pretty unique. He was first hired by Huse and then retained by Fish and by Sprinkle.