Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:42 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:12 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm
Any older coaches out there that want to retire in Bozeman and build a program?
Yeah, definitely what we want is a coach on the downside of his career looking to settle down.
Why not? Does age make them a bad coach or recruiter?
Did I say anything about age?

MSU is in a middling conference. Any coach that is looking to retire here is more than likely on the tail end of his career, and coming from a more prestigious program or conference. That’s not who we want. We’re a stepping stone. Own it. Build the program hiring good, young, coaches that are looking to advance themselves and their programs.

Obviously I want Logie to stay longer than a year, but this sure does make hiring a good candidate a heck of a lot easier.
“Downside of his career looking to settle down” would mean an older coach.

Should we get rid of Binford then? She seems to want to stick it out here for awhile.

If Logie leaves, did he advance the program? Has he really built something here? His team did get hot at the right time this year, but is the program built for the long haul or sustained success? Was the program in a good spot after Sprinkle left? You could say yes and no to that one. Sprinkle did advance the program to new heights but it was also torn down when he left. I don’t know what the right answer is, but I’m not so sure just bringing in young coaches that are hot to get big paydays is the way to go either. Unfortunately, I think that is probably what’s going to happen again and again and again. Tough for me to continue to get behind it again and again and again though.
I’ll guarantee you if Binford had an offer like Sprinkle or Logie, she’d be out of here as fast as she could. We aren’t a destination spot, we’re a stepping stone.
You talk like you know something about basketball. Maybe we can revisit your take on our team last year, specifically on Lecholat and Patterson.
If never being wrong is a new qualifier for posting here, I’m quite afraid that traffic is going to decrease significantly.
Maybe if you were a little more humble in your statements, people wouldn’t call you out when you are wrong. But then again, your username is belligerent so we know what you thrive on.
Maybe if you just.....nevermind.

Look there's no people... there's just you. People is plural.

Be nicer man. Be nicer.
So you are telling me to be nicer since I was being “mean” to a belligerent bully. Got it!

I didn’t realize you two were so close! You might not pay very close attention to posts here, but Belligerent has developed quite a number of folks who have tired of his antics.

As for this specific item, you should go look at what he said about our Cat players last year. That guy is no fan. He is an obnoxious know it all who just likes to be belligerent.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:53 pm

Ya, Wazzu seems... just yuck. I also don't think their enrollment is even that much higher than MSU.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:42 pm
As for this specific item, you should go look at what he said about our Cat players last year. That guy is no fan. He is an obnoxious know it all who just likes to be belligerent.
He wasn't the guy who said they were less talented than high school players, if that's what you're thinking.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:03 pm
Cataholic wrote:
He wasn't the guy who said they were less talented than high school players, if that's what you're thinking.
Nope. This was when guys were entering the portal after Sprinkle left. He stated that a number of guys were just “plain not good”. I won’t elaborate beyond that, but he was specific and chastised anyone for thinking otherwise in his belligerent way. Many of those guys he attacked stood out this year.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:39 pm
Washington State is in turmoil with the Pac 12 to Pac 2 saga still creating multiple challenges. They have serious financial issues and no AD (Leon would be nuts to take that job). Logie might have been offered a 1 year deal allowing the incoming AD to make his own decisions after year 1. I just don’t see him staying at MSU as much of a surprise with all the uncertainties at WSU.
I agree, way too much uncertainty. But can somebody tell me what the situation is with OSU and WSU basically getting the assets of the Pac-12? I know back in December they won some suit that said those two schools got this $255M "war chest". Is that cash? Or deferred? Or something else?

And I was surprised, even with the uncertainty, because I assumed he'd be getting at least a third of what Sprinkle is getting. Even if that doesn't go well, a million bucks a year is hard to say no to.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:32 pm

MBB has a Facebook post showing Coach and “the job isn’t finished, more to come”

?????

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:32 pm
MBB has a Facebook post showing Coach and “the job isn’t finished, more to come”

?????
Because he's staying! =D^

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Nope. This was when guys were entering the portal after Sprinkle left. He stated that a number of guys were just “plain not good”. I won’t elaborate beyond that, but he was specific and chastised anyone for thinking otherwise in his belligerent way. Many of those guys he attacked stood out this year.
The majority of this board has talked about how great a job Logie did with a roster that isn’t very talented. Washington State just tried to hire him despite having a losing record his year. So, how does a really good coach have a losing record? Either he’s not a very good coach, or the talent level wasn’t exactly good. And like I said, if you’re going to pick on people for saying the team wasn’t very good, you’re going to have to call out more than just me.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:49 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:32 pm

?????
Because he's staying! =D^
Been busy at work. Hard to read all the nested insults and get info some days.

Thanks BnG. Is Leon leaving?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:15 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:37 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The majority of this board has talked about how great a job Logie did with a roster that isn’t very talented. Washington State just tried to hire him despite having a losing record his year. So, how does a really good coach have a losing record? Either he’s not a very good coach, or the talent level wasn’t exactly good. And like I said, if you’re going to pick on people for saying the team wasn’t very good, you’re going to have to call out more than just me.
You are a real peach. The least you could do is own up to your attacks on these kids. Do you deny that you said they are “plain not good”? Is that what you are saying again. Specifically, Patterson and Lecholat had great seasons and you went after those guys. McMahon looked great till he got hurt. Robert Ford was amazing. Yet you can’t admit you missed the mark.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:25 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:15 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
You are a real peach. The least you could do is own up to your attacks on these kids. Do you deny that you said they are “plain not good”? Is that what you are saying again. Specifically, Patterson and Lecholat had great seasons and you went after those guys. McMahon looked great till he got hurt. Robert Ford was amazing. Yet you can’t admit you missed the mark.
Who cares. The thread is about Logie.
We should just start a thread for people who want to complain about others posts. All that could go to separate pages and everyone would get tagged. The rest of us can read the real threads.

