Utah question

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Utah question

Post by lutecat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Not Utah state but Utah women's basketball.

Anyone know why they stayed in Ceour d'alene at the resort Thursday night? Along with the marching band and a bunch of fans. They play in Portland today so I was surprised they were all here.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Utah question

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Anyone know why they stayed in Ceour d'alene at the resort Thursday night? Along with the marching band and a bunch of fans. They play in Portland today so I was surprised they were all here.
Utah is playing in Spokane at Gonzaga. Portland is the regional site next weekend.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:24 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 pm
lutecat wrote:

Utah is playing in Spokane at Gonzaga. Portland is the regional site next weekend.
We saw several busses this morning at the LA Quinta off of 95, south of I90.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:55 am

MSU01 wrote:
lutecat wrote:

And Coeur d'Alene is a much nicer place to stay than Spokane. :)

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:21 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:55 am
MSU01 wrote:
lutecat wrote:

And Coeur d'Alene is a much nicer place to stay than Spokane. :)
Especially when Spokane is (was) hosting the men's regional and most good hotels were probably booked a year ago.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:23 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 am
I feel sorry for the green players on the team. They shouldn't have to deal with this.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:20 pm

I hate it when they don't say what happened. Imaginations run wild. Was their violence? Was it reported to police? Frustrating to not know! No names need to be released but if its going to be made public some details would be nice.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:36 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:20 pm
I hate it when they don't say what happened. Imaginations run wild. Was their violence? Was it reported to police? Frustrating to not know! No names need to be released but if its going to be made public some details would be nice.
I had to read through a few different articles to find any more details. Sounds like they were walking to a restaurant close to their hotel... a white truck pulled up next to them, revved the engine, and shouted some expletives. Following their dinner, the same truck, along with another, pulled up and did the same thing.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Au Blue wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:36 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
I had to read through a few different articles to find any more details. Sounds like they were walking to a restaurant close to their hotel... a white truck pulled up next to them, revved the engine, and shouted some expletives. Following their dinner, the same truck, along with another, pulled up and did the same thing.
I wish somebody would have noticed all this and secretly followed the vehicles around all night..... and whenever and wherever they parked..... absolutely destroyed those vehicles beyond recognition. Not suggesting any violence against them, just vandalism. :lol: :evil:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:08 pm
Au Blue wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
I wish somebody would have noticed all this and secretly followed the vehicles around all night..... and whenever and wherever they parked..... absolutely destroyed those vehicles beyond recognition. Not suggesting any violence against them, just vandalism. :lol: :evil:
Yes, property destruction and mean words are equivalent. I'm sure that would have taught them a lesson.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:18 pm

#NorthernaIdaho

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:38 pm

Sounds like a Bad situation perpetrated by low life idiots.

With this happening to large groups of college kids I can't help but think and hope that numerous cell phones got pictures and video of it.
Maybe it happened too quick but this generation is amazingly fast at hitting the record button too.
In addition to that, it would be surprising if there weren't security cameras in the areas where this happened.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:15 pm
catatac wrote:
Au Blue wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
Yes, property destruction and mean words are equivalent. I'm sure that would have taught them a lesson.
Just a couple of broken noses would suffice. Problem with these jerks is they carry.

There are some pretty nasty "rednecks" here. They like Northern Idaho of 20-30 years ago.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:12 pm

Wow! We wondered why they checked out in the evening after a night or two. I mean you don't check out of hotels in the evening. Northern Idaho for you....

It's too bad. I had some of the girls on my floor and I was at a buying show so had tons of samples. If I ran I to any of them I was going to hook them up.

Also I did see a cybertruck Saturday morning before I left.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 am

Northern Idaho is a crazy place. :lol:
At least the nutjobs seem to be moving to Idaho and not hiding out in cabins near Lincoln, Montana.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 am
Northern Idaho is a crazy place. :lol:
At least the nutjobs seem to be moving to Idaho and not hiding out in cabins near Lincoln, Montana.
https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/msu-r ... rom-campus

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DwaineF » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 pm

With freedom of speech, you unfortunately will have some of this stuff show its ugly head from time to time. I am torn as to whether we should give these people the notoriety by even reporting it. It does show that it will be extremely hard to like in a free society that is free of hateful people.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:04 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:15 pm
catatac wrote:
Au Blue wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
Nah, you're right in that those aren't equivalent... but I never said they were. Also, I am 100% all about free speech. But if people want to take the "free speech" stance in order to spew a bunch of hatred and racism towards a bunch of kids... I'm also perfectly OK if others want to take matters into their own hands and mess with the skinheads' property. Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!