Sprinkle to Washington

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Sprinkle to Washington

Post by nanacat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:03 pm

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:25 am
nanacat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:16 am
I get the whole desire to move up thing, and it said in the one article I read that his dad played there and Sprinkle grew up in Washington, so that's a going back home reason I suppose. But for a resume and consistency sake isn't it good to stay one place for awhile? Build your team, recruit, succeed, etc.
Just look over the hill at Travis Decuire. A few years ago he was being mentioned for PAC 12 jobs, and I think he turned down Oregon State and was waiting for a better opening. Since then the Grizzlies haven’t done much and the big offers aren’t rolling in. You need to strike while the iron is hot and take that life changing money.
I do get that part. He's been successful fast so that raises his stock immensely.

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Kind of funny that the Aggies are asking their players to remain loyal when last year they were hoping to poach Osobor, Brown and Battle, along with some of our recruits. Then again, that’s got to be an incredibly frustrated fan base. 3 coaches in 4 years. Ouch. Hopefully they don’t come sniffing around Logie!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:36 pm

Yeah now they know how we felt. Tough bananas!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:54 pm

Hard to recruit at USU and hard to keep players. Small town, hard to get to, 65% Mormon (Logan), High population of Mormon students, dry campus, not known for athletic success, etc.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

jaquelethargic
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by jaquelethargic » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:30 pm

Incredibly proud and happy for Coach Sprinkle. Great human and wish him success!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:53 pm

No brainer decision for Danny. Great guy, great coach I hope he turns UW basketball around

As an aside, remember when Peter fields passed over Sprinkle for Brad Huse?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:11 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:44 am
Talk about exponential career progression in three years.

22/23 Big Sky -> 23/24 Mountain West -> 24/25 Big Ten
And next year around this time he will be announced as the new HC for KS, Duke, UCONN, or some other school at that level. Meteoric rise.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:20 pm

Maybe we can get Great to come back to Bozeman. 😉

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:34 pm

More potential dominoes falling out west. The jobs at Wazzu and USU...
I'm not too worried yet. We'll see. Logie has super strong ties to that area.

RobertSebastianCat-81
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RobertSebastianCat-81 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:26 pm

I checked the Utah State Athletic site, men's basketball news, and they were silent on any change at head coach.

The article about Danny being named head coach at U of Washington Athletic site spoke about a lot about his ties to the state of Washington (birthplace, his dad being an athlete at UW). Makes it seem even more irresistible of a decision. He must have been negotiating simultaneous to the time he was actively coaching during the tournament, as fast as this happened.

Can Great follow him to UW? I thought you only get one portal trip in your career, based on the hassles that Battle discovered when moving to WVU.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:58 pm

nanacat wrote:
I get the whole desire to move up thing, and it said in the one article I read that his dad played there and Sprinkle grew up in Washington, so that's a going back home reason I suppose. But for a resume and consistency sake isn't it good to stay one place for awhile? Build your team, recruit, succeed, etc.
His dad did indeed play football for Washington but I don't think Danny grew up in Washington. I think he was born in Billings and mostly grew up in Helena.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:14 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:58 pm
nanacat wrote:
His dad did indeed play football for Washington but I don't think Danny grew up in Washington. I think he was born in Billings and mostly grew up in Helena.
According to his bio, he was born in Pullman.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:16 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:14 pm
seataccat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:58 pm
nanacat wrote:
According to his bio, he was born in Pullman.
OK I think his dad must have been attending grad school then. I think they moved to Billings in 79 and Danny was born in 76.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:27 pm

RobertSebastianCat-81 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:26 pm
Can Great follow him to UW? I thought you only get one portal trip in your career, based on the hassles that Battle discovered when moving to WVU.
I think fairly recent court decisions took away any barriers to transferring multiple times. Basically, every player is a free agent.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:27 pm
I think fairly recent court decisions took away any barriers to transferring multiple times. Basically, every player is a free agent.
...due in part to Battle's story. Didn't he file a suit?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:32 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:26 am
He recruited, and succeeded....Just did it faster than most. I wonder how the USU fans feel...yikes
Oh, just search twitter a bit. They are pretty POd. I just think it's funny considering Utah State bought Sprinkle from MSU by offering more money and now Utah State fans are mad that UW bought Sprinkle from Utah State by offering more money. Hilarious but I know how they feel.
A prominent feature of the new era in college athletics. Outrage for me, but not for thee.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 pm

Crabycat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 am
\:D/
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:32 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:26 am
He recruited, and succeeded....Just did it faster than most. I wonder how the USU fans feel...yikes
Oh, just search twitter a bit. They are pretty POd. I just think it's funny considering Utah State bought Sprinkle from MSU by offering more money and now Utah State fans are mad that UW bought Sprinkle from Utah State by offering more money. Hilarious but I know how they feel.
I think it’s funny and I will right up until Utah decides that our AD really knows how to hire and tries for Logie. ( I can’t imagine that happening, but wouldn’t that really piss you off)
Either that or hiring Leon away....
Maybe Danny and Matt can negotiate a home and home with UW...?

2024 Resume dominance

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:04 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:27 pm
...due in part to Battle's story. Didn't he file a suit?
You are correct ...he told a story...a story.....a fictional story

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:10 pm

This article has a copy of the memorandum of understanding for his contract:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... ext-coach/
3.2 million first year, up to 4.2 sixth year. Also gives the incentives.

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:58 pm

Mason Falslev, freshman starter this year, into the portal for Utah State. We will see if he follows Danny to Washington