Sports is not bigger than life

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:37 pm

exactly... thankfully, this thread can be locked up also...

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:25 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Who cares. The thread is about Logie.
We should just start a thread for people who want to complain about others posts. All that could go to separate pages and everyone would get tagged. The rest of us can read the real threads.
Dude I tried to do that once. I literally made a thread for it.

I never understood the need to remember and complain about other people's past posts. Brint keeps receipts and it's halfway funny. Sad but halfway funny. This is not funny.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:59 pm

Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I don't get your hate against peaches. They're one of the best fruits. You can get all sorts of varieties at the peach stand in Four Corners in Bozeman in the fall. O'henry is good. Angela is the best variety.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:19 pm

The EWU forum now seems to think that David Riley is on his way to WSU.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:56 pm

Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Look, all I’m going to say is you’re leaving out a ton of context from my posts. Which, I mean, if you’re wanting to win internet battles, go for it my dude. If you’d actually like to discuss it further, an actual conversation rather than just trying to “win”, feel free to message me and I’ll indulge you. Otherwise, this will be my last post on the subject. Have a great day.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:15 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:56 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Look, all I’m going to say is you’re leaving out a ton of context from my posts. Which, I mean, if you’re wanting to win internet battles, go for it my dude. If you’d actually like to discuss it further, an actual conversation rather than just trying to “win”, feel free to message me and I’ll indulge you. Otherwise, this will be my last post on the subject. Have a great day.
Oh bullsh1t. Not only are you belligerent and a know it all, but you are never wrong. Would have been easy to say you missed the mark on Lecholat, Patterson and McMahon, but you would never do that. Not interested in rehashing anything with you. Maybe lutecat can reach out and give you some love.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm

Yeah, definitely what we want is a coach on the downside of his career looking to settle down.

MSU is in a middling conference. Any coach that is looking to retire here is more than likely on the tail end of his career, and coming from a more prestigious program or conference. That’s not who we want. We’re a stepping stone. Own it. Build the program hiring good, young, coaches that are looking to advance themselves and their programs.

Obviously I want Logie to stay longer than a year, but this sure does make hiring a good candidate a heck of a lot easier.

Should we get rid of Binford then? She seems to want to stick it out here for awhile.

If Logie leaves, did he advance the program? Has he really built something here? His team did get hot at the right time this year, but is the program built for the long haul or sustained success? Was the program in a good spot after Sprinkle left? You could say yes and no to that one. Sprinkle did advance the program to new heights but it was also torn down when he left. I don’t know what the right answer is, but I’m not so sure just bringing in young coaches that are hot to get big paydays is the way to go either. Unfortunately, I think that is probably what’s going to happen again and again and again. Tough for me to continue to get behind it again and again and again though.
I’ll guarantee you if Binford had an offer like Sprinkle or Logie, she’d be out of here as fast as she could. We aren’t a destination spot, we’re a stepping stone.
You talk like you know something about basketball. Maybe we can revisit your take on our team last year, specifically on Lecholat and Patterson.
If never being wrong is a new qualifier for posting here, I’m quite afraid that traffic is going to decrease significantly.
Maybe if you were a little more humble in your statements, people wouldn’t call you out when you are wrong. But then again, your username is belligerent so we know what you thrive on.

Be nicer man. Be nicer.
So you are telling me to be nicer since I was being “mean” to a belligerent bully. Got it!

I didn’t realize you two were so close! You might not pay very close attention to posts here, but Belligerent has developed quite a number of folks who have tired of his antics.

A lot of people have tired of your antics too, me included. You calling out other people for being obnoxious is a big bowl of "pot, meet kettle".

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:59 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I don't get your hate against peaches. They're one of the best fruits. You can get all sorts of varieties at the peach stand in Four Corners in Bozeman in the fall. O'henry is good. Angela is the best variety.
Pure speculation here Lute but it's as if the poor dude never got to enjoy a peach as a child and was only given peach pits to suck on, which left him with a bitter taste in his mouth and all these years later he reverts back to episodes of being a bitter person. Perhaps as time goes on he'll heal up from that and have fewer and fewer bitter episodes. If it would help I'd even buy him his own bag of peaches to enjoy all by himself. :)

By the way I'm with you John K.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:25 pm

John K wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Be nicer man. Be nicer.

A lot of people have tired of your antics too, me included. You calling out other people for being obnoxious is a big bowl of "pot, meet kettle".
Sorry if my posts calling others out have been an issue for you. It is so funny that some have told me to just put “them” on ignore, but they won’t do that with me. :shock: ](*,) If you don’t like my posts, why don’t you put me on ignore?

I love my Bobcats and enjoy reading tidbits of insight on this sight. Having posted for a couple of years, I have seen many of the best posters disappear because guys like Belligerent were being quite frankly, belligerent.

It has been a good ride, but I will find the door and observe from a distance.